Official 1/6th Darth Vader Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sideshow 1/6 Darth Vader

Some will be happy, some will be mad...but I know I would be in the Mad camp. 3-4 yr wait to get a ROTS Vader :monkey4:monkey4 it has to be an OT one :monkey5

This is just hilarous to me. We get that much closer to a figure we've all wanted and we're already finding things to ^^^^^ about it. Why it might be this version and not that version. Ask yourselves why would Sideshow blow thier wad with the one version they know the majority of collectors would buy, i.e. the OT version (preferably ep4) and not pace themselves for the long term sales. I think the smart thing to do is not offer the preferred McGuffin right away and rope in all the impulse buyers like myself who could justify purchasing each version! Even better to rope in those sorry suckers who belive this may be the only version of Vader from Sideshow that they ever get...

now I'll buy that for a dollar!

So sure, I hope its the Ep3 version! We should all show our collective resolve and refrain from purchasing it just to show our collective disapproval......

Yeah, good luck with that!

Damn those greedy Sideshow bastards for not catering to exactly what we want no matter how often we change our minds. I mean trying to "grow" the business, thats just crazy.

Ask yourselves why would Sideshow blow thier wad with the one version they know the majority of collectors would buy, i.e. the OT version (preferably ep4) and not pace themselves for the long term sales.

Good lord, you're asking for the patience of Job. No way they can drag this on ad naseum. FOUR YEARS is more than long enough to wait for the Vader that people want. I for one am not keen to wait until 2014 or so for an ANH Vader figure.

Re: Star Wars 'Teaser' 5/15

I can't believe I started this thread this morning and this was what happened. I didn't find out until after 9pm. :confused:

Anyway...

:bunnydanc:bunnydanc:bunnydanc:bunnydanc:bunnydanc

...:vader

We finally get our Armored Darth Vader. And some of you want small Exclusive edition sizes. How selfish and rude is that? I hope Sideshow does an Inclusive with a week-long window.

I could care less how large the ES size is. I'm more interested in the version, overall quality, and the price.

this one will break the $100 barrier for single figures in the line. $109.99 is my guess.

Good lord, you're asking for the patience of Job. No way they can drag this on ad naseum. FOUR YEARS is more than long enough to wait for the Vader that people want.

And you know what, it'll happen.

The Vader YOU want, I mean. Try to think of it this way, let them work out the kinks on a version of Vader that collectors won't be nearly as critical of as they would be of an OT Vader "New Hope"!

Not to say I won't be critical of any version they release, but I believe thats the reason we've been made to suffer this long!

However, this is all speculation. Here we are getting into a tizzy over the briefest of silouettes. I guess Sideshow achieved what they intended!

We finally get our Armored Darth Vader. And some of you want small Exclusive edition sizes. How selfish and rude is that? I hope Sideshow does an Inclusive with a week-long window.

Only one I care about an ed. size for is ANH and that's only so it continues a set of exclusives with sizes of 1977. For ESB, ROTJ and ROTS I could care less.

Only one I care about an ed. size for is ANH and that's only so it continues a set of exclusives with sizes of 1977. For ESB, ROTJ and ROTS I could care less.

I don't even think I could tell you what ANY of the differences are in the costumes (other than the removable helmet in Jedi) so I guess I don't care which version it is.

let them work out the kinks on a version of Vader that collectors won't be nearly as critical of as they would be of an OT Vader "New Hope"!
Work out the kinks? Men have made mile-high skyscrapers and figured out how to send people into orbit in as much time as its taken Sideshow to produce their first 1:6 Darth Vader figure.

And make no mistake... There will be NO excuses for this piece. We've known that for a while, and Sideshow themselves cemented that with their "perfection takes time" mantra.

They should be more than capable of making an awesome ANH Vader... and doing so NOW.

True, but Sideshow did unveil Clone General Obi-Wan with armor on a new body for $90 at the same exact time they announced the Medicom EP2 Clone for $150. :lecture

Great point, were finally getting a Vader:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana

I don't even think I could tell you what ANY of the differences are in the costumes (other than the removable helmet in Jedi) so I guess I don't care which version it is.

Really? Not even between ANH and ROTJ?

Working out the kinks? Men have made mile-high skyscrapers and figured out how to send people into orbit in as much time as its taken Sideshow to produce their first 1:6 Darth Vader figure.

There will be NO excuses on this piece. We've known that for a while, and Sideshow themselves cemented that with their "perfection takes time" mantra.

Well, hey at least we can tell he's taller right!?!

....and I think his cape is black.

....or is it blue???

He definitely is a lot taller, by the judge of the glint in the very slight preview pic he is 14 inches tall!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back