Predator 2: Shadow Predator (2011 Toy Fairs Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, they'd better do something with that character again. All of their Predators have some sort of flaw in some department. This is their shot at redemption, putting out the first all-around perfect (or damn close) Predator they've ever done.

this is possible only under one condition - to dismiss Tsang.
of course, HT will not :(

Didn't Tsang sculpt the P2? I'd venture as far as to say the only Predators he can really do well are P2 and maybe Elder. I actually want him to make a P2, if he does it exactly as he did it back in 2007, of course with extra details and texturing.

Blade3327

Tsang can not sculpt fine - all his previous works only proves that he is not a damn thing can not sculpt :(

lol, everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion I guess...but I think you'll surely be in the minority for saying that he "can't sculpt". His predator sculpts may not be accurate, but he is a better sculptor than 99% of the people here. Don't get me wrong, there are many talented sculptors here (even venture to say some are better than Hot Toys sculptors), but they are in the minority since most of us are merely collectors and can't sculpt or never tried.

He's a talented sculptor, but a moron for thinking he can improve the original movie designs.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

A bit blunt, but I'm with you there.

Blade3327

Tsang can not sculpt fine - all his previous works only proves that he is not a damn thing can not sculpt :(

All right, let me rephrase my statement:

In terms of accuracy only, every Predator Tsang has sculpted is absolute crap, except for the P2. I think he did a great job on that one, surprisingly enough. The Elder was pretty good too, but he gets second place.

So there. Those were the best unmasked Predators he worked on. I think most of us would at least be in agreement with that, I mean... it's kind of true.

vareika

1) you'll be very shocked, but i can sculpt and paint and do it now.

2) Tsang can not sculpt well, if his works have a lot of mistakes and inaccuracies. i have twice done a comparative review - on Berserker Predator and Shadow Predator. this is despite the fact that i have not done a comparative review on the remaining Tsang's figures.

3) most people tend to choose the worst, whatever that was. decisions, choices, support, brains.

4) and most importantly - do not try to protect something or someone, unless it is required or if there is no real argument for protection.

here is a teaser for my first custom. i'll show you an overview of my work at the end of next week, when work will be finished. have to wait. :huh

and here is an album about the creation process.

Blade3327

Tsang is NOT sculpted P2, Elder and Borg (Lost), and is likely to P1 and Gort (Guardian). :)

Last edited:
Didn't Tsang sculpt the P2? I'd venture as far as to say the only Predators he can really do well are P2 and maybe Elder. I actually want him to make a P2, if he does it exactly as he did it back in 2007, of course with extra details and texturing.

Most of the "pretsang Predators" was sculpted by Pan Mak.
He actualy sculpted Hellboy and Abe.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Really?

So does this mean they brought Tsang in for the Aliens Alien Warrior and Machiko? Jeez. Whatever happened to Pan Mak? His AVP Predators weren't too great, but the P2 was excellent.

So does this mean they brought Tsang in for the Aliens Alien Warrior and Machiko? Jeez...
Well he sculpted ALL of HTs 1/6 Aliens and all of them was ~50% fail :lol
No wonder that the same thing now happening with HTs Predators. Not in the sense that the new figures are crap but that the level of production went on order since then and it's not clear what prevented them to not just hiring same artists.

Don't like it don't buy it! :lecture
Pimps are pimps.

Last edited:
Great...I didn't expect my response to be analyzed at this depth but I disagree with some of your statements (with respect, of course).

vareika

1) you'll be very shocked, but i can sculpt and paint and do it now.

Not shocked. I don't know you that is why I didn't say anything about you personally (whether you could sculpt or not). My entire point is that real good sculptors and painters are in the minority. It appears you are one of them, but that does not shock me.

2) Tsang can not sculpt well, if his works have a lot of mistakes and inaccuracies. i have twice done a comparative review - on Berserker Predator and Shadow Predator. this is despite the fact that i have not done a comparative review on the remaining Tsang's figures.

Once again, whether he can "sculpt well" is a personal opinion. This is just like a movie. There are people who think Predator is a dumb franchise and there are people who think it is the best. You stated your opinion that he can not sculpt well, and I am not going to challenge you on that. Read my original comment, I said that your opinion is probably going to be in the minority and that I disagree and think Tsang is a good sculptor but has not done well on sculpting accurate predators. I can disagree freely just as you are stating your opinion freely.

3) most people tend to choose the worst, whatever that was. decisions, choices, support, brains.

Indeed, so I read a bunch of comments in this thread but I chose what appears to me (my opinion) as the comment I wanted to reply to. Whatever that means you decide.

4) and most importantly - do not try to protect something or someone, unless it is required or if there is no real argument for protection.

If you can call Tsang a bad sculptor (I believe you exact words about Tsang were much more harsh than that), then why can't I defend him. Your entire comment telling me to not try to protect something "unless it is required" is strange. What is "required" or not is pretty much based on personal opinion. Why can you freely criticize but I can't freely protect? The fact that you are saying I can't "protect" Tsang because it is "not required" suggests that you think your opinion is the only "truth". Well, your opinion is your opinion right?

here is a teaser for my first custom. i'll show you an overview of my work at the end of next week, when work will be finished. have to wait. :huh

and here is an album about the creation process.

Looks great, I think you are a good sculptor/painter.

Sep 25, 2011 $75.00
Oct 25, 2011 $75.00
Nov 25, 2011 $74.99

buy they have charged on 25 august, isn't it ?

Not shocked. I don't know you that is why I didn't say anything about you personally (whether you could sculpt or not). My entire point is that real good sculptors and painters are in the minority. It appears you are one of them, but that does not shock me.

Oh, come on you. it was a joke (it's about a shock).
do not be too serious :)

Once again, whether he can "sculpt well" is a personal opinion. This is just like a movie. There are people who think Predator is a dumb franchise and there are people who think it is the best. You stated your opinion that he can not sculpt well, and I am not going to challenge you on that. Read my original comment, I said that your opinion is probably going to be in the minority and that I disagree and think Tsang is a good sculptor but has not done well on sculpting accurate predators. I can disagree freely just as you are stating your opinion freely.

unfortunately, i can not interest anyone's opinion, because they are usually based on personal perception. that is, it's good that everyone has his own opinion, but those views are not something decisive in the debate on establishing the presence of talent or its absence. need to rely on something more objective than simply his own opinion. you are the consumers, so it is very difficult to judge because or you just do not understand this in this area, or you simply does not matter. other reasons i do not see anymore. it is as if the viewer looks at a picture of a Picasso, and he will form an impression of the picture only on the basis of his emotions, feelings, tastes, etc. and there are people who understand this, on a professional level and is optional.

Indeed, so I read a bunch of comments in this thread but I chose what appears to me (my opinion) as the comment I wanted to reply to. Whatever that means you decide.

of course, i understand :)

If you can call Tsang a bad sculptor (I believe you exact words about Tsang were much more harsh than that), then why can't I defend him. Your entire comment telling me to not try to protect something "unless it is required" is strange. What is "required" or not is pretty much based on personal opinion. Why can you freely criticize but I can't freely protect? The fact that you are saying I can't "protect" Tsang because it is "not required" suggests that you think your opinion is the only "truth". Well, your opinion is your opinion right?
well, i wrote about this earlier.
everyone has a right to their opinion but... but... but i hate the pseudo :lol

Looks great, I think you are a good sculptor/painter.
thank you :wink1:

Hey guys, he my be coached as well.I know this may have not crossed your mind but his level of talent he can sculpted all most anything.There maybe a reason for the changes from real to figure, to bash a paid sculptor seems a little silly and having his work on sig's and having everyone bought hes stuff.
Not to stir the pot but he could blow anyone minds if HE was giving the option to make this accurate. I of course am not 100% sure about this stuff but there cool predators and there here to stay!!!!

Plus he was more than likely handed a 3d sculpt and was told this is what we want.

Last edited:
Hey guys, he my be coached as well.I know this may have not crossed your mind but his level of talent he can sculpted all most anything.There maybe a reason for the changes from real to figure, to bash a paid sculptor seems a little silly and having his work on sig's and having everyone bought hes stuff.
Not to stir the pot but he could blow anyone minds if HE was giving the option to make this accurate. I of course am not 100% sure about this stuff but there cool predators and there here to stay!!!!

Plus he was more than likely handed a 3d sculpt and was told this is what we want.
This is what I've been saying, sort of.
Although I believe he chooses to sculpt them differently.

Have you seen that Classic head sculpt? That is talent. Just not accuracy.

And if he is being told to sculpt them a certain way, I still don't like him because he can just say.."no"

This is what I've been saying, sort of.
Although I believe he chooses to sculpt them differently.

Have you seen that Classic head sculpt? That is talent. Just not accuracy.

And if he is being told to sculpt them a certain way, I still don't like him because he can just say.."no"

I strongly think there's a digital 3d sculpt that is handed to him!!!!I don't think hot toys would cut lose an artist to do what he wants ,unless they worship this guy.

My other thought was that the Bio would not fit if he was movie accurate and they wanted to make it fit with closed mandible's.With the movie's version i know those crazy mandible's did'nt fit in the Bio.And size was totally hot toys choice.

Any who i like the debate but bashing the sculptor was much.

I think the correct criticism is Tsang is a good sculptor but he failed to recreate the accurate predator. This statement should please both sides of the debate. Anyways, here's to hoping we will eventually get more and more better predator collectibles.

Back