Sideshow Angel Comiquette - Links to Waitlist and Buy Reg in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Angel is coming

I do tire of the 1/4 scale or fail mentality on these threads. Seems like the school yard bully attitude or the local click that degrades everyone who is different. I have seen alot of 1/4 scale fail from SS. Size is far from the only thing that matters. Collect what you like, Collect what looks good.

:goodpost:

Collect what you like and like what you collect :lecture

There are no 'Elite' no 'fails', not even any '1/4 awesoness' or 'crappy small statues.
So just get over it and move along please, this whole mentality is rediculous especially when bad taste jokes are posted with it.

We all like different things. It doesn't mean that someone who collects a different scale is any less of a collector.

Personally I'm loving this. I've always loved Blue/white suit Angel and if they do create Iceman too, I'll be in trouble...or at least my bank will be :lol

x :peace

There are no 'Elite' no 'fails', not even any '1/4 awesoness' or 'crappy small statues.
So just get over it and move along please, this whole mentality is rediculous especially when bad taste jokes are posted with it.

We all like different things. It doesn't mean that someone who collects a different scale is any less of a collector.

Personally I'm loving this. I've always loved Blue/white suit Angel and if they do create Iceman too, I'll be in trouble...or at least my bank will be :lol

I collected mainly 1:4 scales statues (especially if they are Xmen or Avengers) unless they are AH or MB which are 1:5th (which I don't care what scale they are). This is one example that I don't care what the scale is because I appreciate the sculpted of it. If it looks good, it goes into my collection. I might even display it with my Xmen PFs. But if I don't, it's a great stand alone piece.

Nice try, but really don't think this is going to stop all the FAIL, EPIC and any other adjective to describe some collectors...:panic:

Just saying...:wink1:

But okay...:)

It all depends on the way you have stuff displayed imo, i have my collection set up on pedastals and 1/5th stuff just looks tiny and doesnt display well, if i had them all in a cabinet or something similar it might be more forgiving scale wise... I had a 1/5th comiquete displayed and it really didnt work at all. Patience is key for me as a collector especially since sideshow typically brings out the less desirable 1/5th scale pieces out before a 1/4 scale which will be out down the road, and i probably only need one or the other in the collection not both.

It all depends on the way you have stuff displayed imo, i have my collection set up on pedastals and 1/5th stuff just looks tiny and doesnt display well...
I like to tease the "scale doesn't matter" crowd, but I completely agree that it really comes down to how the collection is displayed. I have seen some Bowen (1/6th) displays that are simply amazing and the AH! or Mark Brooks (1/5th) look great. One of my favorite statues ever was the Bowen Juggernaut and...wait for it...Angel looks perfect.
:peace

If it looks good, it goes into my collection

:yess:

Cool to see this mentality show up.

Sorry to anyone I offended with the avant-garde nazi analogies. Maybe it wasn't the best idea to use that mass murderer to illustrate ignorant hypocrisy :lol :peace

:yess:

Cool to see this mentality show up.

Sorry to anyone I offended with the avant-garde nazi analogies. Maybe it wasn't the best idea to use that mass murderer to illustrate ignorant hypocrisy :lol :peace

yeah you prick.:pfft:

:monkey1:peace

Edit; i can't believe that's not censored :thud:

I like to tease the "scale doesn't matter" crowd, but I completely agree that it really comes down to how the collection is displayed. I have seen some Bowen (1/6th) displays that are simply amazing and the AH! or Mark Brooks (1/5th) look great. One of my favorite statues ever was the Bowen Juggernaut and...wait for it...Angel looks perfect.
:peace

I do agree display plays a significant role in your collection. I have 1/4 and 1/5, 1/6 too! It takes work but I have a method to the madness. When talking to CS Moore about the Angelus statue I told him it was beautiful and I appreciated his work because he approaches it as art. I could display her stand alone and someone who knows nothing about comics would appreciate her. I wouldnt tell him, hey, she is not 1/4 so this is a massive fail. Wait a sec, im ordering the life size faux bronze fathom, what is she, she is art. What are the odds I will display angel and angelus together with glorious lighting, HIGH! Im sure that breaks somebodys rules.

All I am saying is I dont want the size of statue to dictate its quality or be used as a weapon to sway the opinions of those who genuinely like it. I am looking forward to seeing the alternate portraits this week.

I do agree display plays a significant role in your collection. I have 1/4 and 1/5, 1/6 too! It takes work but I have a method to the madness. When talking to CS Moore about the Angelus statue I told him it was beautiful and I appreciated his work because he approaches it as art. I could display her stand alone and someone who knows nothing about comics would appreciate her. I wouldnt tell him, hey, she is not 1/4 so this is a massive fail. Wait a sec, im ordering the life size faux bronze fathom, what is she, she is art. What are the odds I will display angel and angelus together with glorious lighting, HIGH! Im sure that breaks somebodys rules.

All I am saying is I dont want the size of statue to dictate its quality or be used as a weapon to sway the opinions of those who genuinely like it. I am looking forward to seeing the alternate portraits this week.

Pity those who are actually swayed by the elitist, narrow minded point of view.:dunno:(:slap

I like your collectors thinking...:goodpost:

Nothing wrong with liking different stuff, I think it's just sad that Sideshow decided to go this route instead of making alternate costumes the same scale so we can mix and match in the same display. I just can't see myself putting a Colossus that is smaller than Rogue, Gambit and Cyclops in the same display.

The Marvel characters themselves should be able to sell in 1/4 scale in alternate costumes. Heck I would buy every costume of Spidey in the right scale if he's done well.

What's distressing is that now that Angel has been done with his full wingspan out, the 1/4 scale if there ever will be one may have the wings downwards to save space and diversify. That is gonna suck. Oh well there are always customs.

Last edited:

I don't know why folks who collect different sized statues are getting so wound up about folks only collecting in a single scale. People have different collecting tastes. I say, accept it and get off your high horse. No one is morally superior in this debate. Folks who want one scale of statue are no more "close-minded elitists" than those who refuse to step in those folks' shoes. It just means you don't mind having a less uniform collection.

Personally, I wish I did collect smaller statues, because you seem to have a lot more options, and often that means better designs in addition to more characters. But if I want something small-ish, I'll stick with articulated HT figures. If I'm gonna have statues at all, I want them to be big and imposing. Unfortunately, I hate 1990s Marvel, so I will most likely pass on "pouch-o-plenty" Cyclops, "sexy" Rogue, Archangel, etc., even though I love the X-Men in general and would like to have 1/4 scale complements to my Avengers.

Personally, I wish I did collect smaller statues, because you seem to have a lot more options, and often that means better designs in addition to more characters. But if I want something small-ish, I'll stick with articulated HT figures. If I'm gonna have statues at all, I want them to be big and imposing. Unfortunately, I hate 1990s Marvel, so I will most likely pass on "pouch-o-plenty" Cyclops, "sexy" Rogue, Archangel, etc., even though I love the X-Men in general and would like to have 1/4 scale complements to my Avengers.

Yeah I would love another Cyclops in 1/4 scale and same goes for the rest to go with the Avengers. After seeing some of the 1/5 stuff match up to the 1/4 scale it's impossible for me to go backwards too.

Back