1/6 MMS216 - Man of Steel: General Zod Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, Kevin Smith is the one who said it looks Lee inspired so who knows. I figure is has to have grey in it for him to say that. Either the Hush look or new 52 still have grey as part of the color scheme. Bermejo would be a good choice. It's kinda like the new Origins suit, which I think works as a more utilitarian look.

Head sculpt tweaked or not this guy is a must own even tho I do beleive they will tweak it a bit. The armor is awesome on its own and im sure his scale will accurate with Superman....surely they wont mess that up lol. Surely the cape will be removable on this guy too?

Head sculpt tweaked or not this guy is a must own even tho I do beleive they will tweak it a bit. The armor is awesome on its own and im sure his scale will accurate with Superman....surely they wont mess that up lol. Surely the cape will be removable on this guy too?

cape is removable judging buy this pic:

zod2.jpg

I think I'd like him him better with the cape if I have the helmeted sculpt on and w/o the cape if I'm sporting the helmetless sculpt

Just seen that this got pushed back until July.

are you sure? I only ask b/c it's original release date was July and SSC changed it to April. Celtic Pred's orginal release was June and SS bumped it up to Jan...I think OSR just hasn't completely updated their list. they only seemed to have pushed up Superman and The Crow.

Seeing how quickly they've released jor-el and supes (where those ahead of schedule? I can't remember), i don't see why zod has to be pushed back to july unless they're having some issues with him.

I Almost want one of these to display with just the helmet head. Though I am a big fan of Shannon, this sculpt is really weird and hurting my desire to PO.

I see what they are trying to do, and it looks like what's in the film, in the sense that if you squint you'd think it's the same person.

but it also just looks forced and crappy. It doesn't look natural. It doesn't look alive like the Superman Sculpt, or the Reeves sculpt.

Last edited:
I Almost want one of these to display with just the helmet head. Though I am a big fan of Shannon, this sculpt is really weird and hurting my desire to PO.

I see what they are trying to do, and it looks like what's in the film, in the sense that if you squint you'd think it's the same person.

but it also just looks forced and crappy. It doesn't look natural. It doesn't look alive like the Superman Sculpt, or the Reeves sculpt.

Uh oh you done it now

Cool. This is a big hobby, with room for everyone. If I don't like a figure, I do not buy it. Kinda like how I am not buying that ridiculous Depp Tonto HT figure. Just sayin'.

With that said, I am still not expecting this figure before July. As I recall, Loki 1 had a really intricate costume, and he got pushed back and pushed back and pushed back yet again. Zod is even worse; I have a really hard time imagining we will see him in April.

We might, but I wouldn't bet a dollar on it.

I've read about the July delay, has there been any explanation as to what specifically pushed this back?

The armor detail on this figure is absolutely stunning (wish we got an armored Jor El) and I've already POd this, but I'm not a huge fan if the sculpt expression either.

Cool. This is a big hobby, with room for everyone. If I don't like a figure, I do not buy it. Kinda like how I am not buying that ridiculous Depp Tonto HT figure. Just sayin'.

Who WOULD buy a johnny Depp Tonto figure?
I'm just sayin'.:monkey4

What's so ridiculous about the figure? Sure you may not like the character design but the figure itself is more accurate in sculpt and costuming right off the bat than many Ht figures. Tonto needs no revisions unlike many HT figures where ppl are praying to the Ht gods hoping that the sculpt will be tweaked.

Who WOULD buy a Johnny Depp Tonto figure?
I'm just sayin'.:monkey4
How about fans of Johnny Depp for one? And ppl who actually liked the movie for two? :huh I'm buying for both reasons

I was going to buy it because I thought the finale was awesome. But anyway never saw the Ranger so I'm not buying it.

Also, regarding the difficulty of Zod's armor: Isn't the armor just plastic? Wouldn't that be easier to replicate than something like Loki's whole outfit?

Back