Official 1/6th Darth Vader Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
as long as i get the one with the extras, I'm happy :) inclusive, exclusive, whichever. :)

My guess?
first vader will be ROTS, and will be inclusive.
ANH will be second, with an exclusive size of 1977
ESB third, with an edition size of 1980
and ROTJ will be last with an edition size of 1983

this way, EVERYONE gets a shot at the first vader (remember the 9 min sellout on general kenobi, Just becuase he was the "first armored fig" according to some?) that wants it, And the rest of the vaders will hold to the smaller edition sizes after the Feeding frenzy is over.

could be wrong, but if were running sideshow it's what i would do.

All i know is i'm getting every vader that's released. He's my favourite character! :chew:chew:chew

Maybe the exclusive can be the fruit and knife he used to feed Padme during their joyous romance on Naboo.:peace:peace:peace:peace

My guess?
first vader will be ROTS, and will be inclusive.
Doing a ROTS Vader as an Inclusive would be dumb since that is the version people want least.

And I'll go on record right now: I'll be f'in pissed if we've waited all this time and the first Vader is the stupid ROTS one. :tap

I woudn't mind. I had it resolved in my mind long ago that the first Vader would either be ANH (the easiest Vader) or ROTS (the best one to dip their toes in with, as the helmet will be the most challenging bit of engineering).

Actually, a ROTJ reveal helmet would be a bit more challenging to engineer, since for it to be completely screen-accurate it would have to be fully sculpted first and couldn't "cheat" by being mathematically symmetrical like the poopy ROTS helmet.

:lecture

I could see a ROTS SSC Vader not having the reveal feture. While yes Medicom did it, but only because they already had a reveal helmet from the ROTJ version, to me, it's not a necessity for that figure. Seeing Anakin's charred face just before the helmet went on was neat but not meaningful. Seeing Luke pull the faceplate of Darth Vader away to see his father as he really is for a few moments before his death was one of the most powerful moments in the saga to me.

ROTS Reveal - Not Necessary
ROTJ Reveal - VERY Necessary

See, I'm gonna have to disagree... because I think in ROTS he is actually still more Anakin than Vader and thus it would be important (for me, anyway) to see Anakin/Hayden under the mask.

That said, I hope they make at least 2 other Vader figures before ROTS.

but that's why i would exdpect a ROTS vader first, he's wanted least, but people will get him just becuase he's the only sideshow vader. not to mention peoplr getting him to customize their favorite move version of vader. No, I realy, truly expect a ROTS vader first.

I'll admit, if they do ROTS first, I'll be one who buys it simply because it's the first one available and there's no telling when the next one will come, same would go for ESB really, ANH and ROTJ are the renditions I want them to make, but a large scale, accurrate, high end Vader is very desirable and Hasbro WILL NOT do anymore since I got my Medi Vader.

but that's why i would exdpect a ROTS vader first, he's wanted least, but people will get him just becuase he's the only sideshow vader.

That is assuming a whole lot. The first of which is whether Sideshow will even have the license long enough to produce all 4 Vaders.

Some of you guys act as if Sideshow will be making SW 12" figures in perpetuity. That's just not realistic. Three years is more than long enough to not have to settle for the 4th best of 4 options.

And if this is the ROTS Vader I will be posting that Bill O'Reilly "F' It!" image non-stop for a week.

peoplr getting him to customize their favorite move version of vader

I'm sure that'll happen, but it won't be easy. In ROTS, the chest and shoulder armor were one piece and the shoulder parts were styled a bit differently from the previous ones.

And think of it this way, if the do a ESB or ROTJ first, how many of you are gonna get ROTS once you've got your fav vader?

And think of it this way, if the do a ESB or ROTJ first, how many of you are gonna get ROTS once you've got your fav vader?

It may seem blasphemous, but I don't see a need really to ever do ROTS Vader figure. Most fans favor the OT suits, and that alone gives you 3 variations, more than enough to make some good sales.

That is assuming a whole lot. The first of which is whether Sideshow will even have the license long enough to produce all 4 Vaders.

Some of you guys act as if Sideshow will be making SW 12" figures in perpetuity. That's just not realistic. Three years is LONG ENOUGH to not have to settle for the 4th best of 4 options.

And if this is the ROTS Vader I will be posting that Bill O'Reilly "F' It!" image non-stop for a week.

you really think they won't?
meh, i don't care which one, or ones they do, i'll get one of each.

It may seem blasphemous, but I don't see a need really to ever do ROTS Vader figure. Most fans favor the OT suits, and that alone gives you 3 variations, more than enough to make some good sales.

Agreed.

And, again, at this rate it is mighty presumptuous to believe that Sideshow will be making all 4 Vaders in the first place.

Personally, I don't care for suppositions. Just give me ANH Vader. And NOW.

What if SSC is offering an alternate revealed head as the exclusive item, then we did be seeing ROTS and ROTJ Vader all at once.

I think you have to remember that SSC is first and foremost comprised of fans. I think they'll put out the Vader that excited the majority of them the most. I'd like to see ROTJ. I think that's the most "bang for your buck" so to speak, with more head and hand options. If I had to venture a guess, though: I think we'll see the ANH Vader first. The line has been ANH-centric, and while he may not be my favorite version, he is the most iconic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back