Things I Hate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DYI network!

I hate the budget mess in California completely FUBARing public education...our district is forcing schools to go into 'overflow' because they have pink-slipped so many teachers. This means that each classroom just went from 30/1 to 34/1. This also means that overflow students usually have a very high mobility rate because they are bused all around the district and/or are late transfers. Once a spot opens up at a closer school, the parents pull them from one school to transfer. My classroom alone has loss/gained 8 students since the beginning of January.

Sure, I get paid more for the overflow students, but my classroom is packed, short on supplies, books in my classroom library are disappearing as the kids move, and these new students are far below academic standards; two of these kids read below a 3rd grade level in 5th grade. It takes 2-3 weeks to get a student enrolled in the READ 180 intervention class, so it is impossible to help these kids dramatically before state testing. :slap

RANT:
All the people who argue for school/teacher accountability, how is it fair or accurate to punish me as a teacher or label my school as "Failing" when when these new students do not perform "Proficient" on the California Standardized Assessment in April? Seriously, is it accurate or rational to expect me to get these low students to grade level proficiency in six weeks and if I don't my school goes into "program improvement"?
:mad:

Yeah, the system as a whole is a mess.

DYI network!

I hate the budget mess in California completely FUBARing public education...our district is forcing schools to go into 'overflow' because they have pink-slipped so many teachers. This means that each classroom just went from 30/1 to 34/1. This also means that overflow students usually have a very high mobility rate because they are bused all around the district and/or are late transfers. Once a spot opens up at a closer school, the parents pull them from one school to transfer. My classroom alone has loss/gained 8 students since the beginning of January.

Sure, I get paid more for the overflow students, but my classroom is packed, short on supplies, books in my classroom library are disappearing as the kids move, and these new students are far below academic standards; two of these kids read below a 3rd grade level in 5th grade. It takes 2-3 weeks to get a student enrolled in the READ 180 intervention class, so it is impossible to help these kids dramatically before state testing. :slap

RANT:
All the people who argue for school/teacher accountability, how is it fair or accurate to punish me as a teacher or label my school as "Failing" when when these new students do not perform "Proficient" on the California Standardized Assessment in April? Seriously, is it accurate or rational to expect me to get these low students to grade level proficiency in six weeks and if I don't my school goes into "program improvement"?
:mad:

If anyone is to blame for the mess of public education......it's the state governments.

Our system is overcrowding our schools simply because they want to build one BIG grade school to put them all in, so, make the kids miserable, upset the parents so they'll vote for a new school. New school means grant money, which means the administration can skim off it. They aren't fooling anyone.

I have a leak in my roof. :mad: Not a bad one, thankfully, and it's on the flat portion of my roof - so hopefully it will be an easy fix. I'm going to try and fix it myself.....*fingers crossed because we are getting more rain tomorrow.

Better try to fix this yourself or call a roofer ASAP! Last thing you want is mold starting to grow...then you'll have a big problem :lecture

Better try to fix this yourself or call a roofer ASAP! Last thing you want is mold starting to grow...then you'll have a big problem :lecture

I did a temporary fix today...I'll find out tomorrow when it starts raining, if it worked. If not, I'll be calling a roofer first thing.

Perhaps ironically - the term 'hater', and 'haters gonna hate' - very misused around here to describe or refer to anyone who has a criticism of something. Having a criticism does not equal 'hate'

A ****** by any other name is still a ******.
The doucher that poses here as a "collector" & UFC "fan" is also on SF just by a different name, douching it up.

When people post random nonsense like "I don't get Hot Toys" into the Forum Questions & Suggestions section.

When people put down comments like "This sculpt is amateurish, nothing special about it" when they have no ____ing idea how to sculpt in the first place. Especially when it's said on someone who you know sculpted the piece is an extremely talented sculptor.

Gay marriage
Girls under 12 hitting their period. (damn hormones/antibiotics in meat/milk etc. etc.)
Getting up to piss in the middle of the night
Retail chains/Restaurants or anyone paying their employees shyyt in this DAY AND AGE.
20 something modern males
Dry heaving

Last edited:
Gay marriage
Girls under 12 hitting their period. (damn hormones/antibiotics in meat/milk etc. etc.)
Getting up to piss in the middle of the night
Retail chains/Restaurants or anyone paying their employees shyyt in this DAY AND AGE.
20 something modern males
Dry heaving

I started my period at the age of 10 long before there were any of those things. Some of it's hereditary as my mother and her mother were early starters too.

Boo on the gay marriage hatin'. :mad:

My roof is still leaking. :gah: :monkey2 I really hope a roofer can come this week and try to fix it. So much for that damn rubber sealant.

Sanctimonious windbags who seek to impose their morals on other collectors in threads in which they have no interest. Rather than say their piece and move on, they hang around like crap on a carpet, provoking off-topic and uncivil discussion that ends up getting the thread closed.

Back