Things I Hate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW! :lol And people think the first one sucked. :rotfl

I actually liked the first one,except for the role of Dracula.

Cruise is going to produce it, so of course the lead role will go to him. I have a feeling he's going to be in a lot of movies coming up. Most of which will make us cringe.

He's also doing Top Gun 2.

I actually liked the first one,except for the role of Dracula.

Cruise is going to produce it, so of course the lead role will go to him. I have a feeling he's going to be in a lot of movies coming up. Most of which will make us cringe.

He's also doing Top Gun 2.

The theatre attendees in general (myself included) :lol'd at his wannabe Driver/Jason Bourne preview before Expendables 2 this weekend. He's trying too hard to be something he's not. :lol

I know you are going in the direction of animal rights ie vegetarianism on this, but an animal needs to respect other people's property.

Maybe you should affix a copy of your home ownership contract near their nest. It could simply be a matter that the wasps are unaware that you have territorial priority with respect to that particular chunk of God's earth.

Maybe you should affix a copy of your home ownership contract near their nest. It could simply be a matter that the wasps are unaware that you have territorial priority with respect to that particular chunk of God's earth.

Wasps can see that there is an artificial dwelling there and they know humans live in it. It would be different if the wasps were in a tree. Then there could be some misunderstanding.

Wasps can see that there is an artificial dwelling there and they know humans live in it. It would be different if the wasps were in a tree. Then there could be some misunderstanding.

You seem to be assuming a lot about the territorial and nesting behaviour of wasps. Rather than adopt a 'shock and awe' approach to removing what you perceive to be a deliberate and aggressive occupation of your dwelling - which appears not to be effective, based on the number of instances that you've had to engage them - perhaps you could employ a more lateral solution, for example:

https://www.epestsupply.com/waspinator.php
You do have to remove existing nests first for this to be effective though, and in this case murdering these creatures and destroying their home is required.

waspinator-buy-one-get-one-free-832-p.jpg

Not be confused with:

r_waspinator008.jpg

It's not hypocrisy to treat animals by the same standards as humans, but it does bring up the fact that animals have no moral sense.

Applying moral standards to their behavior is missing the point.

Those hornets kill honey bees, which we need to survive. Kill those bastards!

Years ago I ragged on a mate for not having the balls to dispatch a nest of baby Indian Mynas that had set up camp in his roof gutter. These introduced birds invade the nests of native birds, destroying their eggs whilst laying their own.

Then a family of Mynas set up camp in my birdhouse. I found that, confronted with the baby Mynas' cheeps, I didn't have the balls to dispatch of them myself. I put the birdhouse and its baby Indian Mynas at ground level, walked away and left the dirty work to my cat.

It shames me to this day. But at least I have since grown a pair. Every spring any of those sons of b***es who occupy my birdhouse get a bucket of water and a heavyweight.

Its not hypocrisy. I treat animals about the same as I do people. Surely you understand the distinction between killing in self defense and killing someone for fun or to eat them.

So given they only sting/bite humans in defense of themselves and their home, that still makes you a hypocrite for destroying them and their nest. :huh

Years ago I ragged on a mate for not having the balls to dispatch a nest of baby Indian Mynas that had set up camp in his roof gutter. These introduced birds invade the nests of native birds, destroying their eggs whilst laying their own.

Then a family of Mynas set up camp in my birdhouse. I found that, confronted with the baby Mynas' cheeps, I didn't have the balls to dispatch of them myself. I put the birdhouse and its baby Indian Mynas at ground level, walked away and left the dirty work to my cat.

It shames me to this day. But at least I have since grown a pair. Every spring any of those sons of b***es who occupy my birdhouse get a bucket of water and a heavyweight.

The British gave us house sparrows. Though I don't do anything to them, I know they're a plague to other birds, like Blue Jays.

I couldn't do what you did. I just couldn't. I'm not saying you did wrong, I just couldn't.

I don't have balls. :D

The British gave us house sparrows. Though I don't do anything to them, I know they're a plague to other birds, like Blue Jays.

I couldn't do what you did. I just couldn't. I'm not saying you did wrong, I just couldn't.

I don't have balls. :D

Australia has a habit of importing species that end up running riot because they have no natural predators. In 1935 we introduced 102 Cane Toads because beetles were causing problems for sugar cane farmers. Now they occupy huge swathes of the Top End, about 10% of the country, and nobody knows how to stop them spreading. The Indian Myna was introduced to keep insect numbers down - but they too have become a threat to local biodiversity.

That's how I overcame my aversion to killing things... I realised that it was my patriotic duty to protect native species. But yeah, I do it cleanly, no more cats. That ain't right.

So given they only sting/bite humans in defense of themselves and their home, that still makes you a hypocrite for destroying them and their nest. :huh

Only if their home isn't on my property. If "their" home is on my property, it is my home. Thus, they are unlawfully occupying my home, squatting, trespassing, ect.

As I understand it, wasps emit a pheromone that alerts other wasps that a target needs to be attacked. It's similar to Africanized honey bees, but they don't have to die to release it (although, if you kill one, they will emit; proximity to the nest will determine whether or not the swarm reacts).

Further, the venom of a wasp sting compounds in the body as more stings are inflicted. The second sting exacerbates the effects of the first, etc. I'm wondering how many stings would be necessary to put a non-allergic person into anaphylactic shock.

I read that they are #1 in kills globally, as far as venomous insects are concerned.

We have alot of hornets around here. Not so much wasps. If it doesn't have fuzz on it, KILL IT!

Never kill anything that looks like a bee that has a fuzzy body. Those are useful and needed. If you find a nest of them, call someone. In Ohio, it's illegal to kill off a bee's nest. They'll come move it.

Back