Premium Format The Incredible Hulk The Avengers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It cracks me up how people seem to correlate weight of a statue with quality. The two are completely independent. The biggest thing a heavier weighing statue gives you is a higher shipping cost. :lecture

Nahh...when you have it in your hands it feels cheap.like a cookie jar or something.

You know I kind of feel the same way. I don't know what it is, but this piece did not blow me away as it should.

However, I still like it and will order, but why this did not blow me away at the Con? Maybe the size is not big enough? I am still not sure, hope it will grow on me when I get it in hand.

I was blown away by doom lsf, galactus maquette, batman pf, drom pf even neytiri lsf, but hulk is just great not insanely amazing, it should be more than great :gah:

Thanks for comparing this to the others, I will order since it's Hulk and Legacy but it's good to know what it compares to since I plan on going for select LSF from now on and cutting back on the 1:4.

Nahh...when you have it in your hands it feels cheap.like a cookie jar or something.

exactly. if something costs 300 plus u better put the materials in it and make it substantial. quality.

pick up a hulk lsb then a sabretooth lsb, now tell me which you think is more quality and which youd rather have..

oooh saves in shipping.. sucker:slap

You know I kind of feel the same way. I don't know what it is, but this piece did not blow me away as it should.

However, I still like it and will order, but why this did not blow me away at the Con? Maybe the size is not big enough? I am still not sure, hope it will grow on me when I get it in hand.

I was blown away by doom lsf, galactus maquette, batman pf, drom pf even neytiri lsf, but hulk is just great not insanely amazing, it should be more than great :gah:

ya didnt shine like the doom lsb or galactus. those stole the show imo

exactly. if something costs 300 plus u better put the materials in it and make it substantial. quality.

pick up a hulk lsb then a sabretooth lsb, now tell me which you think is more quality and which youd rather have..

It's not the weight of statues that bothers me. If SS can make statues with less polystone, more woven fibreglass, whatever else it is not a big deal as long as it will last.
As an international customer less weight saves me money on shipping and this hobby costs me 30% more than it would if I lived in the USA. When you tip the Hulk PF of a shelf - solid or not - it will still break!
What sucks is Sideshows paint apps, the paints' durability and the QA. I have the odd break in postage on fragile parts but it is the ____ty paint apps and missed flaws that lets SS down.

It is just perception. It can weigh 50 lbs and have _____ty paint apps. Is it still quality? Besides, how often are you holding your statues anyway? After unpacking them they typically sit in a cabinet or shelf. Then you can't tell the difference in weight between a 50 lbs statue and a 20 lbs statue.

All I'm saying is as long as the statue looks good, then I don't care how much it weighs.

The statue needs to be solid and doesn't need an EX. Screw your EX pants idea. I agree the idea of an EX is that you can display it as the EX or reg. and I also agree with the cookie jar comment. I'm right and this is the way it is! It's fine as is. Everyone else is just _____ing. If you don't like it then don't buy it. It's not going to be what you want it to be if it's already not. Your words won't change a thing. It's already made.

It cracks me up how people seem to correlate weight of a statue with quality. The two are completely independent. The biggest thing a heavier weighing statue gives you is a higher shipping cost. :lecture

Thanks Shai, your first sensible quote. :lol
I'd rather pay extra shipping for a solid statue.
I received a Black Panther and the leg had broke off, would that of happened if it was solid? No! And yes they feel cheap.
The Hulk Comiquette also felt really cheap, one of the reasons I returned it.
When you're paying hundreds for a statue you don't want the manufacturer skimping on material.
Drop a solid statue and a bit will fall off or chip leaving it repairable, drop a hollow statue and it will shatter into little bits.
I know what I would prefer. :lecture
Anyway, look after your collectables and treat them with the respect they deserve.

Last edited:
I think weights important, even more so as cost are nearing 1k. I also agree as long as it looks good, I can look past the weight. Sometimes when handling an older statue i wish it was lighter.

It like with anything take furniture for example. A solid piece will cost more but is better and last longer but at least you save a few dollars on a partial board piece of furniture.

The problem with sideshow is they want to keep charging the same price or even more but reduce the quality and there own costs. The shipping doesn't matter to them since we pay it. I live in far so shipping matter but I would rather pay more for a quality piece then the same price on a hollow piece just to save on shipping.

It is just perception. It can weigh 50 lbs and have _____ty paint apps. Is it still quality? Besides, how often are you holding your statues anyway? After unpacking them they typically sit in a cabinet or shelf. Then you can't tell the difference in weight between a 50 lbs statue and a 20 lbs statue.

All I'm saying is as long as the statue looks good, then I don't care how much it weighs.

Well i look for quality in paint apps too. My new bowen fixit has excellent paint apps but the fact that it feels like an eggshell makes me not love it. Other bowen hulks are deliciously solid. It absolutely is a factor in play. What hollow does is save the manufacturer a ton of money. Corner cutting on quality. Ill take the 50 pound statue thank you very much

Bodie

Well i look for quality in paint apps too. My new bowen fixit has excellent paint apps but the fact that it feels like an eggshell makes me not love it. Other bowen hulks are deliciously solid. It absolutely is a factor in play. What hollow does is save the manufacturer a ton of money. Corner cutting on quality. Ill take the 50 pound statue thank you very much

Bodie

:exactly: I still got my Bowen Hulk Smack down and he is heavy. I think heavier than SSC Thanos Dio

Bodie

It's cool that the Hulk PF was so heavy but it could have been 30 lbs lighter and it still would have been just as cool.

Back