Official 1/6th Darth Vader Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks so great :) A choking hand? Ok, I can live with not getting that, still gonna try for it. And once again, solid gloves, with no wrist articulation. why do i get the feeling that Hurricane Will be getting ALOT of orders for Vader hands? lol

IMG_1978.JPG

OK, I'm not complaining, but where is the widow's peak?

Looks so great :) A choking hand? Ok, I can live with not getting that, still gonna try for it. And once again, solid gloves, with no wrist articulation. why do i get the feeling that Hurricane Will be getting ALOT of orders for Vader hands? lol

That was my thought. We need articulated wrists like the Medi Maul. Makes for much better posing. Rest looks good but $125?? Ouch. Cant see why this is $35 more than clone wars Obiwan.

That was my thought. We need articulated wrists like the Medi Maul. Makes for much better posing. Rest looks good but $125?? Ouch. Cant see why this is $35 more than clone wars Obiwan.

I think having a modded armor body, all the weathering, and the helmet, it's worth mor than Obi-Wan, Obi's pristine and new and pretty basic.

Looks good (whether or not thats what we actually get is another story)

I like how they got the redish tint to the eyes. PERFECT.

IMG_1984.JPG

I've not been following the whole thread is this an assumed an 09' release or maybe xmas?

IMG_1990.JPG

Have to give it up to Sideshow and forgive them for the wait, he looks fantastic. I'm glad we got him now while SS in upping their game instead of early on with some of the subpar figures.

This may sound strange, but he looks a bit... doll-like.
I know, I know, it's a damn doll, but this figure doesn't have that "hey, it's a little dude!" look to it.
You know, the kind of look you see on the better examples of Medi-figures, or some of the HT figures.
Still, it looks wonderful and I'm very happy. I guess it'll need some futzing to look just right.

Those pics are VERY promising. Looks like he is going to be well worth the long wait. I'm sure we'll get a lot more pics from SDCC and I'm totally psyched to see them. :cool:

I know, I know, it's a damn doll, but this figure doesn't have that "hey, it's a little dude!" look to it.
You know, the kind of look you see on the better examples of Medi-figures, or some of the HT figures.
Still, it looks wonderful and I'm very happy. I guess it'll need some futzing to look just right.

I have a feeling those were quick pictures as Sideshow was setting him up. I bet he'll look much better for the official display.

I've never seen a figure from anywhere which didn't look toyish when it is flooded with camera flash.

Yeah waaaaaay too much flash is turning me off a bit.

This looks a bit better IMO.

IMG_1986.JPG

All I can say is this figure looks to be worth the wait... holy hell, that is a thing of beauty!!! Initially I thought the head looked a tad small, but here looks very proportinate :rock

And glad to see they've already got an upscaled armored body:
. The body is an upscaling of the body used for the Clone Wars Obi-Wan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back