Things I Hate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately, my sister-in-law called and said my brother is back in the hospital. His lung has filled with fluid again. She said now they think he has lung cancer but they'll be running more tests tomorrow to be sure. :(

:(

News in general anymore just makes me mad. I can understand why people tune out. Staying informed usually comes at the cost of becoming cynical or depressed.

Sorry to read that Ween. I hope it turns out to be something else less serious.

Unfortunately, we just found out he has stage 4 kidney cancer. They say it seems to be contained to the kidney and not anywhere else, but they won't remove the kidney unless they can shrink it. Right now they're giving him 4 months to a year. I have no idea if that goes up with the removal of the kidney or why they have to shrink it before they remove it. My sister-in-law isn't be very helpful and when you ask her anything, she just says she doesn't know or isn't sure.

None of this shocks me because my brother has played Russian Roulette with his health since his early 20's. I feel really bad for my mother. She's not taking it well.

Stage 4. I'm sorry to read that. I hope the thing with shrinking works out. I'm not a doctor, but we have two kidneys and this seems like one of those times you take a one out.

My dad's had multiple myeloma (bone cancer) for 8 years, recently he came out of remission so the disease is progressing again. It's tough having someone you love living with cancer.

Unfortunately, we just found out he has stage 4 kidney cancer. They say it seems to be contained to the kidney and not anywhere else, but they won't remove the kidney unless they can shrink it. Right now they're giving him 4 months to a year. I have no idea if that goes up with the removal of the kidney or why they have to shrink it before they remove it. My sister-in-law isn't be very helpful and when you ask her anything, she just says she doesn't know or isn't sure.

None of this shocks me because my brother has played Russian Roulette with his health since his early 20's. I feel really bad for my mother. She's not taking it well.

I am so, so sorry, Ween. I wish there was something I could do.

Stage 4. I'm sorry to read that. I hope the thing with shrinking works out. I'm not a doctor, but we have two kidneys and this seems like one of those times you take a one out.

My dad's had multiple myeloma (bone cancer) for 8 years, recently he came out of remission so the disease is progressing again. It's tough having someone you love living with cancer.

I'm sorry about Dad. I lost my father to cancer in '97. Did he have a stem cell transplant? A friend of mine's husband had this type of cancer too and so far he's cancer free. He had the transplant.

I am so, so sorry, Ween. I wish there was something I could do.

Thanks. I know you can't, but the caring matters. :1-1:

I'm sorry about Dad. I lost my father to cancer in '97. Did he have a stem cell transplant? A friend of mine's husband had this type of cancer too and so far he's cancer free. He had the transplant.

He's 75, his health wouldn't permit such a procedure. I had an aunt who went through that process twice. It takes a lot out of even a younger person. Not everyone makes it.

As for your brother, I think he should get a second opinion on having that kidney out.

He's 75, his health wouldn't permit such a procedure. I had an aunt who went through that process twice. It takes a lot out of even a younger person. Not everyone makes it.

As for your brother, I think he should get a second opinion on having that kidney out.

Did your aunt have this too?

They'll take the kidney out if they can get it to shrink. I guess it's swelled up some. I have no idea what that has to do with taking it out, but that's what my sister-in-law is saying. My brother is still in the hospital yet and I'm gonna wait and see what is happening for sure. If it was me, I'd want it out no matter what! And I'd go to Cleveland Clinic and have them assess me.

Did your aunt have this too?

They'll take the kidney out if they can get it to shrink. I guess it's swelled up some. I have no idea what that has to do with taking it out, but that's what my sister-in-law is saying. My brother is still in the hospital yet and I'm gonna wait and see what is happening for sure. If it was me, I'd want it out no matter what! And I'd go to Cleveland Clinic and have them assess me.

She had breast cancer that metastasized, so it was a different situation. She had an young child and wanted to stick around as long as possible, she survived for about eight or nine years.

If it were me I'd get a second opinion. There's a lot of good oncology doctors that will fight more aggressively. It almost sounds like his current doc is throwing up his/her hands.

Damn Im sorry to hear about these cancer stories! It really sucks knowing a family member has something and their is nothing you can do about it. My grandmother has Alzheimers and it's honestly one of the worst things I can think of. It's like shes not even here anymore and their is not a damn thing we can do to help her. We just basically have to sit back and watch her forget everything and everyone around her.

Damn Im sorry to hear about these cancer stories! It really sucks knowing a family member has something and their is nothing you can do about it. My grandmother has Alzheimers and it's honestly one of the worst things I can think of. It's like shes not even here anymore and their is not a damn thing we can do to help her. We just basically have to sit back and watch her forget everything and everyone around her.

If they would just open up the stem cell research so maybe it could help with this and Parkinsen's, etc. It really ticks me off!

I would love to see some sort of "fix" for these types of diseases. Its sad that their is nothing that can fix it yet. Sadly medical marijuana is one of the best treatments for Alzheimer's but not all states will allow that. It won't cure it but it apparently slows it down by a lot. I haven't really researched it to much but it seems to help a bunch.

I hate it when Amazon ships a Christmas gift- that I clicked as a gift at checkout- in the actual retail box (an iPod deck/stereo), UPS beats the hell out of the box, and then leaves the box on your front porch so that your spouse can see the beat-up gift that you bought. :mad:

The box literally looks like they played baseball with it. You would think Amazon would ship an item like that in a separate cardboard box.

Back