Official 1/6th Darth Vader Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume it'll be a force choke hand from the scene when he finds that snarky Imperial officer's lack of faith disturbing.

IMG_1990.JPG

Have to give it up to Sideshow and forgive them for the wait, he looks fantastic. I'm glad we got him now while SS in upping their game instead of early on with some of the subpar figures.

Looks good,but Vader looks as though he's been eating one too many twinkies! :lol

Last edited:
It's funny how the pic does make his head appear small, but in person I'd say the helmet is almost too big - it's at least as oversized as the ANH version. He really looks fantastic in person and with 2 Stormies behind him.

The Stormies also have that shiny fiberglass look to the armor that is present in the first film too - a definite improvement over Stormtroopers we've seen in the past.

It's funny how the pic does make his head appear small, but in person I'd say the helmet is almost too big - it's at least as oversized as the ANH version. He really looks fantastic in person and with 2 Stormies behind him.

The Stormies also have that shiny fiberglass look to the armor that is present in the first film too - a definite improvement over Stormtroopers we've seen in the past.

Awesome! Glad to hear you approve Dave :rock Any idea how poseable these guys are? Can you get similar range like the Medicom, or are they more restricted?

dave, are the belts on the stormtroopers removable. i saw a pic earlier and they looked like they may be. & great news on vader.

Anyone have the Marmit kit photos handy? Just curious how it looks compared to this one?

Dave were you wearing a red shirt with flowers on it?

Anyone have the Marmit kit photos handy? Just curious how it looks compared to this one?

Sure here you go... :lol This used to be the standard for a production (even though unproduced) Vader to me. Seems like Sideshow has topped it.

marmit-vader1.jpg

marmit-vader3.jpg

marmit-dvader-11.jpg

Most definitely... really a sad thing he never saw the light of day. Even has the one black tusk. But, lucky for us it only took 10 years to get a decent (really) 1/6 Vader :lol

I'm kinda sad SSC only has new figures at the booth, it would have been nice to see Ben with Vader, maybe the proto order images will have that, or Dusty can hook us up :)

Thats true, usually they have displays with all the past figures. Guess there's just too much stuff now.

Probably so, last years's 1/6 pedistal was jammed with figures, but at least Old Ben and maybe Leia could have been thrown in to show Vader with heroes he comes in contact with.

That Marmit proto still looks sweet.
I love the helmet.
Dave, any chance of futzing around with the figure to make it look better?
And more pics? :D

If the helmet is as big as Dave said, it should be no problem to futz Vader to look like that great Marmit proto pic. It's just posing and adjusting the costume. SS has all the elements there. They just need someone to take a little time futzing with there display figures.

ill get a lot of heat for this, but i dont like the sideshow vader from the pics..looks chubby ...just not impress...now, the marmit vader...this was a masterpiece..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back