Official 1/6th Darth Vader Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah. I even got a shipping notice this very minute. How awesome is that?

They are a lot of differences between each version, but an ultimate rendition if just fine. I don't mind! As long as it looks great! It's going to be hard for Sideshow to top Medicom's quality though, and I'm thinking this figure will be at least $100.00.
I really hope it has a removable helmet, I really hate to have to swap heads.
And I hope it comes with lots and lots of hands!

Now the question is...should I keep my Medi Vader?...I'll wait until I have both in hand.
:lightnin:vader:lightnin

I've already got Vader in hand, I'll be flipping it soon. Although it might take me a year or so to get it shipped :monkey3

oh i admit it i am late. but still excited by the news.i really thought i was going to cut back on the collecting this year. i guess that will happen in 2009.
Darth vader had risen

No. I wouldn't expect any 12" plastic figure to have lights. PF's on the other hand are a different story (which is why I'm so pissed about Asajj not lighting up)

Why not? Hasbro made a small 3" R2-D2 action figure with lights, not to talk about the cool Tomy remote controlled astromechs. It's not impossible and not even that expensive.

Why not? Hasbro made a small 3" R2-D2 action figure with lights, not to talk about the cool Tomy remote controlled astromechs. It's not impossible and not even that expensive.

Hot Toys 1/6th Terminator figures have light up eyes and full articulation.

Hot Toys 1/6th Terminator figures have light up eyes and full articulation.

Hot Toys ALIEN Kane and Dallas figures have lightup packs similar to the kind of lights Vader has as well as lights in their helmets. If they got HT's help or whatever, it can be done and work very well. It'd be awesome if the got it so the chest box red lights would randomly light and not just be on all the time too.

I won't expefct this to have lightup features either. If it did I think the teaser would have been the opportunity to tout that.

I am hell-a-excited for this though, whatever version. :rock

I thinkthe Artoo to come with the 'Padme companion accessories' for those long months Anakin was away at war.

I really don't care about the light-up features. If they are there...OK...if they are not, I won't think twice about them.

The articulation really isn't an issue either. His range of motion in the movies was obviously hampered by the costume. So the buck body would be fine. But I am guessing that he will be on a tall version of the new armored figure mannequin.

The articulation really isn't an issue either. His range of motion in the movies was obviously hampered by the costume. So the buck body would be fine. But I am guessing that he will be on a tall version of the new armored figure mannequin.

For the types of poses that'd be good for Vader, the Buck wouldn't do. I have the Big Boy for the T-800 and the arms are week, unless you have them holding something together, they don't like to stay up, so it would hinder the Vader fists in the air like in ESB pose or Force choke poses and such. Plus the neck on the Buck Big Boy has less articulation than the standard Bucks :google, and I want to be able to pose the head around. Should definitely be on a new body, but I'd be surprised if it's the armor body, probably a tall variant of Prometheus or a third body just for him and like a Sauron figure for LOTR, I know Sauron is much bigger than Darth but odds are to get him in the 1/6 LOTR line this would be the best bet.

If it's ANH VADER, which I believe it will be, then a "light-up" chest box is mute as he didn't have that in ANH. Maybe, maybe they'd do the belt boxes, but I doubt that. Yet another reason for SS to make ANH first -- less lights.

Also, HT Termie and the Nostromo guys are like $150. If SS charges that, then yeah we maybe could get lights. But I think the SS price will be $119.99 or less. Higher than that and you do want some extras.

I would think a larger version of one of the new bodies will be used. I don't care which one as long as the overall figure comes out looking just amazing. I can live without the light up features as well since that could drive the price up even more than it will be.

I would think a larger version of one of the new bodies will be used. I don't care which one as long as the overall figure comes out looking just amazing. I can live without the light up features as well since that could drive the price up even more than it will be.

SS might just use the old "Jaws" body from the Bond line. It's about 13" tall. Maybe add some padding underneath to fill him out (like they did with Oddjob).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back