Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The coat dispute is hilarious. I never even knew it was a thing until reading about it here when this thread was made. The scenes outdoors and in the storm make pretty much everything look blue, even the snow is blue. We know snow isn't actually blue, but there's this huge debate about his coat, it's so funny what we get worked up over in this hobby.

The only scene where everyone seems to agree it is blue is inside the Hoth base, not outdoors.

And yeah, the "huge debate" of blue vs. brown has a cyclical nature, and part of that cycle is the "this so absurd" comment. :lol

Are you getting the blue one, TaliBane?

The blue one will be much rarer than the brown one so yeah. I definitely will track down a loose brown one though to alternate for display. The sewing and detail on the coats (seen in that SSC instagram pic a month or two ago) looks outstanding.

As I've said before, Han with a blue coat just doesn't quite make sense with the Hoth rebels, who are all brown/beige/tan variants. I'm right in the middle on the brown/blue thing (so will display both,) even though I always seem posting for the "blue team.":rotfl

The blue one will be much rarer than the brown one so yeah. I definitely will track down a loose brown one though to alternate for display. The sewing and detail on the coats (seen in that SSC instagram pic a month or two ago) looks outstanding.

As I've said before, Han with a blue coat just doesn't quite make sense with the Hoth rebels, who are all brown/beige/tan variants. I'm right in the middle on the brown/blue thing (so will display both,) even though I always seem posting for the "blue team.":rotfl

Maybe because Han isn't a boring beige background character...?

But yeah, I plan on picking up a loose brown coat to have for prop accuracy purposes but never use since I prefer the colour it appeared to be most of the time on screen (and in all the other media).

There's a sideshow exclusive Brown Coat as well. It comes with an extra portrait not in the reg. Exclusive Blue Coat also has that extra portrait. Basically 3 versions.

There's a sideshow exclusive Brown Coat as well. It comes with an extra portrait not in the reg. Exclusive Blue Coat also has that extra portrait. Basically 3 versions.

Yeah, it's sort of complicated (double EX) but SSC is the only place you can get the blue coat.

The blue one will be much rarer?

It's the Sideshow exclusive. Brown will be the default colour of all the distributors, so there should be many times more brown jackets out there, than blue.

Yeah, it's sort of complicated (double EX) but SSC is the only place you can get the blue coat.

So yeah, 3 versions of Han, two of which will be brown coats vs only one version with the blue. Not to mention that the regulars and more widely available version will be brown. I too am getting the blue ex and will get a brown coat just to have in case I ever want to swap Han to a "prop-accurate" version. I think it will be the harder color to track down in the future.

Just noticed Han was pushed back to January... and Luke is now February :gah:

Hopefully that's so they ensure they get the head sculpts perfect and not looking like how Drake ended up!

Old news on Luke and Han being pushed. The mystery will have to wait until 2015.

Only R2 is left for this year. I'd say that's the best one to leave 2014 with.

I figured it might be... I don't check this thread too often as not much really happens between PO and in-hand pics.

That's weird, considering "prop accurate" would be blue. :D

:slap :lol

Hey, I'm all in on the Blue Coat front!

I don't care what anyone says. I believe the coat was indeed made in warm grey (not brown, per se) with the full knowledge that the lighting would end up making it look blue in the final film print. :pfft:

Back