Official 1/6th Darth Vader Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you have to remember that SSC is first and foremost comprised of fans. I think they'll put out the Vader that excited the majority of them the most. I'd like to see ROTJ. I think that's the most "bang for your buck" so to speak, with more head and hand options. If I had to venture a guess, though: I think we'll see the ANH Vader first. The line has been ANH-centric, and while he may not be my favorite version, he is the most iconic.

I agree and I hope you are right.

Agreed.

And, again, at this rate it is mighty presumptuous to believe that Sideshow will be making all 4 Vaders in the first place.

Personally, I don't care for suppositions. Just give me ANH Vader. And NOW.

I agree, I have a feeling they won't make all 4. My hope is for ANH and ROTJ, and I think it's a safe bet they'll make at least 2. My guess is, they either do an all in 1 Ultimate figure or 2 different ones but not every suit. ANH is a must because it's the iconic first glimpse of the Dark Lord that most collectors of this line had (I'm sure some may have seen ROTS before ANH). After that, my feeling and hope is ROTJ because the reveal feature is a good creative challenge and again, my belief is that of the 2 reveal options, ROTJ is the more popular and more powerful, plus I'd like to see Shaw get his portrait immortalized in figure form properly.

What if SSC is offering an alternate revealed head as the exclusive item, then we did be seeing ROTS and ROTJ Vader all at once.

I like what you're thinking, but the armor is very different. They're hard-core fans at Sideshow, so I don't think they'd make that oversight.

I like what you're thinking, but the armor is very different. They're hard-core fans at Sideshow, so I don't think they'd make that oversight.

That'd be like throwing a guy into the ocean in the middle of a circle of frenzied Great Whites :lol

Now that I think on it, there aren't a lot of major difference between ESB and ROTJ. Nothing really comes to mind except that the saber hilt is slightly different, and that the mask separates differently. I think those differences are minute at best, but feel free to disagree (with back-up pics, please).

Except for the panel on Vader's Chest, not sure if I am right to say that the rest of the suit is pretty much the same for the two versions of Vader.

Except for the panel on Vader's Chest, not sure if I am right to say that the rest of the suit is pretty much the same for the two versions of Vader.

I don't even know about the panel differences, but the chest/shoulder armor is the big difference between the two that I know.

There is the symetrical, non-symetrical helmet issue, but not sure if that'll ever translate in 1/6, whatever process they use to make one Vader figure helmet will be the same for others so that subtle difference may never come through in a figure.

Between ROTJ and ROTS? The mask on ROTS is smaller, sleeker, with a noticeably large flare at the neck. Also the shoulder armor cuts flush with the chest armor, making it look like all one piece. And of course, the hilt. THe differences are noticeable enough for me that they warrant two separate figures. Take a look at the medicoms. You can really tell with those.

I think a poll about whether a we all want a reveal vader or separate interchangeable separate heads.

Reveal's the only way to do it for me, half the coolness of being able to reveal Anakin's portrait is removing the pieces like Luke did in ROTJ.

Ditto for me. I know there are a few (The Josh) who don't want a 3 piece reveal helmet. :monkey2

Ditto for me. I know there are a few (The Josh) who don't want a 3 piece reveal helmet. :monkey2

Well I think Josh wants it but has concerns about the size of the head of Anakin beneath or how big the Vader helmet would look. I find Hasbro's Vader reveal was in scale both helmet and Anakin's head, so I don't see why SSC couldn't pull it off.

But didn't SS say that a fully removeable helmet wouldn't work because the scale of the helmet would have to be too large to fit over the sculpt underneath?

Isn't that why they introduced the interchangeable heads like on Boushh?

It would be a little odd to have a masked head, then a separate Anakin reveal head...but that might be the way they go.

In fact a third portrait -- Vader mask with dome off seeing the back of his head -- could be the exclusive...although anything exclusive with Vader is gonna make many people jealous unless it's INCLUSIVE PPO.

But didn't SS say that a fully removeable helmet wouldn't work because the scale of the helmet would have to be too large to fit over the sculpt underneath?

Isn't that why they introduced the interchangeable heads like on Boushh?

It would be a little odd to have a masked head, then a separate Anakin reveal head...but that might be the way they go.

In fact a third portrait -- Vader mask with dome off seeing the back of his head -- could be the exclusive...although anything exclusive with Vader is gonna make many people jealous unless it's INCLUSIVE PPO.

Well, SS did say that, however, Boushh is different from Vader. I think when they commented that helmets would have to be too large, it was because to put a helmet over Leia's portrait as it is with Boushh would be too large with her hair as it is, which makes senses, you can't flatten and compress sculpted hair like a real helmet does to real hair. Vader being a baldy, I think it can be done.

Well, SS did say that, however, Boushh is different from Vader. I think when they commented that helmets would have to be too large, it was because to put a helmet over Leia's portrait as it is with Boushh would be too large with her hair as it is, which makes senses, you can't flatten and compress sculpted hair like a real helmet does to real hair. Vader being a baldy, I think it can be done.

True.

Whatever it is, I'm sure they will be some bonus surprise in this Vader.

But again, another reason to do ANH Vader, is it takes the reveal helmet out of the equation.

True.

Whatever it is, I'm sure they will be some bonus surprise in this Vader.

But again, another reason to do ANH Vader, is it takes the reveal helmet out of the equation.

Ya, I'm expecting this first Vader to not have a reveal. I think Sideshow will do it, it's such a cool thing to do, but as much work and time as it's taken to get a Vader, I don't think they'd put the extra R&D of a reveal helmet ahead of delivering a Vader to collectors.

Well I think Josh wants it but has concerns about the size of the head of Anakin beneath or how big the Vader helmet would look. I find Hasbro's Vader reveal was in scale both helmet and Anakin's head, so I don't see why SSC couldn't pull it off.

You would be correct. I'd like to see it but more so as a like with Boushh, Asajj, etc. Where you have seperate heads. This way you don't have to worry about the head size.

I want SS to make a ANH Vader first and then later a ROTJ. If they make the other two thats great and I'll get them.

Not the best angle, but to me, the size of the helmet looks in good proportion to the body on the Hasbro figure here, and to me, if Hasbro could pull it off, Sideshow can. Even Medicom did, the Anakin head isn't really smaller than Medicom's other heads, their heads are undersized in general to me. However, I would like Sideshow's pieces to lock in more securely like Hasbro than Medicom.

rots12ultvillloose.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back