Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi - 1/6th scale Darth Vader™ Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Raνen you decided to just drop those pics and cook huh?

You now know you need to post more photos now right?
IWqbqCT.gif

That looks so much better. So is that the accurate/canon look for him? I never paid too much attention to this :lol

Nope not accurate at all lol. But for me, I really disliked Kenobi, so I don't see this Vader as a representation of the show, I've sort of made it my own "mythos" Vader. Ill likely swap parts out from other Vaders over time just for fun, try and make the best looking figure I can.

When did Vader have that big leather collar on his cape? Shouldn't it be tucked under the neck of the mask?
Cape collar Under the neck: Rogue One, ANH & ESB
Cape collar over the neck: ROTS (wider opening and looser chain), OWK (narrow/tighter and not much chain showing), ROTJ (in between)

Nope not accurate at all lol. But for me, I really disliked Kenobi, so I don't see this Vader as a representation of the show, I've sort of made it my own "mythos" Vader. Ill likely swap parts out from other Vaders over time just for fun, try and make the best looking figure I can.
Totally fair. I do the same with a few different fandoms. I enjoyed Kenobi but it could have been handled better, but yeah just go with your own version of Vader and head canon. You'll get more enjoyment out of it right?
Cape collar Under the neck: Rogue One, ANH & ESB
Cape collar over the neck: ROTS (wider opening and looser chain), OWK (narrow/tighter and not much chain showing), ROTJ (in between)
It would seem then that the under the neck is the 'correct' way to have it. I'll have to redo my photos :lol

Yeah got my shipping notice for this today. Ordered Maul 2.0 from them too, they are with the preorder discounts much more reasonably priced then other serious retailers unless you have say more rewards at sideshow over popcultcha pennies.

Is there anywhere to still get this guy from, specifically in the UK?

I missed on pre-ordering him 2 years ago and now kind of regret it, because Vader is my favourite character of all time.

Or shall I go for the newly announced Battle Damaged Vader? I also read a rumour on a ROTS Vader being announced this year, is that true? Or is the new Battle Damaged version revealed the ROTS one (although the large dome from ROTS looks nothing like the Battle Damaged dome).

Please help a brother in need!

Many thanks! :)

Last edited:
So I know it's been mentioned her but for those who have multiple Vader, does the DX27/28 have a different material for his suit?
Some ppl say yes, some say no.

To me, this is a different material than previous Vaders. Doesn’t feel like the old pleather suits. I own the ANH and have a ESB vest with chest box, and this new DX suit looks/feels different than those to me. That said, there’s no real way to verify since HT hasn’t specified.

Others say it’s still pleather, though :dunno

We won’t really know until Dark Empire Luke or Starkiller come out since those both mention nylon suit material. Or, if HT makes a statement/video when ROTJ Vader saying they’ve changed the suit, then we’d have that to compare to this DX Vader’s suit.

Is there anywhere to still get this guy from, specifically in the UK?

I missed on pre-ordering him 2 years ago and now kind of regret it, because Vader is my favourite character of all time.

Or shall I go for the newly announced Battle Damaged Vader? I also read a rumour on a ROTS Vader being announced this year, is that true? Or is the new Battle Damaged version revealed the ROTS one (although the large dome from ROTS looks nothing like the Battle Damaged dome).

Please help a brother in need!

Many thanks! :)

It depends, if you buy yourself the new Battle Damaged Vader deluxe version you'll get the OWK Kenobi Damaged head/helmet, but you won't get the ability to have a clean Vader, unless you have a previous Vader already (Personally, I think the Battle Damaged Vader looks utterly ridiculous and it's also non-canonical fantasy, so it doesn't interest me).

I guess though you could get that Deluxe Battle Damaged Vader, and then get any future clean Vader and have the option to display him as the Kenobi Vader, but that's a lot of money.

The OWK Vader Deluxe to me seems like the best bang for your buck in terms of options/ the ability to have the clean version and a battle damaged version all in one figure.

It depends, if you buy yourself the new Battle Damaged Vader deluxe version you'll get the OWK Kenobi Damaged head/helmet, but you won't get the ability to have a clean Vader, unless you have a previous Vader already (Personally, I think the Battle Damaged Vader looks utterly ridiculous and it's also non-canonical fantasy, so it doesn't interest me).

I guess though you could get that Deluxe Battle Damaged Vader, and then get any future clean Vader and have the option to display him as the Kenobi Vader, but that's a lot of money.

The OWK Vader Deluxe to me seems like the best bang for your buck in terms of options/ the ability to have the clean version and a battle damaged version all in one figure.

Thank you.

To be honest, the Battle Damaged version doesn't seem too appealing due to its non-specific movie accuracy as well. OWK Vader seems to be the best one, but unfortunately it's sold out everywhere here in the UK and I am not willing to pay aftermarket price for it.

Thank you.

To be honest, the Battle Damaged version doesn't seem too appealing due to its non-specific movie accuracy as well. OWK Vader seems to be the best one, but unfortunately it's sold out everywhere here in the UK and I am not willing to pay aftermarket price for it.
There is one in the FS/Trade section for a bargain price right now. Used but the seller is highly rated so I am sure its in great shape.

He's here and he's glorious:

1723116941910.jpg

I've noticed there is just a slight misalignment vertically between the chest piece and cod piece positioning (as seen on the photo).

Does anyone else have that?

It's something I can live with, however as this figure is by far the best Vader I've ever seen.

View attachment 718939

I've noticed there is just a slight misalignment vertically between the chest piece and cod piece positioning (as seen on the photo).

It's something I can live with, however as this figure is by far the best Vader I've ever seen.
Nice boots. 😂

Sorry, I couldn’t resist.

View attachment 718939

They're all on velcro, or attached via belt / round the back so you can definitely adjust.

Back