Terminator 2: T-800 PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else find that when you watch one of his films you just think of the character as Arnold Schwarzenneger, not Douglas Quaid or Harry Tasker. I think the Terminator roles must be the only exception.

i definitely feel the same way. i think he's still very entertaining to watch though. one of my favorite roles of his was in True Lies. Would love to see a sequel to that.

Does anyone else find that when you watch one of his films you just think of the character as Arnold Schwarzenneger, not Douglas Quaid or Harry Tasker. I think the Terminator roles must be the only exception.

It doesn't help that in like 90% of his roles for a while, he had the same haircut so it wasn't even like his look in the film distinguished him from film to film. At least like Stallone, when you watch Rambo you see Rambo and when you watch Rocky you see Rocky, totally different looks.

It doesn't help that in like 90% of his roles for a while, he had the same haircut so it wasn't even like his look in the film distinguished him from film to film. At least like Stallone, when you watch Rambo you see Rambo and when you watch Rocky you see Rocky, totally different looks.

you do have a point Maul! you see the same face and haircut no matter what the role is, i think except with the running man, he did have a beard at the beggining of the film? right? can't remember, havent seen it in a while.

Well he's had some rolls with different looks, certainly long hair as Conan, even Stallone did like half a dozen movies looking the same but for costumes. Your appearance is huge when your performance doesn't do much to allow folks to see you as a unique character. Tom Hanks looks the same in a lot of movies, but his performance almost always make you read into each role as a new person. Christian Bale's another good one nowadays, his Bruce Wayne and his role in The Prestige don't look too different, but he plays each character uniquely and you believe him as what he's playing.

Arnie and Sly are very entertaining, but a lot of times you can't see them as just themselves again in a different story. Lucky for Sly, his bread and butter roles are so different as far as character, between that and looks you never see them as the same guy, I don't anyway.

Arny's movie pitches:

Conan: I em a buff Bawbarian wowriowr... den I kick some aaaaasss
Terminator: I em a buff macheeen fwom de fwuture... den I kick some aaaaasss
Predator: I em a buff soldger fighting an aaalien... den I kick his aaaasss
Twins: I em de buff twin of a dwarf... den I kick some aaaassss
True Lies: I em de buff secret agent... I love my wife... den I kick some tewrorist aaaaaaaasss
Junior: I em a buff saientist who gets pwregnant... I em so sensitive... den I kick some aaaassss
End of Days: I em buff man who lost faith... den I kick satans aaaaasss

p.s. anybody here seen "Hercules from New York".......

Hercules in New York is hilarious, have only seen it with his voice dubbed over. Apparently on the DVD you can hear it with his own voice.

You forgot Batman & Robin : I em da buff super villain who wishes to cure his wife...den I make crappy Cold Puns

"Da Iceman cometh"

The audience go-eth!

Hercules in New York is hilarious, have only seen it with his voice dubbed over. Apparently on the DVD you can hear it with his own voice.

You forgot Batman & Robin : I em da buff super villain who wishes to cure his wife...den I make crappy Cold Puns

"Da Iceman cometh"

The audience go-eth!

haha just watch this...please do,been a while since i laughed THIS hard:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQhBGDOO4-w

Notice the ^^^^^ slap sound at 1:28

And same quotes :)

"GET Down"
"Do it"
"IÆLIJÆÆÆLUHGH"

or like in your avatar Rock.........it sounded kinda funny but yesterday i watched total recall just to hear that you blew mah covaaaahhhh!!!!!!! damn, funny as hell!!!

Funniest Arnie movie ever made,"Jingle all the way" is second,the mall scene when he is chasing that ball is hilarious,if my movie maker had worked id make a clip of it,damn windows!

cant remember the running man since its been a while since i watched it but yeah, Ahnulds superubercool!!!!

I love Arnold. :cool:

I think in his first films he had no idea what he was saying. Someone just learn him to say the lines. :rotfl

:D

But he did invent many English words too, such as:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYAH!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

AAAAAAALLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEYALLALLELLAL!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back