Official 1/6th Darth Vader Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: regular darth vader up for preorder

no worries on friday, already snagged me vader, the stormy, and the rebel guard.

The Helmet does not need to be removable its a ANH version, we never see it removed in ANH so why would the toy need it? Also the tabards should be over the armor just like they were in ANH so I don't know why you would want to change that. 125 bucks is reasonable considering what this figure is, new body, armor, Vader!

I understand it's supposed to be the ANH version and that the tabbards were over the pads and the helmet never came off. I just wish they would have made an all-purpose Vader instead of milking it for all it's worth. I didn't want to be one of the naysayers when this figure finally came out; I just think it's crazy that they're apparently going to make every slight variation on Vader that's been in the movies rather than making a 'generic' one with display options instead of making everyone wait for their 'perfect' version. I'm one of the few who, other than the tabbards, could care less about the light colors and other tweaks to the costume that changed as the movies came along.

I'm on the fence. I think a hundred and twenty-five bucks is decent, but considering the rising prices of toys, do I want to wait for an ESB or ROTJ version that might cost even more? :confused:

I can see where your coming from but Star Wars fans are some of the most anal out there, for the most part I think collectors would want the variations, the slight differences would matter for most people, they want true to screen accurate representations of characters in 1/6 scale.

Get this one.
If a new one comes out I'm sure you'll be able to sell this one for a good price, it being the first Vader and all.

The problem with that is Sideshow Star Wars pieces hold no value :monkey2

The exclusive version probably can go over original retail...

I ordered a regular. I could not care less about a force choke hand.

Hah! And I was just thinking my preferred pose would be the force choke. Ah well. Less competition that day. :) :peace

ordered one for safety sake. could care less about a reveal head. would never put him on display without the helmet anyway. kinda want that force choke hand though. ill be around during PPO. i just hope i can get one. armored obi sold out in about 9 minutes, right? wonder how fast this guy will go?

I'm feeling confident about the clothing on this one, Kevin Ellis was involved in this and I've been very impressed with his cut and sew work.

For ANH I would like to have some feature (not really a removable helm) where you could see David Prowse's eyes beneath the red tint (like on Les' Vader or a Hurricane). But I love this one.

Ordered Vader, the Stormtrooper, and the Rebel Fleet Trooper.

The only one I'm not sure on is Vader. As odd as it sounds, I think the ANH custom I built actually looks better than what I've seen so far. I went ahead and pre-ordered Vader to possibly upgrade a couple parts on mine, but I'll have to see if that happens or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back