Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The gun in the Terminator's leg...was covered by flesh wasn't it? Didn't he have to slice his leg open to get to it? That's what I inferred from the scene...
And the flying skull...couldn't it have had flesh on it that burned away during the "jump" that was whacked out when Sarah shot into it? It looked like the weapon shot and the "jump" both ripped the terminator apart there. It all worked for me...

I'm liking this show. I think the leads are good (especially Ms. Headly...a rare combination of sexiness, intelligence and sensitivity that works...she pulls off the quiet scenes and looks good totin' a gun) and the writing is fine. These first three episodes blow away two-thirds of "Heroes" soph season...it's a well-produced show that I hope gets a full chance to get it's story going...

I'm just sorry it's not on this week...I've read in the trades that it's dropping rapidly in the ratings. Hopefully Fox will take the tact that they have nothing else on but Prison Break & mostly Idol-style crap and somebody might be there that remembers it took another show they got nine seasons out of a while to catch on too...

Seems re-running just the first hour episode is a pretty bad move 3 weeks into the series. Kinda f's up any momentum it might have had. I could see replaying on a different night, but not having a new episode?!? May be the beginning of the end for another Fox SciFi series :monkey2

Seems re-running just the first hour episode is a pretty bad move 3 weeks into the series. Kinda f's up any momentum it might have had. I could see replaying on a different night, but not having a new episode?!? May be the beginning of the end for another Fox SciFi series :monkey2

Let's say it all together now ... STRIKE = NO NEW TV = NEW SARAH CONNER CHRONICLES = SHOW MAKES IT TO AT LEAST SEASON 2.

So, stop doom and gloomin'. Fox, try as they will, can't fubar this one ... well, at least until season 2.

I think we can blame this one on W. The State of the Union Address is screwing up the schedule tonight, not Fox. But with Fox's history, I can understand the jump to blame them.

The T-1000 took on the physical properties of anything he faked - not just the look, but the actual properties. If you touched his skin, it didn't feel like steel. That's how they got around it.

I can buy that the head was covered in flesh to start and some how seared off during the trip (although I'm not sure how anything generating that much heat wouldn't hurt the three of them at the same time), even if that does make no sense with what we know about the possibility of time travel. Albert would be rolling his eyes at that particular concept, but this is a FOX show, and not a particularly well written one at that :D

While everyone seems bent on convincing me that the goofy head and body turning up the way they did is somehow important, it's the handling of Sarah that will determine if I stick it out with the show past a couple more episodes. Soap opera Sarah isn't much to my liking. Thankfully, Cameron is still very interesting. The funny thing is that many regular viewers have commented that they want her dumped.

I'm still so lukewarm on this show that I haven't watched the third episode. Since George W will be telling us how terrific the economy is tonight, I'm glad I have something else to watch.

I think we can blame this one on W. The State of the Union Address is screwing up the schedule tonight, not Fox. But with Fox's history, I can understand the jump to blame them.

Ah, good point... I hadn't thought about that.

And Douglas, seriously... you don't need to be such an ardent defender of the show :lol, I do plan to still watch it :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hold onto your butts. This show may be taking a turn for the worse.

Fox has released a description of "Queen's Gambit," the Monday, Feb. 11 episode of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

Here's how Fox describes the episode:

"Brian Austin Green joins the cast. When Sarah's friend Andy submits his computer into a chess competition, she revaluates his computer's capabilities and worries where it could all lead. During the chess match, Sarah comes face-to-face with a stranger whose history is closely tied to hers.

Meanwhile at school, Cameron gets called into grief counseling and John makes a new friend in shop class. Agent Ellison discovers remnants from a Terminator battle."

Brian Austin Green :monkey4:monkey4

And I thought she destoyed the chess computer?!? Maybe it was more fire resistant than we thought... or he had a kevlar chair in front of it :lol

And I thought she destoyed the chess computer?!? Maybe it was more fire resistant than we thought... or he had a kevlar chair in front of it :lol

:rotfl:lol:rotfl

It's a bird! It's a plane! It's...

SUPERCHAIR-FULL.jpg

T-1000 was liquid metal. It appeared as flesh and clothing but was metal -- remember the bullet holes that reformed? And the fact he could wallk through bars? So it's a good point that the T-1000 went thru time without a flesh covering. I guess 'liquid' metal breaks the rule.

If the living flesh rule doesn't apply, why come through naked? There's no reason for him to be naked unless he has to morph into flesh to be able to time travel. Not that any of this really matters to me though, all of it requires a huge suspension of disbelief.

If the living flesh rule doesn't apply, why come through naked? There's no reason for him to be naked unless he has to morph into flesh to be able to time travel. Not that any of this really matters to me though, all of it requires a huge suspension of disbelief.

This is a point that has bugged me ever since I saw T2. The reason the T-X came through naked was we were supposed to think that he's the good guy all throughout the first 25 minutes. It was supposed to be this big twist when Arnold tells Sarah, "Come with me if you want to live." But the whole ad campaign was focused on selling Arnold as the good guy so the drama that was set up was lost.

Had it been written with the mindset that we'd walk into the theatre knowing that Arnold gets to be the good guy in this one, I think it would have been written differently. Surgically implanting the T-X in a live cow or something maybe.

I just rewatched the first episode, and it's really striking how much more natural Cameron is. They should've kept her that way instead of turning her into Data.

This is a point that has bugged me ever since I saw T2. The reason the T-X came through naked was we were supposed to think that he's the good guy all throughout the first 25 minutes. It was supposed to be this big twist when Arnold tells Sarah, "Come with me if you want to live." But the whole ad campaign was focused on selling Arnold as the good guy so the drama that was set up was lost.

What was really fun was that my wife had never seen either of the Terminator movies, and as soon as I found that out, we watched the first two on video. She had no idea that Arnold was the good guy in the second one, and it was a lot of fun to see her experience it unspoiled.

Yeah, I remember seeing it for the first time and clearly realizing that I was supposed to think that Robert Patrick was the good guy, but like you said, the marketing made it obvious ahead of time that Arnie was going to be the hero. I can't imagine what possessed them to ruin what would've been the best twist since Vader being Luke's dad.

I never knew they were planning on him looking like the good guy... man, that really would have made the first viewing so much better. Dumb studios and their ad campaigns :rolleyes:

Was tonight just a repeat? I forgot it was on. :monkey2. I hope it was just a repeat so I didn't miss anything.

WTF!?!? What was the fire for? :huh Lemme guess, the room was protected against fire, earthquake, hail, fire and brimstone. :rolleyes:

I think it was to destroy the computer or kill the guy. which is retarded, because the guy could just make another one

Back