1/6 MMS216 - Man of Steel: General Zod Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah if I get this one it's going to be wearing the helmet. Not feeling the Michael Shannon head sculpt at all. The armor itself (helmet included) is a work of art though.

I'll be displaying him with the helmet off. I don't feel like he wore the helmet enough in the film to warrant it being used. He may as well be Nam-Ek or any other generic goon at that point.

Yeah I'll be displaying mine without it. The HS needs some tweaking (eyes need to be bigger) but if it doesn't look good in hand I'll use the helmet.

Last edited:
I'm hoping the Shannon sculpt will look better in hand as I'd rather use that than the helmet. But at the moment I think it looks like a caricature, rather than a realistic portrait like Supes and Jor El.

I'll be displaying him with the helmet off. I don't feel like he wore the helmet enough in the film to warrant it being used. He may as well be Nam-Ek or any other generic goon at that point.

He didn't wear it much in the film, but no denying how badass it will look on a shelf.

Hong-Kong_Ani-Com_2013_Hot-Toys_Man-of-Steel_General-Zod.jpg

I don't get why they choose the screen shot they did to get this facial expression. The only time he has that facial expression is when he rips off his armor like in the pic to the right. I think either pic on the left would have been better sculpt choices.

Last edited:
Yeah it makes me think that they have plans for a black suit Zod with a neutral sculpt. If they gave it to us now a lot of people would be content with only one version of Zod and since he didn't make that angry face without the armor, it made more sense to give that one to us instead. I'm pressure sure a black suit Zod is in the works because it can't take much more work. Just a headsculpt and a new emblem. I could see them just resuing Kal-el's body even though that would look bad. Also, I think they're going to announce black suit supes so maybe we'll see them both around the same time. I expect an angry sculpt with a black suit supes because he actually made a lot of angry faces in the movie. More than Zod in fact.

I'll also be displaying mine with the helmet on. Not because I don't like the HS, but because the figure looks truly evil fully armored!!! :rock

Yeah, I'm not displaying it with the helmet on because of the Shannon sculpt, I really just love the full armor look.

Back