Official 1/6th Darth Vader Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sideshow 1/6 Darth Vader

I imagine they used Vaderkin simply as the tie between Anakin Skywalker and Darth Vader, and since they didn't show any of the figure itself, it give some substance to the visual.

Clever way to do it. I'm a little surprised to see him announced like this, but at the same time, I'm not surprised that the tease was beyond minimal. Basically, it's a text tease, there's no snippet of a photo and I expected not to see him yet.

Oh, he's back there, menacing and mean... and that's the actual figure. Unfortunately, the graphics team foiled any plans to lighten the image for closer inspection :cool: Gotta wait for the *official* go-ahead ;)

Can't answer any detailed questions at this time, but I'll just say that I'm pretty sure you'll be pleased with the outcome :)

(could we possibly merge all the Vader threads now?)

PPO or inclusive?

I'd say PPO, as popular as this will be, the expense to them will probably make them not want to risk getting stuck with extras like Maul and Jabba. The inclusive is a nice idea but with the freedom it offers, I think a lot of people ordered care free and when time came to pay up, they backed of and SSC got left with product they couldn't move. I don't think Vader would be like Maul and Jabba, but still, it is something that has to be weighed when making the choice.

Oh, he's back there, menacing and mean... and that's the actual figure. Unfortunately, the graphics team foiled any plans to lighten the image for closer inspection :cool: Gotta wait for the *official* go-ahead ;)

Can't answer any detailed questions at this time, but I'll just say that I'm pretty sure you'll be pleased with the outcome :)

Okay you guys, get to work, lighten that image up. Oops, didn't read this well enough, sounds like we have been foiled.

Any chance that it's a "all inclusive Vader" with interchangeable parts so you can create any version that you wish? I'd pay a bit extra for that.

You guys knew I'd be hitting photoshop didn't you :lol

Any chance that it's a "all inclusive Vader" with interchangeable parts so you can create any version that you wish? I'd pay a bit extra for that.

No, absolutely not. I would HATE that idea. Way too many things could go wrong.

No I think inclusive, even if they are left with a bunch of canceled orders, this is Vader he will sell through eventually, he is not some secondary Character like Maul (yes I said it), and Jabba.

If they didn't do it with Indy, I doubt they will with Vader.

That would be awesome. The changes are so minor, just slight helmet variations, ANH had the tabbards over the armor, maybe lightsaber differences and sculpt change. But for the most part, it's the same look throughout.

I Hope it is the ROTS, because it is the most complete and refinded version of the suit in any of the movies! Even if it was only seen for 30 seconds...

And it's about time!

Holy schit, the world is going to EXPLODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just hope whatever one it is, all the details are there so that it is unique. The helmet shape for ROTS, Widows peak and the way the saber hangs for ANH ect.

won't have light-up saber, metal parts or a light-up chest box but I'll still buy it, can't wait!

I through out the idea of 1 Vader to be them all long ago and most people were against it because they didn't want every version and didn't want their only option to be spending more than they'd like for stuff they didn't want, and that's very rational, so I doubt SSC would do it, though it'd be great if they gave both options, an all in 1 for those who want all the options and to pay, or individuals for those who only want a look or two.

No I think inclusive, even if they are left with a bunch of canceled orders, this is Vader he will sell through eventually, he is not some secondary Character like Maul (yes I said it), and Jabba.

I think SSC learned their lesson that PPO's generate more excitement and interest than the inclusive system. They'll make plenty of regular Vaders to go around, but I'm certain there'll be a limited PPO exclusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back