Official 1/6th Darth Vader Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: regular darth vader up for preorder

So if I'm not at my PC at exactly 10am chances are I won't get a PPO for the Ex Vader? I know I'll be working so I guess I won't risk it. Funny thing is if the ANH Kenobi wasn't so great I'd have never bought one (the last 3 SW soured me on the whole thing); and had I never bought ANH Kenobi I wouldn't want ANH Vader to display with him!

DAMN!

Ok, I'll be the first to start a scuffle over negative comments when you KNOW they're aimed at starting ^^^^, but if it's just an opinion against the popular, what's it ^^^^ing matter, enjoy it yourself and take delight in the fact it's another person you won't have to fight to order yours.

no way this is gonna be a hard figure to get later down the line for cheaper. I can wait.

Same here. If not getting the Exclusive Vader and Ex Stormie then I'll order the regular versions from an European distributor.

I agree, for some reason all of Sideshow's official pics look stubby... but cleary at SDCC he's badass and awesome. Confusing...

I agree, for some reason all of Sideshow's official pics look stubby... but cleary at SDCC he's badass and awesome. Confusing...

It's just a difference in lighting, futzing, posing, and backgrounds, very different contexts, but that's why I like seeing things at the cons, you get the real look. When I first saw Old Ben con shots last year, I was speechless, the SSC proto shots looked great, then that, it was like DAMN!

They really need a better photographer IMHO because the majority of their products never look as good as they should in the official pictures.

They really need a better photographer IMHO because the majority of their products never look as good as they should in the official pictures.

I don't think they need a better photographer, I'm sure their photographer is quite skilled.

SSC spoke to the photography like a year ago when Legolas production images came out. The pictures are taken a certain way to make every last little detail of the figure clearly visible in the images. It's their policy for their product photos and it doesn't matter what skillset the photographer has, there are limits due to the format they aim for.

It just looks funny to me. It looks like he's got stubby legs, rubbery arms that are bent funny, and an oversized dome. I'm not saying the quality won't be vastly superior, it just makes me think of Hasbro from these pics. That doesn't mean I think it looks like a Hasbro figure all around, just that it makes me think of one. I'm sure it'll look better when a capable person poses it and futz around with it.

edit: and wonky feet

Yeah,I'm not liking the stubby legs either.But I really just hope it's the way he's posed.

Im grabbing a regular Vader as we speak just in case something happens on PPO day. Already got my RFT and I shouldn't have trouble getting two exclusive Stormies.

No this is a ANH vader, no reveal, you'll have to wait for the ROTJ version for Shaw reveal.

Do you really want to wait another year from this one's release (at the very least) for a chance (becuase it could be ROTS, ESB that won't have the shaw reveal) at a ROTJ Sideshow Vader?

The fleshy head doesn't matter much to me, I'll only pose him with Ben; old school Jedi style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back