NEW HT PREDATOR, 'Dutch' full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Messin' around a bit with these pics.... Starting to make my custom Dillon using HT Apollo Creed. Nowhere near done, I'm still waiting on accessories and uniform plus I need to send out the head for a repaint. I just used what I had around for the moment. But here he is for now and to keep Dutch Company....

If I knew beyond a doubt that Hot Toys weren't going to do any more of the team I'd consider buying the Apollo Creed figure to try this myself. Word of advice though - lose the sunglasses on Dutch. They make his head look really small :horror

If I knew beyond a doubt that Hot Toys weren't going to do any more of the team I'd consider buying the Apollo Creed figure to try this myself. Word of advice though - lose the sunglasses on Dutch. They make his head look really small :horror

Point Taken:D

I'm guessing Billy's gloves are just rehashed from some other HT figure, they should be black to match the film.

Billy_gloves.jpg

Sorry about this. This doesn't really matter at all, but I was just watching the film and remembered what you posted.
Aren't those gloves green or maybe a little grayish? If his gloves look black then maybe you need to adjust something :) HTs coloring is just a little bright...

...Y'know...call me insane but the process of having to bother my arse sending back my defective figure and waiting on a replacement from Hot Toys is really not appealling to me. What if the one they send back to me has its paint scratched or rubbed to a shine? What if they neglect to send back an item of clothing or minus a knife holster? What if a take it out of the box and a leg joint snaps?

These thoughts are leading me onto another idea, which I think Wookster already suggested to me - what if I keep my current 2 left arm figure as an.."expendable asset"! To maybe use its muscle body for a future custom? Maybe Terminator, maybe Dutch. To keep the figure's head in case it ends up being the better example out of the 2 (or 3*) of this figure that I'm getting.

*my plan would entail getting a 3rd Dutch - one that isn't defective so as I can proceed with my original plan of having one figure fully clothed and one with just the ammo vest.

I know its letting Hot toys away with it (and me spending even more money) but I think theres an insane logic to this idea.

So what are the chances HT makes some of the other guys??? Or is Dutch and Billy going to be it?

You're sending your figure back via Toys2 right?

I can understand your concerns, but honestly, if by some weird reason, your figure is missing an item or something, Toys2 will track it down for you.

And your concerns about your replacement should be the same for your 3rd figure, you could get one with bad paint apps or something that you can't swap with this broken one and you'll be stuck again.

It's a pain, but I say just follow through the return process, it'll save you money and you should come out fine.

2 points on looking at these pics - I'm glad to see his real collar did stick up quite a bit so the figure is actually accurate in that respect. Secondly, its a pity we didn't get that shirt, especially since we didn't get the likeness.

I think the lack of shirt is simple. It can be a ^^^^^ taking shirts off the muscle body Billy's on, so they opted not to include it and just have him in his later look.

Hopefully Hot Toys will implement the separate shoulder method from the Dutch body into the body like Billy and previous Rambos have used.

You're sending your figure back via Toys2 right?

I can understand your concerns, but honestly, if by some weird reason, your figure is missing an item or something, Toys2 will track it down for you.

And your concerns about your replacement should be the same for your 3rd figure, you could get one with bad paint apps or something that you can't swap with this broken one and you'll be stuck again.

It's a pain, but I say just follow through the return process, it'll save you money and you should come out fine.

No actually Toys2 gave me an address to send it to. I'm to send it as a loose figure minus the loose accessories or original packaging. And whatever I send back Hot Toys are supposed to return exact corresponding items (only with a right arm this time). So Toys2 wouldn't have any hand in it nor would my replacement figure have the security of a normal Hot Toys box. I dunno how they'd package it.

As for worrying that maybe my third purchased figure would have bad paint apps - all I have to worry about there is the head and I'd already have a spare. Clothes would be swappable as would weapons if anything was defective there.

The only disaster situation I guess would be if I somehow managed to get the rogue Dutch figure out there that must have 2 right arms! Or if a joint arrived broken on the new one. But I'm not that unlucky.

The main negative is that its extra expenditure I wasn't planning.

Just got mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2 so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OOMG!!!!!!!!!!! i cant stop crying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back