Predator 2: Shadow Predator (2011 Toy Fairs Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1112_butters-and-lion.jpg

It would be rather funny a meeting of everyone that talks about the predators figures in this forum. We see what happens here, it would be fun to see how the people are in real life :p :lol.

no, no, no, no, no!
of course, a new body more and better than the previous ones, but the head because of it became small. the legs are still big, disproportionate (though with the advent of Berserkers legs became even greater. the horror! :panic:).

ok. demonstrate:

170814335.jpg

general comparison
long neck, small and narrow head, small and short body, large legs, disproportionate hands. questions?

170814339.jpg

170814336.jpg

170814341.jpg

more than is necessary with respect to body proportions. size of the biceps more than necessary.

170814342.jpg

narrow head, huge mouth which opens and closes wrong.

170814337.jpg

colour of the body and the head is terrible, absolutely not authentic.

Outcome: sculpt repulsive, disgusting painting.

P.S. If you still do not see, then nobody will be able to help! :panic:

ALWAYS WANTED TO USE THIS...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRsPheErBj8&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRsPheErBj8&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

even if NECA ever decided to make 1:6 scale preds (they won't), they couldn't come anywhere close to the quality of HT preds. they'd have to change everything from the bottom up to accommodate the infrastructure needed to produce high-end figures. they're much closer to McFarlane than they are to Sideshow and they seem dead-set on staying there.

Yeah, maybe you're right. The prototype to production process from Hot Toys is amazing. Often, the prototype pics you see, are pretty much what you get in your hands. Few companies can make their production products look as good as their prototypes. Hot toys is one of these rare companies that can pull it off. Enterbay seems to always disappoint when it comes to this. Their prototypes are great, but by the time it hits production, it looks almost nothing like it's prototype. It's almost like false advertising. They do have a few exceptions,(their godfather figure was nicely done), but mostly their final products don't come through like Hot Toys. So far, when it comes to 1/6 movie figs, there is almost no competition-Hot Toys has basically a monopoly-and with that monopoly comes price manipulation( as we've seen with the skyrocketing retail prices ). Enterbay is their nearest competitor and even they are a very distant second. Hot Toys is king of the hill, and I don't see anyone knocking them off the 1/6 movie figure market anytime soon.

:exactly:, to me it's part of the quality that is coming with a HT Predator, even if it's a little less accurate the quality is by far the best.

:exactly:, to me it's part of the quality that is coming with a HT Predator, even if it's a little less accurate the quality is by far the best.

:goodpost:
Well said. I totally agree, since the end product is just as good as the proto.

damn, those look good. I would say most of the time HT's final product comes out as good as their protos, but when it comes to Predators from them, I feel that's not the case.

Back