Things I Hate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How does this work with legalities because nobody under the age of 18 is responsible, nor obligated to honor a monetary transaction? :confused:

They're parents are responsible I guess. They have to have their permission. But I see all kinds of ways for this to be abused.

I hate that eBay is now going to let kids under 18 set up accounts.

How does this work with legalities because nobody under the age of 18 is responsible, nor obligated to honor a monetary transaction? :confused:

Are you serious?
Mister NAMsan is right, I can just see the amount of fake listings and the amount of fake bids....
Oh God....:gah:

They're parents are responsible I guess. They have to have their permission. But I see all kinds of ways for this to be abused.

Are you serious?
Mister NAMsan is right, I can just see the amount of fake listings and the amount of fake bids....
Oh God....:gah:

Yup, regardless of whether or not they have parental permission, any transaction's validity will depend entirely upon parental discretion. So if a kid buys that $200 HT figure and mommy decides (or the kid blames mommy) to demand a refund, legally, the seller's left holding their balls and having to refund the cash and take the item back. Or vice versa if sold something like a grail, having to return it and accept a refund. I really don't see how this is going to work.

I hate the idiots that troll the commerce threads. I deleted my Doom PF for sale thread simply because of the idiotic PMs that I was bombarded with. :cuckoo:

Let me rephrase that...I hate idiots that troll the commerce thread and eBay. I deleted my Doom PF for sale thread because of idiotic PMs, listed Doom on eBay, and now am getting bombarded with idiotic emails through eBay. :dunno

I put this nice and bold on my eBay auction:
"Due to an increase in problems with international shipping, this auction is ONLY available to United States. I also will NOT sell outside of eBay."

Anyone want to take a guess how many people I have had email me asking for shipping quotes to X country or asking me to cancel the auction and sell it to them for less? :slap

The best one was the Italian guy who asked me to "show him kindness and make an exception" and then lectured me when I told him no and posted his question on the auction.

Let me rephrase that...I hate idiots that troll the commerce thread and eBay. I deleted my Doom PF for sale thread because of idiotic PMs, listed Doom on eBay, and now am getting bombarded with idiotic emails through eBay. :dunno

"Due to an increase in problems with international shipping, this auction is ONLY available to United States. I also will NOT sell outside of eBay."

Anyone want to take a guess how many people I have had email me asking for shipping quotes to X country or asking me to cancel the auction and sell it to them for less? :slap

The best one was the Italian guy who asked me to "show him kindness and make an exception" and then lectured me when I told him no and posted his question on the auction.

this is funny lol

I always make them look stupid. "Please read item description."

Sometimes I don't understand if its the languagr barrier or are they really that insulting to not listen to the restrictions.

I get this a lot here on the boards as well via pm.

Ski

Sent from my SkiPCS8100 using Skiatalk

Sometimes I don't understand if its the language barrier or are they really that insulting to not listen to the restrictions.
I get this a lot here on the boards as well via pm.
Ski

I think they feel entitled because I specifically checked No International shipping or they are just idiots. At least on eBay I am not getting asked to lower the price 10-20% or take multiple trades like I was on here. I don't remember it being as annoying trying to sell on the boards 4-5 years ago but maybe I am just being grouchy. :dunno

I am now at 9 email requests through eBay with most of them from Europe. The guy in Italy obviously knew enough of the language to ask me to "show him kindness" and "make an exception". Here is a copy of the email me sent me when I told him no and posted his question on the auction:
I preferred exception instead...and I ask you the same! Why post request on auction rude? Thanks for the kindness usually respond when someone greets.

I got an email from someone in Croatia last night, "Please kindly give me USPS Priority Mail International total to Croatia. You lower value for VAT?" and I am not even replying.

PS: I have to give kudos to our neighbors to the North in Canada...they know how to read restrictions because I have not had a single Canadian PM/email me. I normally would sell it to you guys, but the package is very heavy/big and I can't get signature requirement on it. :1-1:

I think they feel entitled because I specifically checked No International shipping or they are just idiots. At least on eBay I am not getting asked to lower the price 10-20% or take multiple trades like I was on here. I don't remember it being as annoying trying to sell on the boards 4-5 years ago but maybe I am just being grouchy. :dunno

I am now at 9 email requests through eBay with most of them from Europe. The guy in Italy obviously knew enough of the language to ask me to "show him kindness" and "make an exception". Here is a copy of the email me sent me when I told him no and posted his question on the auction:
I preferred exception instead...and I ask you the same! Why post request on auction rude? Thanks for the kindness usually respond when someone greets.

I got an email from someone in Croatia last night, "Please kindly give me USPS Priority Mail International total to Croatia. You lower value for VAT?" and I am not even replying.

PS: I have to give kudos to our neighbors to the North in Canada...they know how to read restrictions because I have not had a single Canadian PM/email me. I normally would sell it to you guys, but the package is very heavy/big and I can't get signature requirement on it. :1-1:

Ahh I see, yea I see what you are saying there my friend. The more and more I get PM's or e-mails from FB, Blog, etc... that do have the language barrier dilemma it's almost like no one has manners whenever it comes to those cases or they come off as demanding as well.

Examples: "I pay half today and whenever you are finished you tell me, ok!"

"How busy, can fast you turn around on this piece, let me know ASAP."

I will be honest here, once I read items, statements like these it's just a red flag and I dismiss them immediately. I'd hate to be rude so I just don't reply, I don't really deal with bargain barn or wheel deal people often or really hear out cases as such. It's pretty much the fine print and that's all there is.

Ski

Ahh I see, yea I see what you are saying there my friend. The more and more I get PM's or e-mails from FB, Blog, etc... that do have the language barrier dilemma it's almost like no one has manners whenever it comes to those cases or they come off as demanding as well.

Examples: "I pay half today and whenever you are finished you tell me, ok!"

"How busy, can fast you turn around on this piece, let me know ASAP."

I will be honest here, once I read items, statements like these it's just a red flag and I dismiss them immediately. I'd hate to be rude so I just don't reply, I don't really deal with bargain barn or wheel deal people often or really hear out cases as such. It's pretty much the fine print and that's all there is.

Ski

Ski, could you paint my Hobbits for me? $5 each, free shipping? Thanks! :)

Someone say something? :huh

Ski :D

:mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha

I don't even bother to reply. If they then post on a thread asking if I got their PM, then would be a good time to ask them to read the description. Public humiliation.

If they ask it on the auction page though, instead of over messages. That way their question is answered for the world to see their stupidity.

I know how you feel. I get the exact same annoying garbage.

I hate it when I sit down to watch the wife play Skyrim and end up eating an entire 8 oz bag of beef jerky and half of her bag of Oreos. :sick

Last edited:
Back