Things I Hate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The cop girl that drove me to work said that her mom hit a turtle last summer and it messed up her bumper. We had a good laugh.

That probably wasn't fun. I've had raccoons run in front of me, but I've always been able to avoid them. Squirrels, woodchucks, rabbits, and coyotes as well.

It's no fun.

That probably wasn't fun. I've had raccoons run in front of me, but I've always been able to avoid them. Squirrels, woodchucks, rabbits, and coyotes as well.

I manage to avoid little ones. Squirrels, mice, frogs. This one just happened to be on the blind side of a hill, lounging square in line with my left front tire.

I've even saved a skunk in a solid downpour. He ran out and the shadow was nearly invisible against the soaked blacktop. I swerved (35-40) and he passed between the wheels. Scared him enough that he immediately sprayed and I got to drive the next 45 minutes with an undercarriage full of direct skunk blast, amplified by torrential humidity. My car stunk for weeks.

This time there were two deer. I avoided the first one and was keeping an eye out to avoid hitting it and the other one came out of nowhere and I bashed him and he ran away.

Yeah. At first, I was really pissed that he smashed my car and wanted to go after him into the woods with a giant rock like Arnold in Predator, but I've since cooled off and hope he didn't end up being coyote food.

Nobody gives a poop about my car! :monkey2

The cop told me about the deer whistles you can attach to your car, but I read they don't work.

Your car is looking pretty rough, but you should have seen my front end after a piece of dumb white trash cut me off one October morning (in the rain) and took my grill to her driver's side door at about 35mph. $4000. I can't imagine what Kamandi's $7500 looked like.

Also, if deer can hear whistles, then they can hear a 4-8 cylinder engine. That's science.

My deductible is only $100 and I have the loaner Nissan Altima, which is a lot nicer than my actual car. I'm not worried about the body damage. That's an easy fix. The engine light came on and it gave out a few seconds after I hit the deer and that's got me a little concerned. I'm hoping whatever engine repair that needs to be done is done well.

I think it would be bambi's dad. I'm pretty sure I saw antlers on the one I hit. The one I avoided was a lady deer.

I can't imagine what Kamandi's $7500 looked like.

The car was a brand new at the time Dodge Stratus. I lost the back window, major dents on all passenger side body panels, doors, trunk, hood, roof of car. The frame was pushed in ~2 feet right behind my head where a big log must have bounced off the roof. That's the one I'll remember.

They told me If the air bag had gone off Allstate would have had to buy me a new Stratus. As it was they fixed the car.

The only time I ever hit a deer I got lucky and only hit it's head. It was night and I never found him, I have to assume he died later. I was doing 60 and he jumped in my headlights. Somehow there was no damage to the SUV.

Keyboard warriors- essentially goofs on forums and social media outlets that would never even dare to say the things they do if they were standing in front of people.

Back