New Ghostbusters Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK so,
the CyberMonday craziness will be @ an all time high with these guys...

https://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/ContentTheme/pbPage.News

By Matty
Toy Fans,

Ghostbusters™ fans, you’ve been asking us to show you some Cyber Monday love so we’re doing it downtown style… for the first time, all four 12” figures will be available at the same time − the same four figures whose packages create a mural when placed together!

GB_N6452_Ray.jpg
GB_P4011_Egon.jpg

12" Ray Stantz™ Figure 12" Egon Spengler™ Figure

GB_N6453_Venkman.jpg
GB_R6248_Winston.jpg

12” Peter Venkman™ Figure 12” Winston Zeddemore™ Figure

GB_Mural.jpg

Ghostbusters™ Mini-Mural
The series of 4 figures began with Ray Stantz™ a year ago in October 2009 and was completed in August of this year with the release of Winston Zeddemore™. The mini-mural is original art depicting the rooftop scene from the first film.

Alright, here’s the list of all the products I’ve revealed so far:
MOTUC He-Man®
MOTUC Skeletor®
MOTUC Battle Cat®
JLU Lobo
JLU "Shazam!" Family 4-Pack
JLU Doom Patrol 4-Pack
JLU Legion of Super Heroes 4-Pack
JLU Gotham City Criminals 4-Pack
JLU Justice Guild 4-Pack
12" Ray Stantz™ Figure
12" Egon Spengler™ Figure (with trap)
12” Peter Venkman™ Figure
12” Winston Zeddemore™ Figure
And here again are the sale details:

Sale Starts: Monday November 29th at 9 AM PT
Sale Ends: Sunday, December 5th at 11:59 PM PT
Extra Savings Day: Monday November 29th ONLY save 10% off every order over $100 (excluding taxes and fees)

The next reveal is on Thursday, November 4th. I’ll have four more products to show you − not JLU and not Ghostbusters™. I can’t say exactly what they are, but they are universally loved.

See you back here then!

— Matty

RE-selling these again!?

For less!?

WTF!?

I should have waited. I haven't even opened the boxes yet.
Really? I didn't catch that bit of news. That's a real nice spit in the face of the enthusiastic fans who tried to help that line throughout the year.

Awesome! Glad I waited, looks like it will be a _____ but worth it. Also I gots to have that PKE meter. And Kuzeh, that is a great picture of you with THE man.

It's funny how many times I almost pulled the trigger on a Doom Patrol set b/c I missed them the 1st time around. They were going for $200+ on eBay for awhile. My rule has always been to never pay more than retail for the JLU line and I'm glad I waited. Sucks for the guys that paid $200.

:lol @ people who payed $300 for SPengler.

I didn't pay 300 for Egon, but i don't find it funny that people did, i find it annoying that people keep giving Mattel their business when they pull crap like this...

It wouldn't ba hard for them to say "Hey, next November we will be selling these guys again!", but they don't care, they just rerelease stuff at odd times and so on, yeah it's great they are releasing these again for the folks who missed out...it's just how they go about doing it, it's like the wait to see what ebay prices look like and then resell them when they are at a high.

The only i hope is they don't change things on the new releases...

For instance, molded heads for Ray and Egon or painted Venkman and Winston, Body swap on Ray with the tighter jointed one...seems when Peter came out the body was much better at holding a pose, Winston was even more so.

I also hope they are only sold as a set, so people just don't buy out certain ones, that way it will be fair to people who didn't get these.

I am so glad i am done with Mattel...

M.

Last edited:
I always knew they were coming again, look how they rereleased MOTU.

The key here was they said out of stock, not gone forever. So yea I find it funny people payed $300 for Egon when with the sculpt and paint he was barely worth Mattel's original asking price.

RE-selling these again!?

For less!?

WTF!?

I should have waited. I haven't even opened the boxes yet.

Where does it say it's for less?
You might get the discount, but that's due to the Cyber Monday sale...
I'd rather avoid the site that day... it's always a mess, so can you imagine trying to score something during this sale??... :horror

Awesome! Glad I waited, looks like it will be a _____ but worth it. Also I gots to have that PKE meter. And Kuzeh, that is a great picture of you with THE man.

Good luck with the WSOD!!! :rock!
And yes!!! Stan is awesome!!!:yess:

It's funny how many times I almost pulled the trigger on a Doom Patrol set b/c I missed them the 1st time around. They were going for $200+ on eBay for awhile. My rule has always been to never pay more than retail for the JLU line and I'm glad I waited. Sucks for the guys that paid $200.

Mattel always said that most figures, except for exclusives would eventually be re-released :lecture

:lol @ people who payed $300 for SPengler.
:panic:

I didn't pay 300 for Egon, but i don't find it funny that people did, i find it annoying that people keep giving Mattel their business when they pull crap like this...

It wouldn't ba hard for them to say "Hey, next November we will be selling these guys again!", but they don't care, they just rerelease stuff at odd times and so on, yeah it's great they are releasing these again for the folks who missed out...it's just how they go about doing it, it's like the wait to see what ebay prices look like and then resell them when they are at a high.

The only i hope is they don't change things on the new releases...

For instance, molded heads for Ray and Egon or painted Venkman and Winston, Body swap on Ray with the tighter jointed one...seems when Peter came out the body was much better at holding a pose, Winston was even more so.

I also hope they are only sold as a set, so people just don't buy out certain ones, that way it will be fair to people who didn't get these.

I am so glad i am done with Mattel...

M.
Wow... why so upset? Mattel said repeatedly that most figures would be re-released... since pretty much day one... :dunno
Mattel doesn't benefit from Ebay at all... the market pretty much dictates that... but yes, they do have a weird way of making releases limited, but if somebody is paying $300.00 for a $30.00 figure, you can't blame Mattel for that... :cuckoo:

And these re-releases could be just Customer Service lots... even if they are re-releases, they won't change a thing on them... at least nothing noticeable...

I always knew they were coming again, look how they rereleased MOTU.

The key here was they said out of stock, not gone forever. So yea I find it funny people payed $300 for Egon when with the sculpt and paint he was barely worth Mattel's original asking price.
:goodpost:

Dang. Should have sold while the market was good for it. . .if only I could have seen the future. Of course, we don't know how many of these will be released on Cyber Monday.

I wasn't so sure about these, because I figured the production cost was high. Plus, they initially didn't sell out all that quickly like MOTUC do. But anyway, I'm glad because I missed Venkman for some reason.

Yeah, I hafta agree. Ray took so long to be "out of stock" most companies would have probably pulled the plug by the second figure b/c of high production costs. But Mattel has Barbie/He-Man/Hot Wheels dollar bills, so they can poop out exclusive turds and laugh all the way to the bank.

The press release makes it sound to me like they're selling the 4 as a set. Does anyone know if they're going to be sold individually or as a set?

Back