Things I Hate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you mean I was supposed to get butt rapings by Ski?! Now I know they were intentionally screwing me. I didn't get that at all :mad: :monkey2:lol

9fv2fr.jpg

You mean 'at' Christmas. Engagement rings aren't for Christmas... are they?

Ok at Christmas :hi5:
Called them today and apparently even though they told us to our face that they wouldn't charge us for the extra days it's in our contracts that they will charge and they wont take it off. We can't even take them to court over this since they just pointed out that in our contract it says they can charge all they want and we are not allowed to go to court over it. Not like I was planning on it, but it just seems really shady that they would have that in their contract if they don't intentionally screw people over.

Last edited:
Ok at Christmas :hi5:
Called them today and apparently even though they told us to our face that they wouldn't charge us for the extra days it's in our contracts that they will charge and they wont take it off. We can't even take them to court over this since they just pointed out that in our contract it says they can charge all they want and we are not allowed to go to court over it. Not like I was planning on it, but it just seems really shady that they would have that in their contract if they don't intentionally screw people over.

I swear. You have to take everything to a lawyer this days to have it checked out.

They know people won't challenge that because of the costs. I would definately make sure everyone I know knows about how crappy they are.

I swear. You have to take everything to a lawyer this days to have it checked out.

They know people won't challenge that because of the costs. I would definately make sure everyone I know knows about how crappy they are.

Oh I will. I hate giving bad reviews, but this time I will. Also has anyone heard of a 15% administrative fee? I'm having to pay them an extra couple hundred dollars on top of everything else.

Oh I will. I hate giving bad reviews, but this time I will. Also has anyone heard of a 15% administrative fee? I'm having to pay them an extra couple hundred dollars on top of everything else.

That's a bull**** charge. If you agreed to it in your rental contract with them, you might be stuck paying it. However, if there's no clause for it in the contract, there's not a judge in the country that's worth his robe, that'd force you to pay it.

That's a bull**** charge. If you agreed to it in your rental contract with them, you might be stuck paying it. However, if there's no clause for it in the contract, there's not a judge in the country that's worth his robe, that'd force you to pay it.

Well I just found the fee in the contract. All it says is a 15 percent charge, but it doesn't say what they go off of. The only thing good that is coming out of this is I learned not to trust people and get everything written down. That way when I get told I won't be charged something they can't come back in and say well it was in your contract.

Last edited:
OMG.....what scam artists! I've never rented a place, but there should be some kind of renter's protection out there someplace.

Well I just found the fee in the contract. All it says is a 15 percent charge, but it doesn't say what they go off of. The only thing good that is coming out of this is I learned not to trust people and get everything written down. That way when I get told I won't be charged something they can't come back in and say well it was in your contract.

Challenge them to provide a full breakdown of services and charges as well as proof of spending.

I know they do have to show proof of spending for not giving you your deposit back. They have to prove they spent money fixing up what you supposedly ruined to lose your deposit.

Yeah they wouldn't talk to me about any of it today. First thing I was told was they don't have my file before I even asked any questions to the property manager. Apparently they sent it to corporate. To me that isn't a good sign since most corporations tend to screw people hard. At least from my experience. I will be asking for proof that they did send us pictures of our carpet and not anyone elses. I mean if they have lied to us already then who is to say they didn't just use old pictures that they had laying around. I read some reviews last night and everyone said if you have a pet to not tell them because they will just automatically replace your carpet even if it doesn't need it. One of the pictures they showed me was literally an entire half side of the basements carpet was "contaminated" by my dog. It was so big that I don't think I could even piss that much. My dog peed outside and was kept in one room, but they are telling us the entire place was ruined. My dog is 5 lbs and is scared to walk across the flooring we had in the kitchen so he was trapped in the living room :lol That's why I would love to see proof that it was our carpet because he never left the living room unless he went into his kennel.

I know they do have to show proof of spending for not giving you your deposit back. They have to prove they spent money fixing up what you supposedly ruined to lose your deposit.
They do the repairs and cleaning themselves so I'm not sure what kind of proof they would be able to show us. They charged us 50 dollars to "clean" the stove which was apparently dirty

They do the repairs and cleaning themselves so I'm not sure what kind of proof they would be able to show us. They charged us 50 dollars to "clean" the stove which was apparently dirty

Parts costs, hourly labor breakdowns, etc. Then once you get a list, go to a few contractors and get quotes for replacing the same stuff (parts and labor). Often times you'll find they falsified hours and marked up parts. 3rd party quotes put that into perspective and show what a professional charges. You shouldn't be paying for the fraudulent mark-ups done by a management company or the laziness of an incompetent maintenance man. Plus, if they reused parts sitting in the shop (which is illegal in some cases), you shouldn't be paying at all.

Parts costs, hourly labor breakdowns, etc. Then once you get a list, go to a few contractors and get quotes for replacing the same stuff (parts and labor). Often times you'll find they falsified hours and marked up parts. 3rd party quotes put that into perspective and show what a professional charges. You shouldn't be paying for the fraudulent mark-ups done by a management company or the laziness of an incompetent maintenance man. Plus, if they reused parts sitting in the shop (which is illegal in some cases), you shouldn't be paying at all.

Thanks! Ill have to see what I can do on Monday. They pretty much told me that it's not their problem anymore and we have to deal with corporate. Hopefully I can get something done. Honestly if they took off something I wouldn't be as upset, but it seems like they wont budge. All they kept saying was well we will send you colored pictures. I guess they believe that is more proof than just regular black and white :lol

Posting a question in a thread that hasn't seen activity in days or weeks, subsequently find someone else has posted....but not to answer your question, only to comment on some post from days or weeks ago.

Posting a question in a thread that hasn't seen activity in days or weeks, subsequently find someone else has posted....but not to answer your question, only to comment on some post from days or weeks ago.

Your post is important to us and has been placed in a queue. Your enquiry will be attended to by the next available forum member. Please hold.

Unfortunately, my sister-in-law called and said my brother is back in the hospital. His lung has filled with fluid again. She said now they think he has lung cancer but they'll be running more tests tomorrow to be sure. :(

Back