The Scarlet Witch Comiquette - TO ORDER REGULAR - Link in 1st Post

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I all ready know of someone canceling Venom and it's from the Con but that has a lower ES than both these gals :naughty

To early to tell.... must rest. Going to the Dagobah system.

If you guys are interested, here's a video I did to show some of the prints I have. There's some J Scott Campbell, AH! (Exclusives), Mark Brooks and more. Enjoy.

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/eVJm1gs20oA&hl=en&fs=1&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/eVJm1gs20oA&hl=en&fs=1&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>​

I think you guys on the wait list for Wanda are going to have a hard time getting her converted, Black Queen is a higher ES and people can hardly even get that exclusive, same goes for Mystique.
It's $80 or so more expensive than the Black Queen so you never know. I don't hold out much hope myself. Dammit too as she is one of my favourite female characters and the print is far superiour to any of the AH ones.

wow thankfully i got my order in at comic con since i was running around my office fixing IT stuff here that i would have completely missed this PPO

your order from CC is for the regular, they weren't offering the exclusive at CC

Re: The Scarlet Witch Comiquette - ORDER REGULAR NOW!! - Link in 1st Post

Did the same thing to me, bro! I had no problems logging on or ordering...just that it took a few second longer to bring up my order page.

I initially thought "WTF?!?" :mad: but then saw my SSC email with my order confirmation number. :D

Glad to hear that you got one! :rock
Thanks, man. You too. I'm pretty geeked about it...it was my first big PPO event, so I'm glad I managed to pull one out. I wanted to try for Venom too, but couldn't be at the computer.

Re: The Scarlet Witch Comiquette - ORDER REGULAR NOW!! - Link in 1st Post

Thanks, man. You too. I'm pretty geeked about it...it was my first big PPO event, so I'm glad I managed to pull one out. I wanted to try for Venom too, but couldn't be at the computer.

Thanks, bro!

I have to say that I was pretty psyched that I nabbed a SW EX. I'm on the waitlist for Venom but I think I'll just go with a reg edition. :D

You're Wrong.

did they have the regs too? because I ordered SW at the show. The price on the little digital display thingie reflected the reg pricing, so I just assumed this was the reg. They haven't showed up in my ss account yet. is it possible i ordered the exclusive and didn't even know it?

Damn, I just got all paranoid. My orders from SDCC still aren't showing up on my account and I couldn't locate my order forms from the show, which include the SW.

Finally found them after a good 30 minute search. Last year I had to call one sheet in because SS had no record of it and it was good thing I kept them.

did they have the regs too? because I ordered SW at the show. The price on the little digital display thingie reflected the reg pricing, so I just assumed this was the reg. They haven't showed up in my ss account yet. is it possible i ordered the exclusive and didn't even know it?

I made sure I told Melissa that whatever I ordered, make it an exclusive if an option. She knew what I meant and just put "exclu" after each item whether there was an Ex or not. :lol

You have to ask specifically but you can order Exclusives at Comic Con of course.

They will prevent selling more than half of the edition size so that the rest of us who can't go have a chance but this is USUALLY not likely because whatever WE MAY THINK, statistically there aren't enough people willing to pay that much for statues to really sell out these exclusives.

Also, Sideshow doesn't really advertise or announce the exclusives like the regular versions so unless you specifically ask, it is really "under the radar" for many at the show.

I think they might have announced edition sizes in the past but this became more and more problematic.

Example: you unveil Doctor Doom at Comic Con with an edition size of say 300 or so. You severely miscalculate demand and interest (they're human, they make mistakes once in awhile) and the statue quickly becomes product of the show. People are rioting for one. Demand far outstrips supply. They are forced to actually UP the edition size with the predictable backlash.

Solution? Don't announce edition size immediately, charge a deposit for super pricey items, and that will keep flippers somewhat at bay so that people who actually LOVE the statues have a fair chance at them.

There's no perfect solution but I am supportive of Sideshow's new policies as I think they are as fair as they can make them.

Remember that for Mecha Zangief for instance, there were probably only 60 or so since it's not a stretch of the imagination for 10-15 to have bee presold at the show.

Can you imagine the sheer feeding frenzy if they had announced the edition size AT COMIC CON??? The only reason I knew things were going to be crazy was because Jerry let slip on statueforum.com on one of the threads that the edition size was going to be the "lowest" he'd ever done. Coming from a guy who released only 125 of Shin Akuma, that got my attention fast. I guessed 75 to 100 and prepared myself for Thursday and was lucky enough to get one (when the edition size is 100 or less, it doesn't really matter how fast you order or how fast your Internet connection, it is basically a lottery).

Hope that clears up the "exclusive at comic con" business.

Dennis

Back