1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Y'all wanna know what awesome looks like?

Here it is:

Hot-Toys-Superman-Collectible-Figure-Christopher-Reeves-17.jpg

Well then I am sorry the intent of my post wasn't to tear down someone that likes the film, even though I don't agree.

It's funny though, you care deeply about Superman Returns and yet you ignored my post and didn't respond. Maglor admitted that he didn't give a damn about Superman Returns and, sure enough he had to find MY post and criticize it.

We may not agree Gipetto about the film, but thanks for not calling me out.

I tend not to use "my opinion" and I usually belt off what I'm thinking if it's a throw away post, that includes things I don't like. If people in this thread like Superman Returns, good, but I don't. I'm sure there are other things we could agree on.

I felt no reason to respond. I generally agree with your posts so for me there was no point in starting an argument/debate etc. with you on the film. It was obvious you didn't care for the film so there's no reason for me to give you reasons why you should.

But there's definitely something we can agree on (judging by your sig), '89 Bats is the sheet! :rock

I think this is my favorite pose:

Christopher_Reeve.jpg

Better? I think I like this one better. I like the hovering-about-to-land pose.

htsupermanpr10.jpg

That's a cool pose too, but you're gonna lose a whole detolf shelf with it. :lol

Still my favorite shot. Hell or high water, I'll find a way to get him posed like this! :lecture:lecture:lecture

There was a post a while back featuring this picture. This looks like the right stand for the job. I asked aeumuse what kind of stand it was but no answer. Anyone?
CRS-08.jpg

Looks kind of like a medicom stand. :dunno

There was a post a while back featuring this picture. This looks like the right stand for the job. I asked aeumuse what kind of stand it was but no answer. Anyone?
CRS-08.jpg

I've seem that stand on ebay. Let me see if I can find it.

I believe that is the stand that came with the Mattel 12" Superman figure

Doesn't look the same and I'd be worried about it actually supporting a $210 Hot Toys figure. :lol

Yea the one in the pic above is definitely from the Matty 12" superman. Using my phone so I can't post a pic but I know for sure it's the Matty one

Doesn't look the same and I'd be worried about it actually supporting a $210 Hot Toys figure. :lol

Yeah I notice the clip is blue in the Superman photo. But it does support a full bottle of water. So I don't think a Hot Toys figure should be a problem. Beside if it's inside a detolf it is going to fall far.

Yeah I notice the clip is blue in the Superman photo. But it does support a full bottle of water. So I don't think a Hot Toys figure should be a problem. Beside if it's inside a detolf it is going to fall far.

I don't devote whole shelves to single figures though. Hitting other figures can scratch paint, break fragile accessories, etc.

Looking at the Matty figure on ebay I see it now. Def the same stand. I don't like the lower portion of the stand. It looks like it would tip easily.

I also want to display the figure 'in flight'. I imagine this figure will use the same clip as Mech Test Tony. I wonder how hard it would be to find an acrylic rod in the same size the clip uses, then heat and bend to shape. (hmmm.....)

Looking at the Matty figure on ebay I see it now. Def the same stand. I don't like the lower portion of the stand. It looks like it would tip easily.

I also want to display the figure 'in flight'. I imagine this figure will use the same clip as Mech Test Tony. I wonder how hard it would be to find an acrylic rod in the same size the clip uses, then heat and bend to shape. (hmmm.....)

I'm gonna go bend a c-clamp stand up and see if that'll support the weight of a figure. If so, I can deal with a white stand and the metal. Still don't trust the clear plastic of the HT stand given my experience with Medis.

Back