Things I Hate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There won't be any for me to bum off of anyone today, so I'm on the straight and narrow today whether I like it or not.

picture.php

Good luck. I still have a great fondness for Star Trek TNG for getting me through the night sweats when I gave it away 15 years ago.

It hasn't been as bad as it was in past attempts. Dreams have been extremely lucid. What gets me is the endless future of abstinence. I love cigarettes. I love smoking. What I hate is the cost and the health threat. A potential negative is generally not enough to convince me of the value of a certain pleasure, so I'm trying hard to charm myself with the little victories like enhanced taste, smell, circulation and the oxygen levels in my noggin.

I still get cravings every now and again. Not like I used to in the weeks and months after I stopped, but they still drop by unannounced. Health is mainly why I stopped, and with kids now why I'll never go back. But won't I be pissed if I don't live to a ripe old age. That was part of the bargain, and I'm holding up my end :tap

Getting rear ended by a girl and her boyfriend who don't have insurance, a driver license, non owner of the car (he was driving her parents car without a license), stolen "borrowed" plates from another vehicle, etc...

My truck's hitch completely mangled her car's hood/radiator into her windshield while I have a slight bump the chrome part of my bumper.

Ski

I hear you. I got hit and run by an uninsured driver back in August. He blew a stop sign at a blind intersection. I saw him just in time to stand on the brakes. If I had seen him a moment later he would have struck the passenger side of my car. As it was he shaved the nose off my car, and the minivan he was driving lost traction with the road and spun 180. He had substantial damage, but fled the scene anyway.

He was late for work at Taco Bell. Dumbsh-t. He could have killed my wife and one of my girls.

Anyway, my insurance wound up paying for my repairs. It could have been worse.

I hear you. I got hit and run by an uninsured driver back in August. He blew a stop sign at a blind intersection. I saw him just in time to stand on the brakes. If I had seen him a moment later he would have struck the passenger side of my car. As it was he shaved the nose off my car, and the minivan he was driving lost traction with the road and spun 180. He had substantial damage, but fled the scene anyway.

He was late for work at Taco Bell. Dumbsh-t. He could have killed my wife and one of my girls.

Anyway, my insurance wound up paying for my repairs. It could have been worse.

wait he was found? how do you know he was late for work? Makes me curious if he got away with it or if he had to face the cops

Yes. He was picked up three blocks away at work. A cop was buying tacos and saw him pulling in. :yess:

He was arrested and changed with fleeing the scene, driving without insurance, and running a stop sign. (There were witnesses that backed my story) I suggested further charges but it turns out being an -sshole isn't against the law.

I was not ticketed.

Last edited:
Yes. He was picked up three blocks away at work. A cop was buying tacos and saw him pulling in. :yess:

He was arrested and changed with fleeing the scene, driving without insurance, and running a stop sign. I suggested further charges but it turns out being an -sshole isn't against the law.

I was not ticketed.

:rotfl:rotfl that made me laugh

what a ****** bag, I am really glad you were okay and he got caught.

It hasn't been as bad as it was in past attempts. Dreams have been extremely lucid. What gets me is the endless future of abstinence. I love cigarettes. I love smoking. What I hate is the cost and the health threat. A potential negative is generally not enough to convince me of the value of a certain pleasure, so I'm trying hard to charm myself with the little victories like enhanced taste, smell, circulation and the oxygen levels in my noggin.

My brother, my mum and my fiancee are all doing pretty well off the cigs. My brother particularly who was 40-a-day I think. He's on one of these things that looks like a flute and he orders these variously flavoured refills online somewhere. He couldn't take the cost of it anymore. A packet of cigarettes in Ireland is 9.30euros at the moment, over $12 according to XE.

His attitude is cigarette addiction is one of the most useless addictions you can have. He says it doesn't give you a 'high' like other drugs, all it does is make you feel 'normal' when you kill the craving for nicotine. And is it worth the ever rising expense just to feel normal, something that anyone else gets to experience for free? I thought that was a great way of putting it.

Hes still getting his nicotine of course from these things hes on, but its dramatically less expensive for him and hes no longer taking in the harmful stuff, no smell anymore, it now might actually be worth his while to paint etc etc.

My mum and my fiancee are on the smaller e-cigs at the moment and are doing pretty well. I dunno, they could be having the odd sneaky one for all I know.

I still get cravings every now and again. Not like I used to in the weeks and months after I stopped, but they still drop by unannounced. Health is mainly why I stopped, and with kids now why I'll never go back. But won't I be pissed if I don't live to a ripe old age. That was part of the bargain, and I'm holding up my end :tap

:lol

My brother, my mum and my fiancee are all doing pretty well off the cigs. My brother particularly who was 40-a-day I think. He's on one of these things that looks like a flute and he orders these variously flavoured refills online somewhere. He couldn't take the cost of it anymore. A packet of cigarettes in Ireland is 9.30euros at the moment, over $12 according to XE.

His attitude is cigarette addiction is one of the most useless addictions you can have. He says it doesn't give you a 'high' like other drugs, all it does is make you feel 'normal' when you kill the craving for nicotine. And is it worth the ever rising expense just to feel normal, something that anyone else gets to experience for free? I thought that was a great way of putting it.

Hes still getting his nicotine of course from these things hes on, but its dramatically less expensive for him and hes no longer taking in the harmful stuff, no smell anymore, it now might actually be worth his while to paint etc etc.

My mum and my fiancee are on the smaller e-cigs at the moment and are doing pretty well. I dunno, they could be having the odd sneaky one for all I know.

:lol

Great, excellent way to put it. :goodpost:

Not trying to start an argument or anything but that is exactly the way I saw it as well. I never got the point of cigarettes. For years I would ask friends or people I knew "why they smoked?" I never got a real answer, everyone said something different but nothing concrete.

The closest to an explanation was that it "calms you down and helps you relax"
But like he put it you don't get high or drunk from cigarettes, so I never really understood why people smoke in the first place. To me it really never made any sense.

Most people start smoking because they wanted to be cool. Most people continue smoking because they are either addicted or it's something they enjoy.

Edit: Forgot blackmask supposedly has me on ignore. Oh well. :lol

I picked it up when I started drinking. Then it went well with smoking pot. Then it became something in its own right. Aroma, heat, sensation.

It has a lot in common with coffee, actually.

Back