Things I Hate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm eating Ricolas and I'll probably take some vitamin c pills before I go to sleep. I could feel myself progressively getting sicker and sicker throughout the day.

I used to fry salmon filets in olive oil with chili powder, cayenne and garlic. Then I'd put it in hot tomato soup, oil and all. Washed it down with green tea and honey. Pretty sure I stopped a few colds that way.

If you don't mind me asking, are you still trying to quit?

Yes. Weaning myself was not the answer though. It's good if I can reduce how much I smoke until I quit cold turkey, but I'm just not there yet. I can say I'm much closer than I used to be. Barring a major catastrophe, I'll be done within a month.

Yeah, no. Smoking a cigarette after had no effect on preventing the sickness from taking hold. In fact, clearing mucus was much more difficult when I refrained.

But, I admire your zealotry. Ski would be proud. :lol

I used to fry salmon filets in olive oil with chili powder, cayenne and garlic. Then I'd put it in hot tomato soup, oil and all. Washed it down with green tea and honey. Pretty sure I stopped a few colds that way.

Yes. Weaning myself was not the answer though. It's good if I can reduce how much I smoke until I quit cold turkey, but I'm just not there yet. I can say I'm much closer than I used to be. Barring a major catastrophe, I'll be done within a month.

I used to work for a somewhat shady company that sold oregano to people for medicinal purposes. They had an oregano oil spray that I used once when I started to get sick, and it seemed to go away right away. Could have been a coincidence, though. I don't know.

I'm happy for you. I know it's tough to do from my personal observations. My mom stopped smoking normal cigarettes earlier this year, but she's just smoking those electric cigarettes whenever I see her. I think they're a little better since they don't have a lot of the ingredients, but I still don't think she's ready to give it up. Don't know if she ever will be.

I heard it's harder to kick than heroin or cocaine, and I have seen addicts stay clean but not be able to quit tobacco.

Electric wouldn't be a solution for me. As frightening as lung disease is, what really scares me is cardiovascular disease and as I understand it, that's primarily a consequence of nicotine. My main attraction to smoking is the smoke itself. That's what I need to get over.

:)

If I were really being a zealot I'd point out nicotine is an insecticide and you'd save a lot of money just buying a can of Raid and huffing it.

But I have a libertarian streak in me so I don't really mean it. It's a legal product and your lungs. As long as you're not hurting anyone it's your business.

I appreciate your concern, even if my appreciation tends to get obscured by my attitude. I know how bad it is, and it's not even close to the worst thing in them. Funny thing is, I'm sure I would have quit ages ago were it not for the amount of real zealotry out there.

:)

If I were really being a zealot I'd point out nicotine is an insecticide and you'd save a lot of money just buying a can of Raid and huffing it.

But I have a libertarian streak in me so I don't really mean it. It's a legal product and your lungs. As long as you're not hurting anyone it's your business.

Lucky for Devil, I'm a dictator! @of76, GET OFF MY PLANET! You are making me weaker by reading the word "cigarette".

Ski :gah:

cowboybugs.gif

tumblr_m7fc10xk4i1rq71ks.gif

tumblr_liqvuo9bs81qav29fo1_500.gif

Take Zinc at the first sign of a cold or flu. I take it all during the winter.

No zinc in my cabinet, unfortunately. I've been drinking lots of fluids and taking my fever reducer. My fever jumped from 99.1 this morning to 103.4 this afternoon. I keep fluctuating from feeling really cold to really hot. Not fun.

Back