Predator 2: Shadow Predator (2011 Toy Fairs Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are YOU kidding?
Really wanna go there? I'm talking Predators, by the way.

Lost almost an inch in height, came out with tons of scraped scales for some stupid reason..Oh..and the paint was not the same, much more greenish with some yellowish colors..
Predators_BerserkerPredator_PR15.jpg

Uhhh.. Well there's the P2 prototype, that was actually painted kinda like P2. Then when he came out, the body was just painted some ____ty redish color, and the face paint was different..

pred22oz2.jpg

Predator_2___Hot_Toys_by_predator_fan.jpg

review_htpred2_1.jpg

Let's see... There's P1, which isn't as bad as the others..but still not as good as the prototype.

hottoys-predator-4.jpg

Not the best pic..but you can deffinitely see the paint differences, hopefully.
Predator1-002.jpg

Haven't been paying much attention to Tracker, but I'm sure I could find differences.
Falconer's paint was very different, more bland..etc.

...Which is expected because these are the PROTOTYPES.

:exactly:, to me it's part of the quality that is coming with a HT Predator, even if it's a little less accurate the quality is by far the best.
that's a diplomatic way to put it. HT preds are more accurate than say Kenner or McFarlane was, but they're not even in the ballpark with NECA accuracy-wise. at least they're improving though. this figure is a huge step ahead of their previous P2 figures. even the dreads look nice right out of the box. it'll be a relief to not need to mess with those ever again. i've had to fix and re-fix my Guardian's dreads at least a dozen times by now.

that's a diplomatic way to put it. HT preds are more accurate than say Kenner or McFarlane was, but they're not even in the ballpark with NECA accuracy-wise. at least they're improving though. this figure is a huge step ahead of their previous P2 figures. even the dreads look nice right out of the box. it'll be a relief to not need to mess with those ever again. i've had to fix and re-fix my Guardian's dreads at least a dozen times by now.

You should just do the 'pull out and reglue into more accurate position' method if thats the case. I wouldn't have the patience to have to readdress the same problem again and again.

As to the accuracy topic. I remember, back when the McFarlane stuff was the only option for me, drooling at pics of the Hot Toys AvPs. Luckily I got on the HT train in time enough for the P2 and onwards. But yeah the Hot Toys figures always p!$$ed on McFarlane's ones from a height in every respect not just quality.

omg as the years advance that hot toys p2 looks more and more terrible... He needs to be redone with the new body, BADLY!!!

omg as the years advance that hot toys p2 looks more and more terrible... He needs to be redone with the new body, BADLY!!!

I feel your pain. I've had 2 of the AVP Preds; P2 Elder, battle damaged, Lost and Guardian; Wolf and P1; Berserker and Falconer with Tracker on his way soon. Every since the Super Preds, I've thought the old bodies just don't compare. Seeing the new bodies, I almost feel like porting all my older Preds to the new bodies since they just don't look right any more. :thud:

So when are we suppose to get this (Sideshow) in the US?

And I've got a lot of Predators (No AVPs), but did any of them come with clean "White" human skulls. or skulls and spines?

got my Shadow Predator. This is my favorite Hot toys pred. The new body is fantastic, tight joints and it feels heavy and solid.

3522-sh1.jpg

Also got my 2 Taylerdurdem bio masks in. They both fit nicely onto shadow, but the "beast" bio fit the best.

Here's the "Serpent":
It fits on the head well and is the perfect size.

3523-sh2.jpg

3524-sh3.jpg

3525-sh4.jpg

And the "Beast":
This bio fits on the head the best, however the top of the bio is a bit to long for Shadow.
3526-sh5.jpg

3527-sh6.jpg

3528-sh7.jpg

3528-sh7.jpg

I cannot wait to see more lost preds using this body!!! whoo!!!

www.modelzone.com

Last edited:
Back