1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

In my research I've seen that a lot of figures seem to go through some pretty significant changes from proto to production (MMS Batman, Kevin Flynn, it seems like it's expected that Indiana Jones will see some improvements). Seeing the two photos next to each other, it's hard to dispute which is the better likeness, and it'd definitely be awesome if they improved upon the proto.

My attempt to get HT to revise the figure slightly before it goes into production -

https://www.supermania78.com/2011/06/open-letter-to-hot-toys.html

Hope you guys like what you see with the changes...!

You wrote:
"You'll find the amendments detailed in the images above to be slight and easily achievable but in doing so making the transistion from acceptable to impeccable."

I wouldn't mind a figure looking like that photoshopped image :clap Although, I don't know if tweaking the HS would be 'easily achievable'. But hey, I heard they tweaked the Bruce Lee DX HS, so why not Superman? HS Tweak FTW :hi5:

BTW, when reading the blog, I somehow managed to figure out how to make the pictures bigger, with readable text, all by my little lonesome, without any help from the big kids :D

You need help.

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol

As you can probably see from my join date I'm just getting back into collecting, so I'm a Hot Toys noob. Do they really tend to take customer suggestions into account?

I HIGHLY doubt they'll take any of the suggestions posted here in these forums. I'd be honestly surprised if they've come by here after the shamelessly douchy BS from the original TDK thread. Best bet is to take it to their FB page where they actually interact with people.

I don't want this thing anymore.

I don't want this thing anymore.

Nuh me to...

1358.gif

As far as martin-el's blog post goes, a lot of the cosmetic changes such as the boots and whatnot I can understand, because the boots are fairly inaccurate to the original costume.

But when you get down to things like, "The logo needs to be 5.3cm x 3.5 cm", you just need to go outside for a few minutes. I'm serious, man...that's some obsessive ____ right there, and it's unhealthy.

As far as martin-el's blog post goes, a lot of the cosmetic changes such as the boots and whatnot I can understand, because the boots are fairly inaccurate to the original costume.

But when you get down to things like, "The logo needs to be 5.3cm x 3.5 cm", you just need to go outside for a few minutes. I'm serious, man...that's some obsessive ____ right there, and it's unhealthy.

It'll take them an hour to get to those few minutes, unlocking/relocking the deadbolt 88 times, turning left, turning right with the door knob 66 times, opening/closing the door 44 times before stepping onto the stoop and having the sudden paranoia of sidewalk cracks overwhelm them.

There's a guy at NASA where I work that literally does something like that before he goes into his building every time. He walks a certain number of feet, turns around (always turns to the left) about 12 times, walks forward, goes back, turns around, walks up the stairs, down the stairs, up the stairs, down, up, down, back up and finally reaches the door, walks back to the pillar, back to the door, pillar, door, pillar, door, opens the door, walks in, walks out, in, out, in, out, in, coughs, and finally goes in. What he does once he's inside, I don't know. I have his routine memorized because I see it almost every day.

Must be an engineer.

Yes after seeing the photoshopped improvements the figure it doesn't look good anymore =/

On the bright side, there's a LOT of time left until this comes out. I'm not getting too crazy, my preorder is still locked in.

This figure still looks f'n awesome. I'm happy to have an order in.

Yes after seeing the photoshopped improvements the figure it doesn't look good anymore =/

You'd better not watch the movie then, Superman looks exactly like Christopher Reeve.

Tis an interesting if somewhat obsessive blog but there's no doubt is looks pretty uncanny.

I'm still a bit meh on all this stuff now at this stage as I think the figure is just rockin.

Obsessive, yeah - the clue's in the title I guess.

I find the response here very interesting - much of it is laced with indifference yet if such discrepancies were to surface on an Iron Man or a Terminator they would be addressed with outrage as a matter of course. To those of us who for once do not wish to customise (and don't see why we pay that much cash for a figure and have to), I could not in good conscience let the efforts of fellow fans go unnoticed, especially in the light of the fact they clearly improve the figure.
As far as mocking the 'scientific' aspect of the clearly bewildering concept of measurements to accompany graphics - I always kinda thought it was helpful, not to mention standard. Chris King's other stuff kind of speaks for itself so if being specific is what constitutes getting the @~!* taken 'round here then we might all be in trouble. Regardless, I'm not gonna post about it again 'till its in hand, but if you end up being dissapointed with the final fig (and I really hope you don't) It won't be because every attempt wasn't made...

I find the response here very interesting - much of it is laced with indifference yet if such discrepancies were to surface on an Iron Man or a Terminator they would be addressed with outrage as a matter of course. To those of us who for once do not wish to customise (and don't see why we pay that much cash for a figure and have to), I could not in good conscience let the efforts of fellow fans go unnoticed, especially in the light of the fact they clearly improve the figure.
As far as mocking the 'scientific' aspect of the clearly bewildering concept of measurements to accompany graphics I always kinda thought it was helpful, not to mention standard. Chris King's other stuff kind of speaks for itself so if being specific is what constitutes getting the @~!* taken 'round here then we might all be in trouble. Regardless, I'm not gonna post about it again 'till its in hand, but if you end up being dissapointed with the final fig (and I really hope you don't) It won't be because every attempt wasn't made...

Well you are placing a lot of importance in your opinion there. There are many already who feel the face could be improved.

As an illustrator in the entertainment industry, I can tell you that, while you may mean well, it can come off as patronising giving them the measurements like that.
The folks who make these really know what they are doing.
You don't. I don't.

Not saying that what you are doing is wrong or bad. It could just be read in ways you may not intend. :)

As far as mocking the 'scientific' aspect of the clearly bewildering concept of measurements to accompany graphics - I always kinda thought it was helpful, not to mention standard. Chris King's other stuff kind of speaks for itself so if being specific is what constitutes getting the @~!* taken 'round here then we might all be in trouble. Regardless, I'm not gonna post about it again 'till its in hand, but if you end up being dissapointed with the final fig (and I really hope you don't) It won't be because every attempt wasn't made...

Proceeds from your purchase
benefit the
Christopher & Dana Reeve
Spinal Cord Injury and Paralysis Foundation!

https://www.christopherreeve.org/si...inal_Cord_Injury_and_Paralysis_Foundation.htm
:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

It's as simple as this. You don't want to pay that much, don't buy. This figure wouldn't have his likeness at all, without the foundation. :huh

Didn't we already have this conversation over a month ago? :dunno

Back