Small_Studios Painted Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Small_Studios Figure Gallery

Damn skippy! You did a fine job on all the parts there, Josh. The head of course, but the cane! I applaud you on the cane! And the shoe. The sandwich of course looks perfect. Nice toasty texturing paint there too.

Damn skippy! You did a fine job on all the parts there, Josh. The head of course, but the cane! I applaud you on the cane! And the shoe. The sandwich of course looks perfect. Nice toasty texturing paint there too.

Thanks Les you da man! :duff

Dude, Josh, just curious: are you a young or old dude? or, how long youve been painting? Just amazed at your talent, really! Ive always imagined you as some middle aged guy for some reason. (not that theres anything wrong with middle age!!!)

And to be totally fair, I am 147 years old today!

Dude, Josh, just curious: are you a young or old dude? or, how long youve been painting? Just amazed at your talent, really! Ive always imagined you as some middle aged guy for some reason. (not that theres anything wrong with middle age!!!)

:lol Not quit middle aged yet. I have been painting for years. I have always been into drawing, painting, and some sculpting. Havnt really done any of that for the past few years though just a whole lotta sculpts:google

:bow Eyes can be tricky. Especially getting the right color mixture. He is on his way back to you my friend. Post pics of the final fig when you get a chance. :peace

Will do. I may eventually need to track down a narrow TT though. I've had him built for so long he is still on the standard wide-shouldered TT. But I had him ready for Howes' head years ago, but since that never happened he just sat around until Serang's set came out. So he will finally be complete! I can't wait! :drool

:lol Not quit middle aged yet. I have been painting for years. I have always been into drawing, painting, and some sculpting. Havnt really done any of that for the past few years though just a whole lotta sculpts:google

Thanks!!! Had to ask..................ok, my weirdo questions will be normal again!!! :D

old-man-laughing.jpg

Ok just got done with Serangs Capt Miller sculpt. Not a terrible sculpt. This sculpt is a bit more rough then what im use to. I would love to see Sideshow or Hot Toys do a Hanks. Anyway enjoy:peace

25utlr6.png

Last edited:

Ok just got done with Serangs Capt Miller sculpt. Not a terrible sculpt. This sculpt is a bit more rough then what im use to. I would love to see Sideshow or Hot Toys do a Hanks. Anyway enjoy:peace

2q89cmt.png

Your paint job is very nice. I really like how you painted the stubble.

25utlr6.png

Awsome job Small_studios! Your paint job makes him look alive. Love the eyes. :google

Yeah the likeness is a bit off on that Serang Miller, but I can't say a bad thing at all on the paint ;)

Very good paint work. Just one thing he looks a bit red? Also left eye is skewed to one side.

Just one thing he looks a bit red?

One thing I have noticed Josh does better than anyone else I've seen is simulate the reddish hue that the human skin's subcutaneous capillaries give off in certain places. Truly breathes life into his work in my opinion.

Just one thing he looks a bit red?

I thought the same thing, but having some of Josh's great work on-hand, they are not as red as they appear in the pics. I think it's just the lighting.

Don't change a thing Josh!

Eric

Thanks guys for the feedback. Yeah anyone who has my work in hand knows they never look like the pics which i think is a good thing:lol I can never seem to get a true reading of colors when taking my pics and i have tried numerous settings. :banghead

Back