Premium Format The Incredible Hulk The Avengers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you guys give me some advice.

I want a Hulk PF at some point.

Will only ever bother with one and I am more of a comic book style fan.

The original was too older style looking for me so passed on it.

If you were in my shoes would you consider this or do you think a modern comic one will show up down the line and wait for it?

Not even close. SSC is just getting warmed up as far as the Hulk is concerned. He is too popular and profitable for SSC to ignore.

All that being said. Hulk is the one character who's movie version could pass for a comic version. I think you could get this and it would fit in quiet nicely with a comic statue display, unlike obviously Thor or Cap who look like the actors in the film. I personally favor comic pieces as well but am considering picking this one up.

Oh so there will be an EXCLUSIVE :yess::yess::yess:

That means there will be an edition size set on this one :rock

Indeed!
23ma42w.jpg.gif

All that being said. Hulk is the one character who's movie version could pass for a comic version. I think you could get this and it would fit in quiet nicely with a comic statue display, unlike obviously Thor or Cap who look like the actors in the film. I personally favor comic pieces as well but am considering picking this one up.

It's a FANTASTIC piece. Any Hulk fan should be thinking about picking this up. The problem is the price. This is a Legacy piece and as such, won't be cheap. If you can't afford the maquette, there will be another 1/4 SSC Hulk that will be made sooner or later. It will probably retail for less since it'll strictly be a SSC piece. How much less is the only real question. The other thing is....will the next 1/4 scale Hulk look as good as this maquette?

"exclusive" may have a different connotation there, so an exclusive version is not a given.

I do hope there is one though (different coloured pants?)

Where does it say anything about an Exclusive? Exclusive reveal? Wouldn't that just mean the reveal is exclusive to SS on Tuesday?
I hope there isn't an Ex. This is going to be expensive enough without having to buy direct and paying another 20% V.A.T. Local retailer is my best option.

cap with masked head, ironman, and hulk can all be passed as comic. Only thor has the fully exposed actor's face, even then who cares..it is modern thor. If thor movie wasnt made and sideshow just released the same statue as comic version i bet all of you wont even care.

Exclusive reveal just means The Sideshow experience is going to be the only one revealing it.

Where else would Sideshow reveal it. Seems redundant to add exclusive into the title just to inform us they would be revealing it.

Exclusive reveal just means The Sideshow experience is going to be the only one revealing it.

When I read that statement again I think you could be right.

I was just too excited when I read the word "EXCLUSIVE" :lol

Oh well back to my first thought, if there is no EX, this could have an open ES :gah:

:yess:
With BW next month even a step closer!

yeah black widow is a done deal, i just hope the face comes out good.

i am not happy with the ironman maquette though, the paint just isnt good even though mine has the good chin. It's very surprising because i got the war machine maq first and was completely blown away by how great and perfect it is. So was very surprised the ironman by the same legacy brand/style isnt even close.

Thinking about alternatives, someone was selling a kit maybe i can get one of the good painters to make a custom..

When I read that statement again I think you could be right.

I was just too excited when I read the word "EXCLUSIVE" :lol

Oh well back to my first thought, if there is no EX, this could have an open ES :gah:

ES will be great, but honestly unlike galactus i will buy this no matter the es or price....it's just have to be done...

cap with masked head, ironman, and hulk can all be passed as comic. Only thor has the fully exposed actor's face, even then who cares..it is modern thor. If thor movie wasnt made and sideshow just released the same statue as comic version i bet all of you wont even care.

Iron Man yeah but the Cap cannot pass as comic. Not to a true comic fan. Thats not a knock it a compliment that these are so realistic to the movies.

It's a FANTASTIC piece. Any Hulk fan should be thinking about picking this up. The problem is the price. This is a Legacy piece and as such, won't be cheap. If you can't afford the maquette, there will be another 1/4 SSC Hulk that will be made sooner or later. It will probably retail for less since it'll strictly be a SSC piece. How much less is the only real question. The other thing is....will the next 1/4 scale Hulk look as good as this maquette?

Thats exactly it filip. I think this piece will be to good to pass and risk the next Hulk not being as good and like I said it will fit into both a comic or movie oriented display. I would love to have it but I know it will be way out of my price range. Especially with other must have for me such as Batman, which I have PO'd and Superman which I will. Sucks but I am not the hugest Hulk fan so I'll get over. Having said that if its is priced low enough I might take the plung.

Back