Premium Format The Incredible Hulk The Avengers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well i look for quality in paint apps too. My new bowen fixit has excellent paint apps but the fact that it feels like an eggshell makes me not love it. Other bowen hulks are deliciously solid. It absolutely is a factor in play. What hollow does is save the manufacturer a ton of money. Corner cutting on quality. Ill take the 50 pound statue thank you very much

Bodie

We will agree to disagree then.

I'm not necessarily opposed to a solid, heavy statue, but it does not guarantee quality. Vice versa, just because a statue is hollow does not mean it is not a quality product. I have been collecting the Marvel 1:1 Bust line and they are all hollow but are some of the best quality products Sideshow has produced.

It's cool that the Hulk PF was so heavy but it could have been 30 lbs lighter and it still would have been just as cool.

:exactly:

I'm not necessarily opposed to a solid, heavy statue, but it does not guarantee quality. Vice versa, just because a statue is hollow does not mean it is not a quality product. I have been collecting the Marvel 1:1 Bust line and they are all hollow but are some of the best quality products Sideshow has produced.

yea, i'm with you guys. solid is nice but im ok with hollow as long as the statue looks fantastic. they might be more fragile but if you drop it, i dont care if its solid or hollow, its gonna break. plus i have a bad back so lighter is fine with me!

The 1:1 busts are a different thing altogether. They are made from fibreglass as far as I'm aware?
As mentioned when I received 2 IM busts, they crack rather than break.

do you have the venom 1:1?.. the original?.. must weigh 50 pounds.. when i got the spidey i was like wtf!... lol

Well i look for quality in paint apps too. My new bowen fixit has excellent paint apps but the fact that it feels like an eggshell makes me not love it. Other bowen hulks are deliciously solid. It absolutely is a factor in play. What hollow does is save the manufacturer a ton of money. Corner cutting on quality. Ill take the 50 pound statue thank you very much

Bodie

bowen crap? seriously? you just lost all credibility!

and solid statues are pointless and way too heavy. Just get this if weight matters that much too you.

XNBSTJbrick_attitude3910.jpg

Bodie

:exactly:Weight Matters

bowen crap? seriously? you just lost all credibility!

and solid statues are pointless and way too heavy. Just get this if weight matters that much too you.

XNBSTJbrick_attitude3910.jpg

Since when you just start collecting? Bowen it's been around than you think. Bowen ain't crap.

Last edited:
If you're not gonna buy it just say so instead of picking the stupidest things to 'put you off'.

Unless you're hoping to use this as a hulk shaped doorstop I don't think it really matters that it's hollow:gah:

I can't wait till this badboy goes up so I can be one step closer to owning this work of art.

If you're not gonna buy it just say so instead of picking the stupidest things to 'put you off'.

Unless you're hoping to use this as a hulk shaped doorstop I don't think it really matters that it's hollow:gah:

I can't wait till this badboy goes up so I can be one step closer to owning this work of art.

You planning on buying this direct from SS?

I really hope it's a solid sculpt.

Back