Official 1/6th Darth Vader Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, it's months...WHY IS IT SO LONG???

That's what she said.

18795937.jpg

Yup, would really help folks like Josh, Mikey, Les, etc.

I almost did it. I almost started it. I had the comment made. I was about to click on "submit reply". But this is a joyous occasion and so i shall not spoil it.:naughty

Sorry, small rant on the way, bear in mind I consider myself a collector of all the most relevant figures on the market and I have a ton Of SST figures both old and new, and like you guys I do get excited by new announcements, but that link shows NOTHING, c'mon SST show me da money, is this JUST to prove they are working on it... of course they are fracking working on it, they've been working on it since they got the freaking licence and here we are nearly three years down the line and THIS IS WHAT THEY SHOW US!

I'm not bashing them by the way, I actually seriously, think this will be be an amazing figure, but stop pissing us about, stealth marketing is for those with no faith in their product... SHOW US YOUR PRODUCT NOW, and if it ain't ready wait till it is!

Sorry, small rant on the way, bear in mind I consider myself a collector of all the most relevant figures on the market and I have a ton Of SST figures both old and new, and like you guys I do get excited by new announcements, but that link shows NOTHING, c'mon SST show me da money, is this JUST to prove they are working on it... of course they are fracking working on it, they've been working on it since they got the freaking licence and here we are nearly three years down the line and THIS IS WHAT THEY SHOW US!

I'm not bashing them by the way, I actually seriously, think this will be be an amazing figure, but stop pissing us about, stealth marketing is for those with no faith in their product... SHOW US YOUR PRODUCT NOW, and if it ain't ready wait till it is!

Here is what you need to be paying attention to:

It’s no Jedi mind trick - this really is a (very) sneak peek at Sideshow Collectibles’ long-awaited Darth Vader 1:6 scale figure! The Sith Lord is currently in development at Sideshow, and is one of our most active high-priority projects. A Sideshow ’spec ops’ development team lead by staff artist Jared Chapman is working closely with sculptor Hernan Alé to breathe new life into Darth Vader. Details on the Darth Vader figure are as tightly guarded as the Death Star plans, so go ahead and dispatch your Bothan spies, or keep an eye on the newsletter and SideshowCollectibles.com for news and updates and the opportunity to pre-order your Darth Vader figure in the next few months, as soon as he’s ready for his debut! (Click the ‘Play’ button on the video player below to view our teaser.)

Now, this has to be taken with a grain of salt, but I think we can at least hope for a shot of the prototype by around SDCC.

Valid points Wookster, but at least from posting, I'm not sure how much you frequent the Star Wars section here, but literally every figure since like the 5th one Sideshow made in this line causes people to ^^^^^ "Where's Vader?" and "^^^^ _____ they shouldn't make anyone else until they make Vader!" and crap like that. My guess is, SSC wants to do a special unveiling of him, and rightly so, but wanted to throw something out there to shut people up and ease their minds that yes we've been working on this and he's real close because there have also been people who wholeheartedly felt SSC hasn't been working on him and didn't even have intention of doing so.

This tease was not geared towards the broad Sideshow market, it was aimed at the vocal ones who'd voiced great doubt that Sideshow would ever come through with a Vader.

Actually you're right, I just tend to dip in now and then. If a figure doesn't interest me I'm in once, then out for the duration (a la Praji). The last two SW figs I got were Leia/Boushh (sic) and Old Ben, a friend has reserved a ep IV Han, but I'm still not convinced about him. And knowing he'll come on the old Buck is enough to put me off.

I think this was done to drown out the negative publicity that Aayla Secura is getting lately. :monkey3
I'd rather have an early Vader teaser then no announcement at all.

Actually you're right, I just tend to dip in now and then. If a figure doesn't interest me I'm in once, then out for the duration (a la Praji). The last two SW figs I got were Leia/Boushh (sic) and Old Ben, a friend has reserved a ep IV Han, but I'm still not convinced about him. And knowing he'll come on the old Buck is enough to put me off.

Well, you're wise to stay clear of here sometimes :lol, but I'm sure Sideshow is abundantly aware of the state of the collectors nation and just wanted to give a glimpse of light to let people know there is an end to the tunnel.

from the small glimpse in the video he looks to be pretty massive - close to 13" or so? should look pretty sweet. i love my medi vader but don't know what to do with him now - may have to sell him to finance the SS one. depending on what the SS one is like. but i'm liking the huge factor so far.

I can not wait to get Vader, this had better be an inclusive edition. I think ESB may be the way to go with the first Vader. Imagine if they debuted Bespin Leia Lando Vader Stormtroopers and Boba Fett at SDCC. It would be amazing.

I don't care which Vader really, so long as it looks good! I can't see why they wouldn't make this inclusive; Maul was, and Vader is the one everyone wants.

I wonder will he comes with any accessories? Perhaps a mouse Droid?

Sure, why not...

Why does everyone want this to be an inclusive edition? I really don't know, I ordered Maul from a different retailer, so I've forgotten the whole shabang...

Sure, why not...

Why does everyone want this to be an inclusive edition? I really don't know, I ordered Maul from a different retailer, so I've forgotten the whole shabang...

Ok - with the inclusive - there was no exclusive or regular - there was only one version. So everyone that wanted one could get one, and with ALL the accessories

Depending on what the exclusive accessory is I could fall either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back