NEW HT PREDATOR, 'Dutch' full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hell to the Yes. Here's a comparison pic of your mod with Tyler's:

headmod.jpg

You can see how much better the head looks on yours (and I thought Tyler's mod was fantastic so that's saying something). Definite improvement. Great job man! I'd suggest you save yourself the trouble and post up a "how-to" before you get killed with messages/pms. :lol
This looks great from what i can see on my phone. Ill have to check it out properly when i get home.

Its disappointing that Hot Toys got that so wrong. Not that they've never made this error before (was looking at pics of Rocky IV Ivan Drago) but surely an abnormally long neck is something easy to notice. Maulfan said it - no real human has a gap that big from the hollow between the 2 collar bones and where your face starts!

Was it just because they were trying to compensate for the fact that he is otherwise too short? With this mod, even though he'll proportionally be more realistic - it'll also turn him into the runt of the Predator special forces squad! Arnold Schwarzennegger! He'll be best displayed standing alone in a Dutchesque pose. We'll have to keep him away from Hawkins or it'll be embarrassing.

Last edited:
Yeah i agree i think people are getting a bit too carried away with the length of arnies neck(myself included). Obviously his neck supllied with the factory version is too long but its important not to make it too far down either i.e turning him into a midget. Im going to try and have a happy medium as he clearly has a neck! as illustrated by the below shots from predator

neck2.jpg

arnieneck.jpg

here's my Dutch. I'm really liking the new muscle body with the separate arms.
Thank you HT for making the best Arnie figure ever! :rock

SL732126.jpg

SL732127.jpg

Arnie looks so cool during that whole scene! I love the way that the rest of the team show up when Mac loses his cool and starts to de-forest the jungle with lead - not one of them says a word (like 'what the hell are you shooting at? what did you see?!?), they all just start laying down the fire! Continuous shooting for at least 1 minute 'nade launchers and all. Love it.

Shaun (Maulfan), you are gonna have a ball!

Thanks man, and nice images of Billy's face, I actually can see some Sonny in the sculpt in your images, a good repaint could probably make him look just right. Am I right in assuming there's no skin texture, just a very basic portrait, looks that way. I should have Dutch and the Predator in a couple weeks.

As for the neck mods. It seems like calvarenga's and tyler's are pretty much the same end result give or take, just different paths.

Calvarenga's is to shorten how high the ball joint is so the head goes further down on the neck, Tyler's is to deepen how far the exsiting ball joint goes into the head.

Too bad Calvarenga's requires an uncommon neck adapter to achieve because I like the result.

here's my Dutch. I'm really liking the new muscle body with the separate arms.
Thank you HT for making the best Arnie figure ever! :rock

SL732126.jpg

SL732127.jpg

Whatever you did looks like it falls between the other two mods, shorter but not too short. Which method did you use?

Whatever you did looks like it falls between the other two mods, shorter but not too short. Which method did you use?

I used the cutting the socket in the head method. I put the hair dryer on the head for a few minutes to soften the head and got a pair of needle nose pliers and pulled the socket out. there was not much glue holding it in.
then just cut a bit away at a time until I was happy with the results.

pulling the socket out
SL732164.jpg

the bits I cut away. THE SOCKET IS THE LARGER PIECE AT THE BACK.
SL732163.jpg

the socket sits deeper into the head. you can see the line in the head where it used to come to.
SL732166.jpg

finished Dutch :D
SL732128.jpg

Last edited:
I used the cutting the socket in the head method. I put the hair dryer on the head for a few minutes to soften the head and got a pair of needle nose pliers and pulled the socket out. there was not much glue holding it in.
then just cut a bit away at a time until I was happy with the results.

pulling the socket out
SL732164.jpg

the bits I cut away
SL732163.jpg

the socket sits deeper into the head. you can see the line in the head where it used to come to.
SL732166.jpg

finished Dutch :D
SL732128.jpg

Thanks dude!! Great tutorial!!!

Thanks man, and nice images of Billy's face, I actually can see some Sonny in the sculpt in your images, a good repaint could probably make him look just right. Am I right in assuming there's no skin texture, just a very basic portrait, looks that way. I should have Dutch and the Predator in a couple weeks.

As for the neck mods. It seems like calvarenga's and tyler's are pretty much the same end result give or take, just different paths.

Calvarenga's is to shorten how high the ball joint is so the head goes further down on the neck, Tyler's is to deepen how far the exsiting ball joint goes into the head.

Too bad Calvarenga's requires an uncommon neck adapter to achieve because I like the result.

Yep, Billy's skin is smooth a baby's arse. I keep thinking there is quite a bit of Sonny in the sculpt, but it must just be association to the character, because in all truth it doesn't really look much like him much at all.
I have to admit I don't feel the need to mod the neck, if I was gonna display sans shirt then I'd be tempted, but the jacket is so nice I don't wanna leave it off. In fact I'm tempted to stick him on a regular TT, the muscle bod looks amazing, but like HB it does hamper your posing options a lot.

Back