Things I Hate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, my mom has a serial killer obsession as well. Whenever I'm spending time with her, she's watching some 20/20 or Dateline special about a murderers and she has tons of the books. If I'm ever murdered, she should probably hide all that stuff.

Oh yeah my mom has stacks of books to. :lol

I'd think another factor is that with all the dense forests, there are a lot of hiding spots for bodies. Pretty morbid, but that's my theory.

I'd think another factor is that with all the dense forests, there are a lot of hiding spots for bodies. Pretty morbid, but that's my theory.

That could be true too......lots of hiding spots and forested areas that get little to no traffic at all.

There's a lot of seasonal depression up here. Winter sucks.

Not a lot of murders, but the ones that happen are usually abnormal.

We've had more murders in the last 5 months than we had all of 2011. I think the number is up to 48 already. In 2011 I think it was around 20. Many shootings seem to be stupid people arguing...one pulls out a gun and starts firing and it's usually innocent bystanders that get hit.

Edit - I was wrong - homicide number is at 19 so far...but shootings are at 48.

Last edited:
Years ago my wife and I went on a roadtrip in the Pacific Northwest and we decided to bring my mom and whenever we drove through the forests my mom said she pictured the X-Files theme and the Tales from the Darkside theme in her head. Yes my mom was tripping and had some imagination on her. :slap

Here is the Tales from the Darkside theme just in case you dont remember the show.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw-NMlfa5Aw[/ame]

We've had more murders in the last 5 months than we had all of 2011. I think the number is up to 48 already. In 2011 I think it was around 20. Many shootings seem to be stupid people arguing...one pulls out a gun and starts firing and it's usually innocent bystanders that get hit.

Edit - I was wrong - homicide number is at 19 so far...but shootings are at 48.

14 murders in Lewiston from 2000 to 2010. Population at the end of 2010 was 41,592.

well the way I see it, your errands can wait, anything can wait, is better to be alive and have stuff to do tomorrow than doing that stuff today and getting shot,

Considering this guy was wandering through neighborhoods - I'd probably be safer on the move than in a home where there is the possibility he could try to break in. But I see your point. I just feel safer on the move. I own no weapons - I don't even have a proper steak knife. :lol Someone breaks into my house - well there's not much I could do but hope I can get out the other door fast enough and start running down the street. My little dog would probably try to bite him but he wouldn't last long in a fight....I'd have to save my dog and then run for the door. At least in my car I can speed away or try to run the guy over while keeping my head down.

But you know what - sadly, stuff like this is happening more and more often. Just last week a father was picking up his family at the airport and driving home. Two guys were arguing, one pulled out a gun and fired as the father was driving by. He got hit by a stray bullet and died...with his family in the car. Another guy was walking in a park and got hit by a stray bullet..he lived. A woman who just moved here was leaving a bar and got hit by a stray bullet and she died. It can happen anywhere and at any time....You just got to try and be aware of your surroundings at all times but you got to keep living your life.

this idiot intern just walked into my office, looked at my stormie, and remarked that it looked like his kenner 12 inch stormie he got when he was a kid.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Seattle is starting to sound like Salinas. Let me guess, the cops are running around holding their dicks because they're clueless on how to stop it, right? :lol

There's going to be a big meeting regarding the rise of gun violence and what should be done about it. Much of it is gang related...I'm not sure what can be done. With some of those shootings the killer has gotten away and anyone who may know something about it is keeping quiet. Plus they are so random...some at night...some in the middle of the day...As a community people need to not be afraid to speak out when they have information on these crimes.

There's going to be a big meeting regarding the rise of gun violence and what should be done about it. Much of it is gang related...I'm not sure what can be done. With some of those shootings the killer has gotten away and anyone who may know something about it is keeping quiet. Plus they are so random...some at night...some in the middle of the day...As a community people need to not be afraid to speak out when they have information on these crimes.

Yup sounds like Salinas. Salinas was so egotistical they turned down assistance from Special Forces to help train them in dealing with what is essentially an insurgency. Gang violence still continues to cause casualties on a daily basis and the police are still absolutely clueless as to how to deal with it.

Back