Things I Hate

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Condolences to Evilface and RavenEye.

A dog living to 20, wow. My oldest dog is 12 and although he surely has life left in him he's slowed down quite a bit. I can't see him reaching 20.

I ****ing hate it, when my GF is saying something totally alright, but it translates towards me like I´m a total weirdo.
I mean, we all are...but she has this kind of telling it that I´m feeling ashamed of myself.
Like I´m sick, because of my love for franchises that she considers just toys. Transformers are, but...I think she could complain if I´d actually play with´em.
I had totally awesome mood for the weekend and now it´s gone.

my dog is getting there, already lost some teeth, lost some of the fur on the tail and back legs... :/

It used to be that being on Facebook was a good idea when it comes to companies you really like, and taking advantage of offers, etc. Now they're switching to mostly Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
If you're following Spook this year, Sideshow says you'll want to be on Instagram. :gah:

I can't do all this social media stuff. I can lose my job too easily if I say or post the wrong thing.

It used to be that being on Facebook was a good idea when it comes to companies you really like, and taking advantage of offers, etc. Now they're switching to mostly Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
If you're following Spook this year, Sideshow says you'll want to be on Instagram. :gah:

I can't do all this social media stuff. I can lose my job too easily if I say or post the wrong thing.

i dont think you can even make an instagram account on a computer, has to be on the phone. i hate that

i dont think you can even make an instagram account on a computer, has to be on the phone. i hate that

Late the other night I was watching NY ER on TLC and a nurse who had worked in the hospital ER for 6 years was instantly fired for posting a picture of the aftermath of an ER after saving someone who tried to beat a train. No names were mentioned or anything, but the hospital fired because someone was bothered by the pic.

Social media in this day and age of PC Correctness and people easily butt hurt causes more harm than good IMO.

i wanna have it just to have it
my twitter account has zero posts, i only use it to join giveaways or to post on Neca's twitter. having accounts doesnt have to be bad as long as you dont get used to using them
it's like, i wanted to have instagram just to see pics but i doubt i would ever post anything, or if i do it would be silly stuff like pictures of nature or the sky or stuff like that

Late the other night I was watching NY ER on TLC and a nurse who had worked in the hospital ER for 6 years was instantly fired for posting a picture of the aftermath of an ER after saving someone who tried to beat a train. No names were mentioned or anything, but the hospital fired because someone was bothered by the pic.

Social media in this day and age of PC Correctness and people easily butt hurt causes more harm than good IMO.

Federal HIPAA rules forbid the unauthorized disclosure of patient medical information, even without names. For that reason alone they could be fired. It would be up to the family to allow those pictures to be made public (ie - a public service message). The hospital review board had to take some punitive measures or face additional liability. In many states the nurse could lose his/her license which would also mean the end of their job.

Federal HIPAA rules forbid the unauthorized disclosure of patient medical information, even without names. For that reason alone they could be fired. It would be up to the family to allow those pictures to be made public (ie - a public service message). The hospital review board had to take some punitive measures or face additional liability. In many states the nurse could lose his/her license which would also mean the end of their job.

The room was empty. No one was shown. No names mentioned. She said she wasn't fired for violating the HIPAA laws, because she didn't. The hospital just called her insensitive. What was really bad was, she was just reposting a pic that a doctor posted. Nothing happened to him, of course.

Here's the pic:
screen-shot-2014-06-27-at-11-53-50-am-1.jpg

Anyway, she's working at another hospital now. I just keep hearing more and more about things like this and it can make you a bit nervous.

I agree it's ridiculous. It's also predictable in the Land of the Free[SUP]® [/SUP]that people take offense and miss the point, choosing instead to punish.

why post work stuff anyways? I dont even have an important job like that and I know you shouldn't be posting "backstage" stuff. could be a pic of a mop and a bucket and you never know what someone will find wrong with it lol.
it doesn't even have to do with insensitive, there is a reason that regular people don't see "behind the counter" sort of speak. I never understood it

thats a good point too, some work places tell you to not use your phone while working (only for emergencies)

Back