RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

Saw AVATAR today and I have to say, I did not have any high hopes for it from the off.

Have not been paying too much attention to it or any of the hype/backlash, but I was blown away. Gorgeous effects, great story and wonderful pacing.

9/10

AVATAR - 10/10 - I don't give movies a 10 often. There are too many people here that do that to several "geek" movies, but Avatar is not one of those. Saw it at the new AMC IMAX in OKC.

How was the new IMAX... just saw that was there the other day. I went and saw it at the IMAX in Tulsa today.

I really, really loved this movie. My expectations were not high as I was worried that it would be overhyped... but it really was good. The effects and feel of the film were awesome. The 3D was good, but not really necessary... especially as I had more trouble not getting the split image than in other recent 3D flicks. The story is not all that original, but its still very well done. My only nit that holds it back from 10 is that it seemed a bit long at times... not much, but I think maybe they could have trimmed it a bit and had a tighter film.

But still... well worth seeing :rock :rock :rock

3390__x400_godzilla_raids_again_poster_01.jpg

Godzilla Raids Again 4/10

This movie is one of the worst that Toho has done in my opinion. First, I don't know why it is called Godzilla when they never say the name Godzilla at all in this movie. They call him Gigantis for whatever stupid idiotic reason. At least they called Anguirus by it's real name.

I also hated the narration that this movie had. I was annoyed by the guy telling the story and it was corny. This is my second time watching this film and I didn't like it any better than the first watch through.

Night of the Demons 8/10

I really liked this movie. I borrowed it from a friend, liked it, looked everywhere for it and ended up spending like $25.00 used for it. I know it's a lot of money but it's out of print and really hard to find, when I got it it was still wrapped in the packaging so I was stoked. Technically it not a good movie some of the acting is just horrendous but this is a really fun movie with a lot of replay value in my opinion. Also some of the effects are really good, it's amazing what a possessed girl can do with some lipstick. I got it Thursday and I've watched it like three times, so if you can find it I say get it.

Death at a Funeral - 8/10 ... hilarious! I was crying from laughing, and then I cried for real during the last speech about his dad. Very great "small" film - and Alan Tudyk was phenomenal! Highly recommend this one!

Death at a Funeral - 8/10 ... hilarious! I was crying from laughing, and then I cried for real during the last speech about his dad. Very great "small" film - and Alan Tudyk was phenomenal! Highly recommend this one!

:banana:banana:banana totally great film, i like it when i still in a film and am totally blown away by how good it is.

Night of the Demons 8/10 I really liked this movie. I borrowed it from a friend, liked it, looked everywhere for it and ended up spending like $25.00 used for it. I know it's a lot of money but it's out of print and really hard to find, when I got it it was still wrapped in the packaging so I was stoked. Technically it not a good movie some of the acting is just horrendous but this is a really fun movie with a lot of replay value in my opinion. Also some of the effects are really good, it's amazing what a possessed girl can do with some lipstick. I got it Thursday and I've watched it like three times, so if you can find it I say get it.
Dude, I loved it! Great 80s horror! :rock

Night of the Demons 8/10

I really liked this movie. I borrowed it from a friend, liked it, looked everywhere for it and ended up spending like $25.00 used for it. I know it's a lot of money but it's out of print and really hard to find, when I got it it was still wrapped in the packaging so I was stoked. Technically it not a good movie some of the acting is just horrendous but this is a really fun movie with a lot of replay value in my opinion. Also some of the effects are really good, it's amazing what a possessed girl can do with some lipstick. I got it Thursday and I've watched it like three times, so if you can find it I say get it.

Hell yeah, that movie is great! That chick with the lipstick is the same girl who plays the graveyard stripping Trash in Return of the Living Dead.

Heat 7/10 Awesome movie that just gets to boring in some parts. Greatest shootout scene of all time though at the end

one of the funniest movies i've ever seen! it never got too stupid, or went overboard. it was just consistently funny, with clever jokes. gotta love the british and their comedy!
Elf: 7.5/10
...that's sad. it's things like this that make me lose faith for humanity. :monkey4

How was the new IMAX... just saw that was there the other day. I went and saw it at the IMAX in Tulsa today.

I was pretty impressed with it. They can finally compete with Warren Theaters with it.

Being in Stilly, it's prolly about even both ways from Tulsa and OKC.

Robocop - 9/10

Such a great movie, the coniving company board, the villains are stellar and the locations are perfect and gritty. I hope the remake or whatever their doing turns out well.

Back