1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Yeah I can't wait to have Superman beat Batman's A$$. Going to have fun taking those pics, finally.

This is a bargain at $200 or so compared to the new DX figures of 89 Batman...but what can you do?

Even with six inches of rubber ears Keaton would only come up to Reeve's shoulder. Stunning figure though...

When does this ship?

Looks terrible.:lecture

I fly away now..
tumblr_lek64mRS6T1qakx30.gif

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

o1ZL4.gif

:lol

The Bale figure will do just fine, and I want them both unmasked, so the Keaton figure won't work at all.

I can't comprehend this.

it was... a terrible batman move?
Batman intenionaly killing people, and using guns?
Not to mention, the way keaton's cheeks puff out from the mask... he should have been called fatman.

on the plus side, loads of fat guys can get away with cosplaying as him.

His performance made up for it, he played an excellent "batman" who was written/ re-imagined poorly.

I get that people like it. and that's fine. But I'm also pretty sure that a great deal of that love is, much like the old Ahnuld conan films, skewed through a very VERY thick pair of nostalgia goggles.

Not to mention, the way keaton's cheeks puff out from the mask... he should have been called fatman.

His performance made up for it, he played an excellent "batman" who was written/ re-imagined poorly.

I get that people like it. and that's fine. But I'm also pretty sure that a great deal of that love is, much like the old Ahnuld conan films, skewed through a very VERY thick pair of nostalgia goggles.

I hear ya about keaton he does look like a giant baby in a rubber suit, but its still a cool figure for those who want it.

Not at all. Those movies to those that like them still hold up well and since they are in a fantastical setting, are likely to hold up a lot longer than others. Superman 78 is a great movie, but it looks dated. Batman 89 does not, except where it is supposed to with the older cars, etc. Actually, nostalgia goggles might be why so many still think Superman 78 is so great. ;)

Not at all. Those movies to those that like them still hold up well and since they are in a fantastical setting, are likely to hold up a lot longer than others. Superman 78 is a great movie, but it looks dated. Batman 89 does not, except where it is supposed to with the older cars, etc. Actually, nostalgia goggles might be why so many still think Superman 78 is so great. ;)

Donno about superman. For me, he looks like Comic book Superman.
And that's ALL that matters. The fact that it's Reeve is cool, but that's more like icing on the cake.

For me Comics > film counterparts every time.

oh, and as a follow-up, I'm not saying the burtman films don't hold up well, I'm saying they were terrible then too. But as we were younger, we were better able to overlook it.

And that's ALL that matters. The fact that it's Reeve is cool, but that's more like icing on the cake.

oh, and as a follow-up, I'm not saying the burtman films don't hold up well, I'm saying they were terrible then too. But as we were younger, we were better able to overlook it.

:exactly::goodpost:

Its all each to their own and tbh i was never a Batman fan even as a kid back in the 70's-80's but i was always a Huge Superman fan and became a Batfan with the new Dark knight films.

Lol Ski you always make me chuckle :lol

I wish I didn't hate the '89 Batman movie.

:)

I'm actually fine with hating it. Superman > Batman

The new bat films are cool, i hope the new superman films can relaunch an awesome superhero.

Ok, how is the first Batman terrible? Or even the second? I mean the first two Superman movies are exactly perfect by any means.

Back