1/6 MMS216 - Man of Steel: General Zod Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would be very nice if they just scrapped the HS all together and went with a more neutral sculpt, but I don't think that's very realistic to expect. Hopefully they at least make some tweaks to it here and there and the finished product will look a lot better.

The head sculpt is what's holding me back on this one, a neutral expression would be a 100x better.

I wish I could look at this figure and think the same as what I do with Jor-El and Superman which is how much they look like the actor. As strange as this may sound I do look at pics of this and thing it suits Zod but I just can't see Michael Shannon whatsoever. I think the main problem is how young he looks. He has no age wrinkles or any of his signature spots like in the photos below and like what the Jor-El figure has.

I am not over familiar with HT but is there any chance that they make these drastic changes or do the only make subtle changes? Other than it not looking like Shannon, the suit and other head look fantastic

Whut. I am confused. Regardless of the argument to be made neutral sculpt vs angry one, how does this not look like Shannon?

images

Man-of-Steel-General-Zod-armor-570x415.jpg

I can tell who it's supposed to be, but that doesn't mean it looks exactly like Shannon in my book. Jor-el and Superman are instantly recognizable, Zod isn't as close.

I am willing to bet the headsculpt is going to change for final production. They needed to get it out for Pre-Ordering, I am sure they are still working on his likeness. They usually do.

Now I doubt they will get rid of the angry mouth expression, but I am fine with that. I like it!!!! :)

So as-is, I still love it, the suit is a WORK OF ART!!!! But I'm pretty sure they are still working on the likeness and will look even more like Shannon.

Whut. I am confused. Regardless of the argument to be made neutral sculpt vs angry one, how does this not look like Shannon?

While Shannon's likeness is there, I think the problem with it is it looks like an idealized version of him. Sort of like if someone were to airbrush Shannon and get rid of any imperfections.

That s promotional shot, was used in a lot of magazines and reviews and what not before the movie was released, but I don't think that shot actually made it INTO the movie. So save the passive aggressive attempt at sounding like a smart *** while not answering the question.

Maybe someone whose actually seen the movie recently can confirm? Otherwise its a figure based on a shot that was deleted from the finished film. Which makes a better argument for a neutral expression.

He makes that face when he's breaking off his armor right after he says "Where did you train? On a FARM?!" while they're atop the LexCorp building that's under construction

Last edited:
He makes that face when he's breaking off his armor right after he says "Where did you train? On a FARM?!" while they're stop the LexCorp building that's under construction

Ah ok so it is in there. So its when he's getting his armor off. I'll keep an eye out for it next time I watch the movie. Very quick shot to make a figure from. Hopefully it does come with an extra head.

Ah ok so it is in there. So its when he's getting his armor off. I'll keep an eye out for it next time I watch the movie. Very quick shot to make a figure from. Hopefully it does come with an extra head.

It's more than likely that they chose the expression based on the pic that was posted on the previous page and not b/c it was in the film persay. And to be fair this figure does come with an extra head, just not an extra second unmasked head

It's more than likely that they chose the expression based on the pic that was posted on the previous page and not b/c it was in the film persay. And to be fair this figure does come with an extra head, just not an extra second unmasked head

Yep it was one of the first leaked images ht based its hs on it.
Im not against an angry sculpt, but the teeth are always weird on these.
The Watchmen comedian as cool as it is, suffer from his grining smile i think.
Would love a decided look with closed mouth :)
Might have to go customizer route.
Too bad they did not do an angry hs for superman.

I love this figure the more and more I see it. I can't wait to complete my man of steel collection.

I don't hate the angry sculpt I just think zod was most intimidating when his mouth was shut and his eyes were popping out of his head. That's how I picture hin

That s promotional shot, was used in a lot of magazines and reviews and what not before the movie was released, but I don't think that shot actually made it INTO the movie. So save the passive aggressive attempt at sounding like a smart *** while not answering the question.

Maybe someone whose actually seen the movie recently can confirm? Otherwise its a figure based on a shot that was deleted from the finished film. Which makes a better argument for a neutral expression.

Woah there bud calm your **** its not that serious, and obviously I saw the movie I was just pointing it out incase you missed the posts sheesh.

I think its a cool figure! The likeness is there.... Maybe not a par with Supes or Jor-El, but it is still there!

I think that the eyes are the main reason that this sculpt looks off. They need to make his eyebrows angrier and his eyes crazier IMHO

Back