The Sideshow Freaks Fitness Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, here are my progress pics. I'm far from where I want to be, but i'm happy with the progress I've made in the last 20 months or so.

This was Christmas 07, I believe, but I looked the same when I started in August 08.

These were taken in July 09:

These were taken yesterday:

Thank you, Skiman! You're contributions to this thread(and everyone elses for that matter) have helped me out a lot.

Tried my first Quinoa (Keen-wah) last night. Never going back to brown rice again. This stuff is amazing. Look it up if you're looking for something new.

Quinoa is amazing. It is (mostly) easy to prepare, very versatile, very healthy, and very tasty. Just make sure to thoroughly rinse it before boiling. And, if you replace some of the water with organic chicken broth, it really adds to the flavor.

We buy truRoots organic quinoa. :joy

I'll give that stuff a shot as well. Does it have to be bought at a health food store or can it be bought at a supermarket?

Nice healthy snack.
2dm85mg.jpg

Funny thing about that is, he lost a good 70% of the protien.

Yes,
I just recently learned about Quinoa thanks to a movie called "El Regalo de pachamama"-The gift from Pachamama (mother earth)
about the Quechuas and how they consider it sacred...
Gotta see if Trader Joes carries it...

BTW, at last!!
I started last night with the Insanity workout...
man, I just did the Fit Test, about 25 minutes of different high cardio and core exercises... it kicked my ass!!!
It's a 2 month program, so let's see how that goes!!
:rock!!!

I read about Quinoa a few months ago in "Fight" magazine. I went and tried some and really liked it. Just haven't remembered to grab any at the grocery store lately.

Just swam twenty laps, came home and made myself some brown rice and two turkey dogs. Just downed my gallon for the day. :drink

Can't see the pic...

What Ski said...

Been slacking on working out hard core. Just sticking to push-ups, sit ups and resistance bands as well as running.

Feel good and still maintaining a healthy eating habit. Going to probably do this for a week longer then hit the gym again in the mornings.

Back