SST Shock Trooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really cool. Unfortunately I'm not so glad it wasn't an OT trooper like Snowtrooper or Scout. But I knew these will come, repaints are so easy...

Really cool. Unfortunately I'm not so glad it wasn't an OT trooper like Snowtrooper or Scout. But I knew these will come, repaints are so easy...

Yeh but for $120 + you shouldnt need to buy a figure and repaint it

Ill pass on this for the same reason I passed on the Stormtroopers

Colour

its an off white

I may have bought this if theyd remedied the off white problem, but my cries keep falling on deaf ears based on first impressions of the preview, and they probably realise now that if they did correct the off white then all the stormies & Im guessing the Sandies will look odd stood next to these shocks

Think Ill stick with customs and Medi for my armour (hoping they do a Scout or a SnowTrooper real soon)

ok SS enough with the Armour now give us a Weequay or a member of the Max Rebo pack please

That was only the ones at the temple. Some of the books have hundreds of Jedi, Padawans, etc, operating all over Coruscant when Order 66 is given.

Interesting. Even so, I was hoping these would be clean. They just look too battle-damaged for me, kind of disappointing to tell you the truth.

I'll just stick with the Medi Shock. It's nice enough and I'm not a fan of all that battle damage either.

I think the battle damage on these is alright, i mean these are like the most battle hardened SOB's out of all the clones right?.

Sweet! I'm all over this like a fat kid on a donut. :lol For me if it comes out like the Utapau then its a real winner.

As shocking as this is to say: there are people here - like myself - that have nothing to do with, want nothing to do with, and will never have anything to do with Medicom.

Bring on the clones. These are far superior to the Medicoms. I had their Vader. While nice, it was terribly out of scale.

You know what would be a nice exclusive instead of the crappy stand?

CRISPY FRIED VADER in his medical capsule...

These are nice though they are a pass for me, I could be tempted with the 501st for my Vader though a Cody or Gree is a definite buy for me

I understand some people don't collect Medicom for whatever reason, but when you have a choice where:
a) 10%, 20%, 30% or more of your customer base already has a similar item (Shock Trooper or 501st)
or
b) 0% of your customer base already has a similar (any of the commanders, arc troopers, or Kashyyk trooper or countless other versions)

I think choosing option A is a poor business decision unless you already covered many of the option Bs.

helmet inaccuracies aside, the paint job looks pretty good, I would say better than Medi.

I will decide whether to get this when my SS utapau trooper arrives and hopefully the loose body don't bother me too much.

I do agree with what ProgMatinee said, they should have done other troopers or even the commanders.

I understand some people don't collect Medicom for whatever reason, but when you have a choice where:
a) 10%, 20%, 30% or more of your customer base already has a similar item (Shock Trooper or 501st)
or
b) 0% of your customer base already has a similar (any of the commanders, arc troopers, or Kashyyk trooper or countless other versions)

I think choosing option A is a poor business decision unless you already covered many of the option Bs.

well, I suppose this could be SSC's test on how much they can milk repainted clones. Certainly seem to have worked for medi selling variant of the same clone.

Yeah, especially since you sold all your medi troopers.

I haven't sold my shocktrooper yet. Its still for sale but not gone. Now, I will say I think SS versions are better made and look better overall. Not that I disliked my medicom figures.

helmet inaccuracies aside, the paint job looks pretty good, I would say better than Medi.

I will decide whether to get this when my SS utapau trooper arrives and hopefully the loose body don't bother me too much.

I do agree with what ProgMatinee said, they should have done other troopers or even the commanders.

I 3rd that sentament

hopefully you'll get one with tighter body. Its a fantastic armored figure. The only draw back is the loose body. (the cheap feeling body suit doesn't bother me anymore since you don't really see much of it anyway)

Don't SS realize that if they made a Biker Scout that EVERY ONE of them would sell out? Where these will be left over and either on 2nd chance or on sale at retailers in the future.

(I mean sure it's easy to do and repaint em but.......)

hopefully you'll get one with tighter body. Its a fantastic armored figure. The only draw back is the loose body. (the cheap feeling body suit doesn't bother me anymore since you don't really see much of it anyway)

Yeah, I hope so too! I could close an eye on the body suit...as long as the joints are tight I'm fine.

Don't SS realize that if they made a Biker Scout that EVERY ONE of them would sell out? Where these will be left over and either on 2nd chance or on sale at retailers in the future.

(I mean sure it's easy to do and repaint em but.......)

I agree!
Right now, whoever does a biker scout first, gets my money!

Back