Sideshow PF Jack Sparrow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow PF Jack Sparrow In Progress

Basically, its slightly different. The exclamation mark has a line down the middle of it. And the lady doesn't have nipples which makes her breast look deformed, where its a little more clear in the actual sign. Its kinda funny because in my picture the exclamation point looks like a pair of sissors that partially cut off her breast.

well hang on to that rat pack poster sounds cool

Thanks, I'm going to, it is pretty cool.

looks 100% like Depp.

The nose looks the right size, probally the best Depp likeness yet.

All I can say is with a fast Ex sellout time like that you can't say a ton of people didn't think it looked like Jack at all and ordered anyway just because ;)

A fast sellout like that is a clear enough message beyond what the few haters are saying.

You might not like it, but seems to be an overwhelming number who think to disagree and the sales reflect that support.

All I can say is with a fast Ex sellout time like that you can't say a ton of people didn't think it looked like Jack at all and ordered anyway just because ;)

A fast sellout like that is a clear enough message beyond what the few haters are saying.

You might not like it, but seems to be an overwhelming number who think to disagree and the sales reflect that support.

I have to respectfully disagree. (1) There are in fact a number of people who ordered this, though they felt the facial portrait could use some tweaking. In the event that a change is made, they certainly don't want to have missed out. (2) People with a differing opinion are not "haters". There's already been discussion about that in this thread. (3) The sales numbers do not reflect an "overwhelming" acceptance of the current face sculpt. In most PF PPOs that I've seen, the Ex sells out quickly, including items that have brought on a similar storm of discussion.

As this PF goes through the usual process from proto to distribution, there will be several people canceling and others picking it up. It really all comes down to whether a person likes the final piece enough to shell out $320-$325. My guess is that the majority will either love it or say "it's close enough" while the rest will wait and see what comes down the line.

I ordered it and I don't see it as a 100% likeness of Johnny Depp. If you do, then that is OK. If you put a picture side by side, you will see it is not perfect by any means. It definitely could use some tweaking. The Lord of the Rings Gandalf PF is a dead on likeness of the actor. THis is not, but it has not stopped me from pre-ordering. It is silly to call us haters.

Personally I'll be getting it even if nothing changes. I can see why people don't quite see Depp but as with the second Indy PF and Dooku changes do happen and with a strong PF such as this it would benefit SS if they do make some changes. I believe they will tweak it. But to me it's a great PF and will raise the bar for future PF's.

There is always the possibility of them tweaking it and the more stand out pieces that were tweaked were for the good but hopefully if they tweak it it isn't for the worst.

I have to respectfully disagree. (1) There are in fact a number of people who ordered this, though they felt the facial portrait could use some tweaking. In the event that a change is made, they certainly don't want to have missed out. (2) People with a differing opinion are not "haters". There's already been discussion about that in this thread. (3) The sales numbers do not reflect an "overwhelming" acceptance of the current face sculpt. In most PF PPOs that I've seen, the Ex sells out quickly, including items that have brought on a similar storm of discussion.

As this PF goes through the usual process from proto to distribution, there will be several people canceling and others picking it up. It really all comes down to whether a person likes the final piece enough to shell out $320-$325. My guess is that the majority will either love it or say "it's close enough" while the rest will wait and see what comes down the line.

I ordered it and I don't see it as a 100% likeness of Johnny Depp. If you do, then that is OK. If you put a picture side by side, you will see it is not perfect by any means. It definitely could use some tweaking. The Lord of the Rings Gandalf PF is a dead on likeness of the actor. THis is not, but it has not stopped me from pre-ordering. It is silly to call us haters.

I agree. I ordered it and I think everyone knows my feelings about it already.

i'm always amused by the people who argued that if the majority thinks it look cool, then it must be cool. since when is the majority always 100% right?

i trust my own eyes, and to me this sculpt looks cartoonish. 5 years ago 'not that bad' might have been acceptable, but this is the era of hottoys now. a sculpt either has to be at that level of realism or it's just not worth it IMO.

It's not people's opinion's that bother me, it's how they present them.

i'm always amused by the people who argued that if the majority thinks it look cool, then it must be cool. since when is the majority always 100% right?

Same can be said about the people who hate it.

Same can be said about the people who hate it.
i'm always amused by the people who argued that if the majority thinks it look cool/suck, then it must be cool/suck. since when is the majority always 100% right?

corrected. my point is people here are often too happy to cite the majority are on their side, like that's supposed to account for something. what's important is your own opinion, good or bad. that's why i always thought polls threads are useless.

Look at the 300 Leo thread....everyone was going nuts about the figure. I thought the likeness sucked...but I just said my opinion in a nice, and orderly manner. And thus, no flaming ensued.

Sharing of opinions is the point of this site, it only becomes a problem when people state theirs with a blatant inacceptance of their being anything else. When people believe their opinion is the only rational one and try to drill that home, that's when things get ugly. I'll challenge opinions that I don't agree with to get a discussion going but I won't imply, nor do I feel, that those that don't agree with me are in any sort of wrong for thinking how they do. My opinon feels right to me but I realize it could be very wrong anyway.

Back