Things I Hate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dccb12a75cfdca57f8c45a8d352b689d.gif

I'm not. A lot of my friends are republicans. They also have no tolerance for opinions other then their own. It's annoying.

I'm not. A lot of my friends are republicans. They also have no tolerance for opinions other then their own. It's annoying.

Both sides are like that, though in my experience, conservatives will bombard you with a list of semi-relevant facts whereas liberals take the childish route and find the littlest, stupidest, most off-topic thing to troll (like Big Bird and Binders). :lol

Both sides are like that

:lecture:exactly:

It's the nature of a two-party adversarial system of government. Right now Australia's centre-left government has implemented a climate-change policy that is pretty much identical to the one proposed by the previous centre-right government, and which the centre-right in opposition is now trying to paint as being an extreme left policy :cuckoo:

Both sides are like that, though in my experience, conservatives will bombard you with a list of semi-relevant facts whereas liberals take the childish route and find the littlest, stupidest, most off-topic thing to troll (like Big Bird and Binders). :lol

You gave the conservatives the semi praise, and bashed the liberals. That's my problem.

There is no middle ground. If you go A, B Sucks, if you go B, A Sucks.

There's no...."Yeah, I disagree, but I get where you're coming from."

Outside of maybe 3 or 4 people, I have very little liberal friends. Which is fine. But my issue is, most of them have zero tolerance, or tact with their opinions, and it makes listening to them unnerving, and terrifying.

But ultimately, It is what it is. I don't attack anyone for what they believe, unless it's hateful, or racist. There's something different there. But if they don't want abortion, fine. That's their belief, and who the hell am I to say other wise. Just wish they'd show the same respect for me.

You gave the conservatives the semi praise, and bashed the liberals. That's my problem.

There is no middle ground. If you go A, B Sucks, if you go B, A Sucks.

There's no...."Yeah, I disagree, but I get where you're coming from."

Outside of maybe 3 or 4 people, I have very little liberal friends. Which is fine. But my issue is, most of them have zero tolerance, or tact with their opinions, and it makes listening to them unnerving, and terrifying.

But ultimately, It is what it is. I don't attack anyone for what they believe, unless it's hateful, or racist. There's something different there. But if they don't want abortion, fine. That's their belief, and who the hell am I to say other wise. Just wish they'd show the same respect for me.

I was pointing out the maturity level. I've had my brain worn out by repetitive conservative dribble but it wasn't childish, it was more "Ben Stein-ish." Whereas, liberal BS is mostly childish trolling, ranting, etc., usually finding some off-topic part of a statement to rant about like a 16-year-old girl on her period. Both are bull**** and annoying as ****, but polar opposites in their approach. :lol

I'm a fence sitter. I catch it from both sides. If you disagree with a Republican, then you're automatically a liberal pig.

:lol

btw....you can be a Democrat and not be a liberal.

I was pointing out the maturity level. I've had my brain worn out by repetitive conservative dribble but it wasn't childish, it was more "Ben Stein-ish." Whereas, liberal BS is mostly childish trolling, ranting, etc., usually finding some off-topic part of a statement to rant about like a 16-year-old girl on her period. Both are bull**** and annoying as ****, but polar opposites in their approach. :lol

I guess it depends on where you live.

When I get into a conservative argument, it's usually about how gay people are the scourge of the earth, and are ruining the world, and how abortion is evil, and if you disagree you're a ****ing communist *******.

But then again, I am dealing with children. But it does bug me. :lol

It sucks on both sides. That's a fact. But I only get one side. I rarely ever hear any liberal arguments from my friends.

I guess it depends on where you live.

When I get into a conservative argument, it's usually about how gay people are the scourge of the earth, and are ruining the world, and how abortion is evil, and if you disagree you're a ****ing communist *******.

But then again, I am dealing with children. But it does bug me. :lol

It sucks on both sides. That's a fact. But I only get one side. I rarely ever hear any liberal arguments from my friends.

Wait, how would you be a communist being Pro-Choice and gay? :dunno

I agree with him too but the way he says things doesn't help and only makes them more angry.

Bill Maher's show was pretty much made for Democrats. There's nothing fair about it. I occasionally (every few weeks, if that) tune in and while I too agree with him, it's obvious he's not pulling any punches and has no intention to. But then again, that's the point of the show. If you're at all familiar with Maher, you'll know his views are specifically tailored to one side only. If you happen to jive with that side, then great. If not, the show isn't even 50% suitable for you.

Wait, how would you be a communist being Pro-Choice and gay? :dunno

Well, you know... passion tends to overwhelm logic in situations like this.

Well, you know... passion tends to overwhelm logic in situations like this.

:lol I'm of the opinion that unless you've squeezed a child out of your vajayjay you have no opinion about a woman and her body and even still, have no right to tell her she's gotta carry something inside her that will forever alter her body/mind. Add that to the fact that I couldn't give two ****s or a **** if same sex people wanna hump and/or marry. I've never been called a communist and would question the integrity of someone who feels the opposite uttering that statement and failing to see how the very definition of the word is more closely associated to their "controling" views. :huh

:lol I'm of the opinion that unless you've squeezed a child out of your vajayjay you have no opinion about a woman and her body and even still, have no right to tell her she's gotta carry something inside her that will forever alter her body/mind. Add that to the fact that I couldn't give two ****s or a **** if same sex people wanna hump and/or marry. I've never been called a communist and would question the integrity of someone who feels the opposite uttering that statement and failing to see how the very definition of the word is more closely associated to their "controling" views. :huh

I'm of the same opinion and with you 100%. My reply was more about people in general (which doesn't make things any better :lol).

The thing about abortion and same-sex issues is that - and it's mostly conservatives at fault here it seems - God so often comes into the debate. The issues could be argued from both sides in terms of pure ethics, but relying on the 'word of God' is an easy fall-back for those who can't be bothered to mount a coherent defense of their attitudes. Once matters of legislation become entwined with matters of faith it opens the door for every religious crackpot to get their two cents in on just about anything you care to mention.

The thing about abortion and same-sex issues is that - and it's mostly conservatives at fault here it seems - God so often comes into the debate. The issues could be argued from both sides in terms of pure ethics, but relying on the 'word of God' is an easy fall-back for those who can't be bothered to mount a coherent defense of their attitudes. Once matters of legislation become entwined with matters of faith it opens the door for every religious crackpot to get their two cents in on just about anything you care to mention.

I always ":lol" when people bring their imaginary friends into discussions.

Back