Things I Hate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol :lol

I can only eat cereal when it's crunchy. So I have to eat it fast. As soon as it gets soft I have to throw it away. :lol

:yuck :monkey4

That sounds absolutely disgusting!

Warning, this video is kind of gross. May not want to watch if you have a weak stomach.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UInIYi167dA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UInIYi167dA[/ame]

Last edited:
I can see if you are in a competition...soggy bread would be quicker to down and probably wouldn't fill you up as fast as dry bread would...but still gross!

I couldn't watch all of that - I've got to go to work soon and I don't want to be nauseated. :lol

What do they get out of it? Is the prize that big?

A day full of gluttony at the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest could score you:

First Place: $10,000
Second Place: $5,000
Third Place: $2,500
Fourth Place: $1,500
Fifth Place: $1,000

Though you'll probably spend that on antacids. :lol

I hate that I may have to cut down one of my trees. It just never bounced back after the ice storm. I thought it might make it...it got leaves this spring...but it never got blossoms and the leaves have since all dried up and fallen off. It's not looking very good. I'm going to give it until next spring. I hope it survives.

I hate that I may have to cut down one of my trees. It just never bounced back after the ice storm. I thought it might make it...it got leaves this spring...but it never got blossoms and the leaves have since all dried up and fallen off. It's not looking very good. I'm going to give it until next spring. I hope it survives.

I transplanted a tree for my niece last summer, and against all odds, it got leaves this spring.

I looked at it last week and Japanese beetles have destroyed it.

I've had this Japanese maple tree for years, but now there is these white pods or fungus cotton like substance that seems to be killing it. I really want to save it because it is beautiful and it was one of my mom's favorites before she died in 2010.

Jen, how's the bark on it. Is it loose or pealing off? If it is, it's dying.

One of my front trees is doing this. :(

Jen, how's the bark on it. Is it loose or pealing off? If it is, it's dying.

One of my front trees is doing this. :(

It did lose some bark...but nothing in quite some time. Actually the bark was loose and when touched it, a big chunk fell off and there were a ton of earwigs underneath. They freaked me out...I hate masses of any kind of insect. I got the hose and drowned them...then I found out they weren't hurting the tree at all..just eating the decayed part. Sorry earwigs....but you usually should not congregate in groups greater than 5.

It did lose some bark...but nothing in quite some time. Actually the bark was loose and when touched it, a big chunk fell off and there were a ton of earwigs underneath. They freaked me out...I hate masses of any kind of insect. I got the hose and drowned them...then I found out they weren't hurting the tree at all..just eating the decayed part. Sorry earwigs....but you usually should not congregate in groups greater than 5.

I'm pretty sure it's dying then. Earwigs are a pain. They actually like water though to a certain extent. I had a nest of them at the base of one of my trees and my brother told me to boil water and dump down it. They sounded like rice crispies when you pour on the milk and they came swarming out and up the tree. Some were just little baby ones and some were huge! I just left them be. I was afraid they'd swarm me or something. Those butt pinchers hurt like hell!

I'm pretty sure it's dying then. Earwigs are a pain. They actually like water though to a certain extent. I had a nest of them at the base of one of my trees and my brother told me to boil water and dump down it. They sounded like rice crispies when you pour on the milk and they came swarming out and up the tree. Some were just little baby ones and some were huge! I just left them be. I was afraid they'd swarm me or something. Those butt pinchers hurt like hell!

:monkey2

It was such a pretty tree with magenta colored flowers..almost like cherry blossoms. It's a young tree...I could wrap my hands all the way around the trunk. I'm not giving up on it though. I can be stubborn that way.

:monkey2

It was such a pretty tree with magenta colored flowers..almost like cherry blossoms. It's a young tree...I could wrap my hands all the way around the trunk. I'm not giving up on it though. I can be stubborn that way.

I wouldn't either. I have no idea how much a tree surgeon would cost you.

I've had this Japanese maple tree for years, but now there is these white pods or fungus cotton like substance that seems to be killing it. I really want to save it because it is beautiful and it was one of my mom's favorites before she died in 2010.

have you tried putting some anti-fungal cream on it?
seriously, i think i overheard some garden owners doing stuff like that.

Back