The Walking Dead - TV Series on AMC ( Comic and Un-aired Spoilers unwelcome!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good episode. Sad to see Merel go. I wonder who's next....

and :lol when Meryl shot Ben.

Last edited:
Haven't watched Talking Dead yet, but here is my take on Merle this episode.

Merle realizes he won't ever belong to the group, but he knows his brother is forever apart of this group. He knows what a sick freak the Governor is. He knows he isn't going to honor any deal about Michonne even if they hand her over. They'll just kill the delivery boys and take Michonne back to the torture chamber.

So Merle realizes the best way to help group (and mainly his brother) is a suicide mission. Take out as many of the Governor's men as he can and even the Governor himself if given the chance. But he builds in a fail-safe backup. He takes Michonne like he is really going to hand her over (even though he doesn't plan to at all). He knows Daryl will follow after him. He'll run across Michonne heading back to the prison but continue after Merle.

Actually, this is partially wrong. And to be fair you hadn't seen Talking Dead when you posted this.

On TTD, Gregory Nicotero said Merle's original intention was to deliver Michonne to the Governor because he felt he had to do the dirty work that Rick couldn't do. Merle knew that Rick would change his mind. Remember when he told Rick, "you ain't got the spine for it."

It wasn't a planned out suicide mission nor was Michonne a fail-safe backup. Nicotero said Merle "has a turn of conscience" and tells her to get out of the car during the driving scene.

Basically, Merle went from having to do the piss work himself to having a change of heart and coming up with a new plan on the fly.

That'd be my guess. He gave his blessing now, 'cause he ain't gonna make it to the wedding.

SnakeDoc

Plus he had that line that went something like, "what I wouldn't do for you girls" when they were praying.

I actually thought this was a mis-direct from the writers. With previous death episodes (Lori, T-dog, even axel) the writers would throw the character in qustion some screen time bones and get us to know some more about them and empathize with them.

I didnt see any spoiler info previous to this episode but I knew there was buzz about a major character death. I saw those scenes and thought... uh oh Herschel's going away. THrew me off the scent of the real spoiler.

if they kill off hershel i'm gonna be hoppin' mad.......:mad:

drumroll.gif

How could you be thrown off of who was going to die? In the first five minutes you knew - Meryl got to have a speech! When a B character gets 3 minutes of uninterrupted dialog, they're toast. :D

I like the way Merle went - he got to redeem himself a bit. We are likely to see some more die next week, although I think they did a very nice job setting up several of them. Maggie or Glenn could go, but so could Carol, with her speech with Merle. Herschel got a moment too with his daughters...any of those four are likely. No way Daryl or Michonne are going, same for Carl. I'm betting Andrea makes it through too, at least for now.

Can't wait for next week!

I too will miss Myyyxrle (spelled correctly with the silent x most leave out of his name)

It's interesting that that pic got out. AMC didn't send out screeners to press, soooooo. . .

:panic:

It was an inside job. Glenn Mazarra taking his revenge??? :lol

Luckily the pic didn't finish loading as I scrolled past it and saw people freaking out about it, so I couldn't tell who it was.

that pic was posted here since Monday, by V!ctor who posted the spoiler picture.

so it was here since Monday.

I saw it without knowing what it was because V!ctor didn't say what the pic was about, He gave no warning.

Edit: here is the original post with the spoiling picture that eventually ruined it for everyone .

A spoiler that did not warn what it was about. I went to the link and was spoiled and ruined it for me (Since Monday)

but It was under spoiler tags so I guess it didn't matter for anyone else, Even though Victor gave no warning what the picture was actually about (And how it obviously came to be from the actual episode) Victor's post was not deleted because it was in "Spoiler tags"

When I saw it Monday, really made me wonder how that picture got out in the first place.

03-18-2013, 07:58 PM
i did. she so damn dumb ja ja ja ja

oh and not do with holden pics, no nudes crazy

k2yKZ.png

zC0b6.png

and,

Good episode this week, but they said next week they're killing off 27 characters. Don't know which ones , but it'll be interesting to see.

Punishment1218 this needs to be put in spoiler tags. This should not be posted out in the open.

This is a big spoiler that should not be allowed to be seen. Spoilers are forbidden here.

Last edited:
just put em in the spoiler things. no biggie I read em as much as I can, lol.

now where's em road kill zombies, dog, cat, tiger, etc.

Back