Official 1/6th Darth Vader Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ill get a lot of heat for this, but i dont like the sideshow vader from the pics..looks chubby ...just not impress...now, the marmit vader...this was a masterpiece..

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

I take it you also noticed the back left pocket's seam.

ill get a lot of heat for this, but i dont like the sideshow vader from the pics..looks chubby ...just not impress...now, the marmit vader...this was a masterpiece..

Don't underestimate the power of the futzing. :maul

That Marmit is a dream! I always wanted one of those. Look at that helm! And from the side, that odd corner look in back, PERFECT!
Has SS done this also? I await the visual info...

I have to agree, some of the pics aren't the best...but yeah, futzing will do it. All the elements are there so I have faith it's a great Vader, even if the pics make him look a bit chubby with a smallish helmet.

The pics are flash against a dark background so you're not gonna get a great shot like that with a black figure.

I hope they move Vader somewhere else and shoot some shots.

OK, this is better!

IMG_1986.JPG

Still need that side on view, but he looks pretty good. Not sure about the non-clear eyes though....
And I wish I could see the cut of the seam of the cape as it hangs over the front of the upper chest...not showing those bright shoulder bells....
It's the little things....

Helmet still looks small there, but I'm trusting Dave when he says it's on the larger size. It just has to be great.... 3 years in the making. SS wouldn't dare blow it. Maybe we'll see better pics tomorrow, certainly Friday when some of our own arrive to snap some shots.

By the time this is over, we'll have a hundred pics.

Les, here's the best profile shot so far. I'm quite picky about how the profile of the helmet looks on Vader figures, and I have to say, i like what I see here.

IMG_1993.JPG

Les, here's the best profile shot so far. I'm quite picky about how the profile of the helmet looks on Vader figures, and I have to say, i like what I see here.

IMG_1993.JPG

Agreed. Not bad. I am still miffed at the change in the brow point, but I can fix that on my own. No biggie. Just miffed. It was one of my favorite aspects of the New Hope Vader helm. Anyway, not bad. I wonder if he has hands that allow for them to rest on the belt boxes, one of my favorite of his relaxed poses....
Not bad though. Even with my own Custom one, I feel the pull..the primordial need...:D I mean, he is my all-time favorite movie character, so I have no choice.
In truth, I want to hear from the guys that see him in person. Event photos always change the look a bit.

But, I will get him anyway.
The troopers rock!

I really want to see the cape collar out and the chain over his armor, it's almost a trademark of his look.

He comes with 6 hands... and a bonus 7th as the exclusive. I imagine some resting hands will be there.

A little sad we'll most likely loose wrist articulation (most likely down to a cut joint) but if they pick the hands well it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

I am still miffed at the change in the brow point, but I can fix that on my own. No biggie. Just miffed. It was one of my favorite aspects of the New Hope Vader helm. Anyway, not bad. I wonder if he has hands that allow for them to rest on the belt boxes, one of my favorite of his relaxed poses...

I agree -- I really was looking for that sharp widow's peak on the helmet.

And with 6 hands, they better do the "hands on belt" pose. That's my fav too!

HE is here.

The cod piece seems to be sitting way too high and the cape is pulled back, so with minimal futzing, he should look great.
Anyway, who are we kidding?
It's Vader!
Of course we'll get him!

I'm contemplating getting two to sell one off for profit down here. I'm sure I could make a killing...

Nice pics. Well, I sold my Medicom Vader last year; he was great but too short and this monster looks to be HUGE...overall, very nice looking piece and worth the wait. I could seriously have them make the lenses transparent, but all in all, it looks very, very good. Cant wait for this one and stormies!

i likey. those stormtrooper look amazing. what was the estimated ship date on these? does it say at the booth?

vaderdave2.jpg

IMG_1984.jpg

Does anybody notice there is some different of the way how the suit to be wear (the upper shoulder plate part)?It is meant to be or what?

vaderdave2.jpg

IMG_1984.jpg

Does anybody notice there is some different of the way how the suit to be wear (the upper shoulder plate part)?It is meant to be or what?

I'm assuming your referencing the cloth over the chest plate as the comparison image you posted doesn't have that. In A New Hope, Vader's inner robe ran over his chest plate, in the other 3 movies, it ran under. This figure is based on his look in A New Hope.

IMG_1984.jpg

Going by this image, I think Dave's right, if you put those arms down at his side in a more normal stance, the shoulders should shrink up and I'm sure the helmet will appear larger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back